Chess and the show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
    Is anyone else as impressed as I am by Rush's wood carving skills? Especially considering that he working with that big knife - you go, dude.

I feel my prediction will eventually come true - someday, it will be Rush that knits Young his new socks. And then there will finally be peace and happiness on board Destiny!
    Sounds like a slash fiction:
    Socks and Wood: The OTP Story of Colonel Everett Young and Dr Nicholas Rush
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Sounds like a slash fiction:
      Socks and Wood: The OTP Story of Colonel Everett Young and Dr Nicholas Rush
      Whistles innocently while making notes . . .

(And also, snicker, you said "wood" . . .)
      sigpic
      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Whistles innocently while making notes . . .

(And also, snicker, you said "wood" . . .)
        I know, and now I can never take that back.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think 50 years from now theyre gonna be kirk and spock, but for now theyre trying not to kill eachother and find some common ground. Imagine in season 5 we get an ep where they meet young and rush from season 1 and are all WTF were bff now

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
            Don't assume Rush would be a better chess player due to his educational background, chess is taught in many military schools, so military officers are more likely to be above average players.
            I have never had any formal training, but when i first enlisted, i routinely beat our officers in the ships chess club (though i always seemed to get my ass handed to me by three of our MS's)

Spoiler:
            The teaser for the next episode indicates Rush is going to put his hiney on the line in the Ancient download chair. I imagine that will get him some points with Young as I think part of Young's beef with Rush is Rush's inability to sacrifice himself for everyone else. Rush is doing exactly what Young challenged him to do. I can't wait to see where that goes.
            I was finally cheering for rush when i saw the previews..

I think 50 years from now theyre gonna be kirk and spock, but for now theyre trying not to kill eachother and find some common ground.
            That might be. Heck remember in the initial SG film, oneil hated daniel, but look how friendly they were by the end.

Comment

I wonder, with whom Rush was planning to play originally? Surely, not with Young I very much doubt, one of his colleagues, scientists, had been on his mind either… Maybe I am wrong here though.
              Just can’t imagine Rush walking through the door with chess board and pieces and offering a friendly match to somebody – it has to be a friendly gesture, right? Friendly Rush, for God's sake!

… Perhaps with himself?
              Last edited by tessa; 17 April 2010, 01:09 PM. Reason: error in spelling
              Everything will be okay in the end.
              If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by tessa View Post
                I wonder, with whom Rush was planning to play originally? Surely, not with Young I very much doubt, one of his colleagues, scientists, had been on his mind either… Maybe I am wrong here though.
                Just can’t imagine Rush walking through the door with chess board and pieces and offering a friendly match to somebody – it has to be a friendly gesture, right? Friendly Rush, for God's sake!

… Perhaps with himself?
                lol making chess pieces is a pastime.

Didn't you ever see The Shawshank Redemption?
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post

OT:

I just got that on Blu-Ray! I've never seen it before and i'm going to watch it soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    OT:

I just got that on Blu-Ray! I've never seen it before and i'm going to watch it soon...
                    Ohhhh do it do it do it do it.

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Everything about it is fantastic.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post

Yes, but it was a very, VERY long time ago. I feel now like I need to re-watch it It was a great movie, I remember that
                      Everything will be okay in the end.
                      If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Comment

Who do you think brought a chess board on Destiny...Rush or Young?
                        My bet is on Young.

Comment

I think neither of them - hence the fact that Rush is making chess pieces. The board itself is easy enough (paper will do in a pinch).
                          sigpic
                          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

I wonder what Greer's game of choice is. Russian roulette?
                            i'd say football
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Is anyone else as impressed as I am by Rush's wood carving skills? Especially considering that he working with that big knife - you go, dude.
                              Of course Rush could be practicing his knife skills for the next time he and Young go head to head...

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                                i'd say football
                                Basketball.

Or better yet... Golf.

He's a golf guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X