This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
    I liked the episode but I thought it lacked some explanations. I think that there is an Ancient watching the crew. Prob watching Icarus cuz they were curious how the Destiny is fairing and went through the gate with them. But my theory still doesn't really explain what the obelisk was for. I am really hoping that this is revisited in the future.
    That undermines the whole point of the episode in having faith about the unknown if we know everything about the planet.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post
      3) That guy who was in charge of the stones last episodes choosing to stay behind, he was a strong guest star now we'll never be able to see him again until he magically reappears on the alien ship with these aliens if that ever happens.
      This wasn't made clear if he stayed behind or not.

We don't know yet.

But he wasn't seen with the rest of the group, or eating at the tables.

Originally posted by Iffy1 View Post
      Where were the animals and bugs? That right there seems to me to be big red flag. Lot's of plants but what about animals?
      The creators didn't put animals on it. that's my guess?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        You should put that in the reviews, Brian. That's really interesting. Young seems to be realising that people don't think he's been doing a good job. You'd think last week would have clued him in, though.
        He even took Rush's suggestion about using gunpoint or force. Well he did not do it but he did threathen if the military folks did not return.

After seeing Rush in the preview for next week, I think people are going to start seeing him as a good guy and not this shadey person. If that happens, that will be amazing character development. It's like how I hated Mckay in the beginning but then ended up really liking his character towards the later seasons.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That undermines the whole point of the episode in having faith about the unknown if we know everything about the planet.
          Them finding out about who made it or whatever wouldn't change the meaning of the episode. I never said they had to find out everything. Anyways I believe that an Ancient did it. Makes sense to me an Ancient was watching Icarus out of curiosity and went through with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            This wasn't made clear if he stayed behind or not.

We don't know yet.

But he wasn't seen with the rest of the group, or eating at the tables.
            See, this is what I meant in my previous post. It was never said one way or the other who stayed behind. I guess I just inferred that some of them did given the scene on the planet, but maybe this isn't the case?

I do agree that Dr. Caine was a pretty cool supporting character, and it sucks that he's (likely) gone now
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
              I liked the episode but I thought it lacked some explanations. I think that there is an Ancient watching the crew. Prob watching Icarus cuz they were curious how the Destiny is fairing and went through the gate with them. But my theory still doesn't really explain what the obelisk was for. I am really hoping that this is revisited in the future.
              If there was an ancient watching over them I would think they would just zap them right home ? I guess if they can make a machine to create & destroy life they have one for planets around the galaxy. Sounds like a potential future Atlantis movie

Comment

Not a bad episode. It had some exploration and it peeked some interest in these possible aliens. Not the best ep of the series, but it had it's moments. Would give it a B or 8/10 for keeping interest and making it feel like old school SG with forested planets and exploration.

Characters

T.J. was very real in this episode, excellent peformance. Chloe was Chloe sadly, lol. Eli was pushed to the background but had a nice scene with Wray. Young is really trying to make things work, and he even is starting to reach out a hand to Rush, and Rush smirks after Young leaves the room. So it is good they are working things out.

Greer was good how he handled the civillian vs military thing about digging trenches.

Scott just annoyed me in this episode, but won't get into that now, lol.

Plot

Always love exploration and finding out new planets and aliens and old civilliazations of aliens. It is what made Stargate, Stargate pretty much. I am sure this episode plot will be revisited later in the show, if not then this episode was pretty much a waste except for letting us know about TJ and the other characters.

Anyway to sum it all, I sorta had a feeling this ep would not be as exciting as the last two, so when you shoot low and the show ends up low it is not as dissapointing. I was intrigued by the story and some of the character moments, so that is a win in my book. Still not a very strong ep, but I don't expect them all to be.

Final Score: B

Peace!
                sigpic

Comment

I think that either the blue aliens built that solar system1 or the ascended Ancients built it hoping the they would stay and leave their big science project alone2.
                  1 = that is what I think
                  2 = just kidding

Comment

Well, this was just opened... so let's badger us for talking about the episode after it aired almost an hour ago?

Anyways, I think this was THE BEST episode of the series so far. It had no action what so ever, but it didn't need it.

Just the whole premise of this episode I loved. The unknown's. Who made the planet... do we stay behind?

Interesting reveal with the pregnancy.

But I would have liked to have known if anyone stayed behind though. that's bugged me.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      Well, this was just opened... so let's badger us for talking about the episode after it aired almost an hour ago?

Anyways, I think this was THE BEST episode of the series so far. It had no action what so ever, but it didn't need it.

Just the whole premise of this episode I loved. The unknown's. Who made the planet... do we stay behind?

Interesting reveal with the pregnancy.

But I would have liked to have known if anyone stayed behind though. that's bugged me.
                      I would bet on it. People like Dr. Caine seemed very determined that the planet was a higher purpose.

Wouldn't it be cruell if they were right and the people who stayed behind go back to Earth thanks to the aliens.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I would bet on it. People like Dr. Caine seemed very determined that the planet was a higher purpose.

Wouldn't it be cruell if they were right and the people who stayed behind go back to Earth thanks to the aliens.
                        Watch, down the line somewhere... Dr.Cain will be back working at the SGC.

Maybe even using the stones to talk with the people on destiny. The irony of that would be so funny.

Comment

That would make things very interesting. They use the stones and find out those people were rescued. OUCH!
                          sigpic

Comment

After the sparks flying and 'I need more power for the shields' space battles of the past couple of episodes, this was a nice change of pace. It was interesting to see the military and civilians kinda maneuvering around each other after Divided, though I would have preferred more dialog as opposed to another musical montage. Really enjoyed the scenes with Eli and Wray, since I think it's the first time we've really seen them talk to each other.

It was also interesting to see Rush so eager to have the military use force to get the people on the planet to cooperate, and good of Young to call him on that. Makes me feel that he basically co-opted Wray and the other civilians' issues with the military for his own purposes in Divided, as opposed to having a principled objection to them himself.

I thought AH did a fantastic job as TJ, great range of emotions and I esp liked her slight smile after Scott says that they're 'stuck' there for a month. Though I can't say I'm too thrilled with the idea of her carrying Young's child, even though I knew this development was coming. I just wished that the female characters would get some good development that wasn't directly in relation to one of the guys, but I guess I'll have to rely mostly on Wray for that now.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                            See, this is what I meant in my previous post. It was never said one way or the other who stayed behind. I guess I just inferred that some of them did given the scene on the planet, but maybe this isn't the case?

I do agree that Dr. Caine was a pretty cool supporting character, and it sucks that he's (likely) gone now
                            I think it was implied the Caine stayed behind, since he wasn't shown leaving the shuttle and he was the most adamant about staying on the planet. I wish he'd stuck around as well, though who knows, we may find him on an alien ship ala Rush at some point.

sigpic

Comment

Just fyi...

Music used in tonight's episode - All My Days by Alexi Murdoch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R5IQoIYvTM

Comment

A very nice episode tonight. I really liked the reveal about the planet, and hope we find out more about those aliens someday. It was nice to see Wray and Rush getting along a little better with some people in this one. After all, they shouldn't always be at each others throats. I really can't wait to see where this goes concerning TJ and Young. I wonder when he will find out?
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X