Chess and the show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daro View Post
    That's what I said, the IQ v. military thing.

And I don't think that having their real life tactics inform some of their methods in chess would be unrealistic. I am an avid board gamer, and I see my own personality influencing the way I play. Sometimes some things are a cliche because they're true.
    Given Young's penchant towards weapons, and Rush's towards sheild, I'd say Young opts for tactical play and open positions, whereas Rush would prefer a closed positional game.

Comment

Backgammon is the ame of Lost.

SGU has a game of Chess.

The similarities continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost View Post

SGU has a game of Chess.

And the grasping at straws continues
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

SGU has a game of Chess.

Tea'lc is also Black. and Daniel is white.... !!!!

MIB vs Jacob reference?!?

Light/dark?

*gasp*

Comment

SGU has a game of Chess.

Grasping at straws, methinks.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I wuv chess.

Comment

SGU has a game of Chess.

With the greatest possible respect, I say: only in your mind.

Comment

Well ST:TNG had poker, too, so what?

Chess, though, really? Seems a little on the nose, doesnt it?

I wont be impressed until Rush is playing Prince for his soul

Comment

I'm interested to see where this goes. Young is clearly making an effort to work with Rush on more than a surface level. Rush still doesn't trust Young. I also think Young recognizes his impulse control issues and is trying to get a handle on that problem since we've seen the fallout from at least one of Young's snap decisions. It's hard to change life long habits but they do have every incentive to get too it.

Spoiler:
                    The teaser for the next episode indicates Rush is going to put his hiney on the line in the Ancient download chair. I imagine that will get him some points with Young as I think part of Young's beef with Rush is Rush's inability to sacrifice himself for everyone else. Rush is doing exactly what Young challenged him to do. I can't wait to see where that goes.
                    All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I think it'd be nice in a future episode, after some big event, we see them sitting down to a game of chess, talking and getting along. Don't get me wrong, the friction is fun to watch but sometimes it's just nice to see people getting along.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                        I think it'd be nice in a future episode, after some big event, we see them sitting down to a game of chess, talking and getting along. Don't get me wrong, the friction is fun to watch but sometimes it's just nice to see people getting along.
                        I agree all we have had has been tension among everybody. We need to start seeing people get along.

Comment

SGU has a game of Chess.

And strawgrasping continues to be the most popular game in fandom.
                          sigpic

Comment

I wonder what Greer's game of choice is. Russian roulette?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              I wonder what Greer's game of choice is. Russian roulette?
                              He seems like a Jacks man
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Is anyone else as impressed as I am by Rush's wood carving skills? Especially considering that he working with that big knife - you go, dude.

I feel my prediction will eventually come true - someday, it will be Rush that knits Young his new socks. And then there will finally be peace and happiness on board Destiny!
                                sigpic
                                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X