No announcement yet.

Lost References

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this thread is a perfect opportunity to bring back my now infamous "Universe is a Lost rip off" post:

Universe is a rip off of Lost:

- They both about a group of people stranded on a ship/island to which they can't escape.
    -They are both the wrong people at the wrong places
    - Both the Destiny ship and the Island have some mystery.
    - The Destiny ship travel through space while the Lost island travel through time. But we know with the relativity theory that time and space are actually the same thing.
    - Scott = Jack, his girlfriend Chloe = Kate. They make out but another one is jealous, Eli/Sawyer.
    - Rush=Locke. Both believe the Destiny/Island is a disaster which is actually something good for them. They both have ulterior motive.
    - Spencer have been seen gathering food just like Hugo. And happens to also takes pills like Charlie.
    - Both have mysterious inhabitant. In lost they are called the others and the Destiny the ship we saw them ducking out at the end of an episode (Air 3 i think).
    - Both have their backstory related to some ancient earth mythology. Lost=Egypt. Stargate=Egypt, Atlantis etc.
    - The main issue for both of the groups is survival and how to get back.
    - Both shows combine soapy drama elements with mysterious sci-fi elements.
    - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship are protected by some form of shield system.
    - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship seem to have a long history predating the arrival of our people.
    - Air 3 desert tornado alien=Blacksmoke entity
    - I swear I saw a polar bear somewhere on the Destiny.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I suggest you acquaint yourself with both Swiss Family Robinson and Lord of the Flies.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Never have watched LOST so I can;t really agree or disagree.
        awesome show
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid1 View Post
          I suggest you acquaint yourself with both Swiss Family Robinson and Lord of the Flies.
          I was about to say the exact same thing. Lost is unique because of the way it combines its characters and plot elements, but every character and plot element in it could be a rip off from a previous story. Originality is like cooking: basically, the grocery store has all the same ingredients. It's how you combine them that makes your version unique. SGU is not a rip off of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            I think this thread is a perfect opportunity to bring back my now infamous "Universe is a Lost rip off" post:

Universe is a rip off of Lost:

- They both about a group of people stranded on a ship/island to which they can't escape.
            -They are both the wrong people at the wrong places
            - Both the Destiny ship and the Island have some mystery.
            - The Destiny ship travel through space while the Lost island travel through time. But we know with the relativity theory that time and space are actually the same thing.
            - Scott = Jack, his girlfriend Chloe = Kate. They make out but another one is jealous, Eli/Sawyer.
            - Rush=Locke. Both believe the Destiny/Island is a disaster which is actually something good for them. They both have ulterior motive.
            - Spencer have been seen gathering food just like Hugo. And happens to also takes pills like Charlie.
            - Both have mysterious inhabitant. In lost they are called the others and the Destiny the ship we saw them ducking out at the end of an episode (Air 3 i think).
            - Both have their backstory related to some ancient earth mythology. Lost=Egypt. Stargate=Egypt, Atlantis etc.
            - The main issue for both of the groups is survival and how to get back.
            - Both shows combine soapy drama elements with mysterious sci-fi elements.
            - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship are protected by some form of shield system.
            - Both the Lost Island and the Destiny ship seem to have a long history predating the arrival of our people.
            - Air 3 desert tornado alien=Blacksmoke entity
            - I swear I saw a polar bear somewhere on the Destiny.
            Wow, last time I watched Lost it was a bunch of people on an island...
            What the hell happened?

Comment

I can at least agree that this episode reminded me of LOST. Especially with all the references towards fate and/or God. That scientist dude is so Locke lol.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Well you should add to the list, that they both have pregnant blonds now also.

Comment

"Come on"

Can we PLEASE stop comparing this show with others...it's Sci Fi, there's gonna be overlaps with just about EVERY other Sci Fi show ever made...

You're gonna start the SGU = BSG argument up again!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                  : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                    You're gonna start the SGU = BSG argument up again!
                    But just look at it, Encoder! SGU has three letters in the acronym, despite having only two words in the title, just like BSG! And both the first words are amalgams of "star" and another word. And the second word - it's on its own!

Stargate Universe. Battlestar Galatica.

It's so obvious that they're copies of each other. And neither came before the other - SGU will eventually time travel and come before BSG, who will then come before SGU by time travel again (I believe we are all living in an alternate timeline where BSG came first!) and then the loop'll continue!

Spoiler:
                    In short, I think it's all bull****.
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachus View Post
                      Well you should add to the list, that they both have pregnant blonds now also.
                      I wonder who will be abducting the baby in SGU?

Comment

Never watched Lost. Never watched BSG. So I guess this episode reminded me of.....nothing.
                        sigpic

Comment

the plane crash thing is part of standard "it's gods hand / not gods hand" discussion. NOTHING to do with lost. besides, there are 1000 trillion games, tv shows and what not that have beams shooting up in the sky. Black and White had beams shooting from the town centers and temples. was it inspired by that, then?

if lost didn't exist the episode would've been identical

Comment

Actually yeah that one scientists did remind me a fair amount of LOST. He kept talking about how they were meant to be here. I almost half expected him to talk about what the island wanted.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It's crazy how similar to Lost it was! I mean, there were people, they talked, there were trees, water, even a SKY!

Nuts I know, straight plagiarism actually!
                              Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Come on ! Since Lost not everything has to be related to the show ! i saw lost and i didn't like it but i love sgu !

Not everything is related to lost , and not everybody love it !
                                Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Working...
                                X