Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation about the planet. Who made it, will they return.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the Destiny crew could signal a seeder ship in the vicinity to drop a gate there.

Just sending the environment readings should be enough - "perfect".
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I doubt this race is any we've seen yet.

My bet is that one of the seed ships did find that planet and did plant a stargate there, but whoever created that planet became aware of it. They removed the Stargate and were either able to remove the entry from Destiny or prevent the data from ever arriving aboard Destiny.

Destiny's path seems to be variable depending on needs entered into the database. So they would not have known that Destiny would stop by a hundreds or thousands of years after the seed ship stopped by.

Who knows, maybe they even destroyed or commandeered the seed ship that passed by?

Comment

i think the local ascended did it. as opposed to extremist "interference or not" they created an opportunity for the crew.

Comment

Obviously it wasnt the ancients or any other known race, since they didnt recognize the writing on the obelisk. I also really doubt (and fear) its ascended being, since for one, thats heavily from previous series and SGU seems to take very little from those, and secondly, why would ascended being put an obelisk there? and then send out a signal?

My money is on a new exciting and mysterious race, like the asgard and ancients were in the begging of SG1.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Someone asked this on Joe Mallozzi's blog:

Eli said, in reference to the large structure on the planet (in “Faith”), “…markings like some kind of alien language”… so it’s probably not Ancient (unless the Ascended Ancients have another language or another race that Ascended), though curiosity is through the roof: did the Ancients, the Space aliens, or another race create that star, planet, and/or structure? (Or probably a safer question: Will that question be answered this season?)

And Joe answered: Elements of this particular storyline will be picked up at a later date. Cryptic, no?

Comment

the Ancients didn't build the obelisk, they built the solar system.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikec3 View Post
                Someone asked this on Joe Mallozzi's blog:

Eli said, in reference to the large structure on the planet (in “Faith”), “…markings like some kind of alien language”… so it’s probably not Ancient (unless the Ascended Ancients have another language or another race that Ascended), though curiosity is through the roof: did the Ancients, the Space aliens, or another race create that star, planet, and/or structure? (Or probably a safer question: Will that question be answered this season?)

And Joe answered: Elements of this particular storyline will be picked up at a later date. Cryptic, no?
                The fact that the obelisk sent some kind of signal will probably lead to something.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                  The fact that the obelisk sent some kind of signal will probably lead to something.
                  Hopefully.

I wonder if we'll get to revisit those left behind. Thus far I think there were the two that went through the gate in Air Part 3, leaving the desert planet, and these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Macphisto View Post
                    Hopefully.

I wonder if we'll get to revisit those left behind. Thus far I think there were the two that went through the gate in Air Part 3, leaving the desert planet, and these guys.
                    The problem is that the crew don't have control over the ship, so the Destiny is not likely to physically come back to the planet. The only way I see for them to meet those people again (from air 3 and faith) is if some aliens pick them up and either send them on the Destiny path or back to earth. As someone said, it would be pretty cool if in the next few episodes some aliens sent Caine and his apostle back to earth. If I was Caine I would then voluteer to be a swap stones body just to rub it in*. LOL

* Also give some love to James.
                    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

You know i can actually see that happening strangely enough, not the rubbing in part but those who chose to stay on the planet actually being returned to earth. It would be a major kick in the teeth for those left on the ship and certainly an interesting plot development.

Comment

even cooler would be: we visit a planet... and they're there!

since for one, thats heavily from previous series and SGU seems to take very little from those
                        stargates, stones, the suits, to name a few?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          stargates, stones, the suits, to name a few?
                          And thats about it, even then the suits are pretty much just reused props. Where are any alien gizmos, like zats? or anything introduced not in SGU? Even the stones and suits you mentioned are different. As for the stargate, well if that wasnt in the show, it would hardly be even related to the rest of the franchise.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Yes. Since we know that (according to Oma) there were other races out there in the ranks of the Ascended, who is to say one of those races weren't from that area of space, and the Ancients made this planet as a 'peace offering' to them.

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
                              Unlikely to happenn but imagine if the obelisk has a time dilation device in it, those 11 people they left behind would become an village or a town with a much larger population if they bump into it again
                              They did say in the show that the planet is suppose to be a molten rock for it's age, I'm guess one possibility is someone sped up the planet's development through time dilation.
                              Wasn't there an SG1 ep where a Gou'ald fast tracked the humans there? Also we had that meditation village in SGA where they used a time dilation device to allow those inside to learn to ascend. So it is not out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
                                You know i can actually see that happening strangely enough, not the rubbing in part but those who chose to stay on the planet actually being returned to earth. It would be a major kick in the teeth for those left on the ship and certainly an interesting plot development.
                                Or the same ones who made it, move it to another part of the galaxy ahead of us..

Comment

Working...
                                X