The senator's body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Colonel Young said to Wray that they would deal with it. In Air, pt.3. IIRC So you can safely assume they did. No need to actually show that, or do you want them to waste precious screen time on that? I don't. And I like how in SGU not everything has to be explained to the point where's no imagination or thinking process required anymore of the viewer.
    It was in Darkness, but good point.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      It was in Darkness, but good point.
      I was just coming back to edit it, but seems like you're too fast for me.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Well he sacrifieced himself to shut the door and it was already leaking atmosphere so the shields around the ship probably failed and he got sucked out as they jumped to ftl or he got burned up when the ship went into the star to recharge.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          maybe they ate him
          Darn you P.A. i wanted to say that!

Comment

It would have been a nice character moment for Chloe, but it would detract from her sex symbol statues, and would make us ask que- oh hey! Chloe is skinny-dipping NAKED in a lake!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
              It would have been a nice character moment for Chloe, but it would detract from her sex symbol statues, and would make us ask que- oh hey! Chloe is skinny-dipping NAKED in a lake!
              Sex symbol? I've only seen her have sex once
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I just assumed they buried it. Basic human courtsey for the dead right there. You dont really need to be spoon fed this information and it has no relevance to the ongoing plot. Not like anyones gonna be a d!ck and bring it up in casual conversation with Chole. Oh hey remember how your dads dead and we buried him on that planet back there? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Sex symbol? I've only seen her have sex once
                  And this is the naivete I was talking about. It's actually a great position you've taken, because in order to prove my side, they'd have to show them having sex every single time they have sex. But the more-learned among us realize the implications of showing a couple having sex, and then sleeping together almost every single episode. It doesn't need to be spelled out for us. So you can keep on claiming that, I guess.

Hey, I haven't seen Young and TJ have sex at all! So how can TJ be pregnant? I don't understand! And even though Young and that other woman on Earth were supposed to be married or something, and I only saw them have sex once, too! It doesn't make sense! How can there be so many people on Earth, if I don't see them having sex? Because that's where babies come from...

That was sarcasm. I trust I've made my point, because I really don't want to have to go further than that.

But sex symbol means more than sex. Chloe is only character we've seen get naked, and she's done that twice. I thought the whole shower scene in Darkness was gratuitous, but for no reason at all, they shower her naked again in Faith. They make it a point to show her sleeping with Scott almost every episode. She's very rarely doing anything else.

That is what we call in the business, a "Sex symbol." It means a character (usually female) having her naked body or sexual characteristics emphasized fairly often, as an attempt to further drag men into watching the show. You have to have been around long enough to know this, which makes your proclaimed naivete all the more disingenuous.

But this is the wrong thread to discuss this; as a long time poster, I'm sure you aren't deliberately posting in the wrong thread.

Comment

Who's to say the blue aliens didn't take it 2 eps ago.

Comment

Dial it back a bit folks.

First, CANONLY we have only seen scott and chloe have sex once. Thus, to some fans, that's how it is. Ask the Sam and Jack ship bunch...CANONLY we've never seen them together - romantically - in the main universe, and that's the reasoning the anti ship fans use to denounce the pairing. that said, as far as the shippers are concerned, they think it's happening that way, thus it is.

So nothing can be 'proved' either way. So chill out over that a bit.

Canonly, we've only seen chloe and scott have sex once. some may infer that it's happened more times. neither side is empirically right or wrong...so mellow out over the point a bit and move on please.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And let's please get back on topic: What happened with the Senator's Body?

I still think they buried him or gave him a space burial. As Young said to Wray, they would take care of it later on. And I also think the writers, TPTB, did not need to spoon feed us this information. My opinion, of course.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post
                          Except I had 7 years of caring about Janet to work up to that. With Senator Armstrong, it was just 45 minutes of "oh hey, it's that guy!"
                          i agree ! you can't compare an elected senator with a doctor who spend his entire life saving patients! She has survived a lot of important infections at the SGC and almost died. And finally she left this world saving another life .

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                          It would have been a good moment for chloe....a good character build chance that got ignored
                          well i don't think that Chloe is ignored but it would be a good moment !

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          maybe they ate him
                          I think that we should ask Eli about this ... he is the one who want's meat ( he say it in Space)

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          And let's please get back on topic: What happened with the Senator's Body?

I still think they buried him or gave him a space burial. As Young said to Wray, they would take care of it later on. And I also think the writers, TPTB, did not need to spoon feed us this information. My opinion, of course.
                          I think that a space burial would be nice too ,only few minutes at the beginning of the episode should be enough but as you said it's my opinion and maybe we'll never know what happened
                          Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Something hit me the other day, as I was rewatching Air. At the very beginning, when Desinty emerges and flies toward the camera, you can see the shuttle they use in the middle of the ship. There is another shuttle on the left side of the ship (right side of screen). I'm wondering if there is a third shuttle on the right side of the ship, too, which would make 3 shuttles, which means the one they repaired might not have been the Senator's body in it.

Comment

I don't think it was an error. There was an episode where Young and Wray discussed what they were going to do with the body, and Young basically said they'll take care of it eventually. I think we can imply from that scene that they got around to it.

Perfecto!

Comment

They ate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X