This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suqata View Post
    Paradise Lost anyone? I have not seen any mention of it so far, they are too similar to be accidental.
    Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread. Kept dragging me out of the ep
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      Yeah, I mentioned that in another thread. Kept dragging me out of the ep
      They don't look alike to me. The Paradise Lost planet was open with fields while this planet had more of a wooded area
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I found the similarity to SG1's Paradise Lost striking too. And the similarities to the final few episodes of BSG with the commander telling the people to cross the line to go back to the ship vs stay on the planet. And then the "new and fresh" planet to start a colony on. Between the two other shows, I couldn't stay in the story for very long.

Someone mentioned earlier they thought the star and planet were moved to the empty space. That was my thought too, that somebody had moved them there rather than created them. Who would move them? The seeding ships so there would be a fresh water and food supply just at the point the Destiny would need them. I don't see any "gods" at play here.

Who built the obelisk? I don't know, but I don't think it necessarily has to be the same people who moved/built the planet. It could be anybody. But it could be the movers/builders, who could very well be the Ancients. Or somebody else. I wouldn't want to be on the planet with no help and very few people around when they showed up though.

I called TJs pregnancy and relationship with Young in episode 1. Win for the call, not sure if it is a win for the story though. Hope it doesn't turn into TJ having a "space monster" or "Dawson's Creek Soap Opera".

Liked people finally working together.

So is the "robot" something Destiny has had all along? Or did the Smurfs put it there? Hmmmmmmm.....good question.

I hope this is the last scene of Chloe naked in the water. Get past it guys. I hope Scott stays away from her other than being polite. There are plenty of other women to sleep with, plus he could be TJ's baby's daddy since he didn't get to be his own son's daddy. OMG. Heading to Dawson's Creek Soap Opera-land with that thought. Please don't go there.

I don't know if I "liked" the episode or not. It just was there. I didn't hate it.

What a bunch of idiots to stay on the planet with only a handful of people. Nothing like letting them commit suicide.

Greer has been my favorite character since minute 1 and still is.

Comment

And there was no Maybourne and Jack sniping at each other, sometimes with words, sometimes with bullets. No mysterious mind-altering thingie. No Jonas!

Long story short, let's just say the two episodes were dissimilar enough for me to not be annoyed while watching them. No SGU episode has struck me like that yet.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I had never even thought of "Faith" being similar with "Paradise Lost". So, to me they're not similar enough to care.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              They don't look alike to me. The Paradise Lost planet was open with fields while this planet had more of a wooded area
              Oh, I don't think the episodes were at all the same, but I'd bet cash on it being the same location for the shoot. Same lake, same waterfall, at least.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I don't think the episodes were at all the same, but I'd bet cash on it being the same location for the shoot. Same lake, same waterfall, at least.
                I was never talking about the episodes. I don't see the simliarties in location
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I was never talking about the episodes. I don't see the simliarties in location
                  Rewatch Paradise Lost
                  sigpic

Comment

Rewatch Paradise Lost
                    Do I have too? I really dislike Paradise Lost
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Do I have too? I really dislike Paradise Lost
                      I watch it once every couple of months... barefoot Jack
                      sigpic

Comment

more like a marsh
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The planets are totally different, the Faith one was in a mountainous region with waterfalls, rivers, forest, while the Paradise Lost one is mostly marsh with some forest. And they probably filmed the Faith one at Olympic Peninsula, WA

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            The planets are totally different, the Faith one was in a mountainous region with waterfalls, rivers, forest, while the Paradise Lost one is mostly marsh with some forest. And they probably filmed the Faith one at Olympic Peninsula, WA
                            I asked Carl Binder on Twitter about the shooting location for 'Faith,' over the weekend, and he confirmed the marsh/lake area is indeed the same as SG1's Paradise Lost and SGA's Harmony.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              Be worried dude Young just gave most of the non military personnel a reason to kick him out again & even the medic might turn on him next time
                              thanx for pointing this out; this theory seems to make sense--totally looked over this possible cause ofa possible effect

[QUOTE=striker7770;11415651]it was good, but im getting a little tired of not explaining a damn thing, or at least showing us somthing cool or unexpected at the ending montage
                              I was expecting they'd explore the obelisk a bit more--maybe try to go inside? from the preview for this season 1 half, I expected much more

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                              Not just that it was just refreshing seeing everyone be nice to each other for once
                              yes; more like what u'd xpect these in-the-same-straded-situation people to endeavor to eventually

[QUOTE=Alan Wake;11415675]I was hoping the stone-guy who was arguing about faith and staying, would stay... and we'd see a clip of him at the end. Aliens coming down... and then we never know what happens.
                              I think that would have been a much better ending.[/QUOTE

I seriously want to findout who the Obelisk aliens are!!

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
                              I'd never seen it in the previews. So it was a good shock for me. I leaned all the way in for that. Makes me think of the Preserver Obelisk that Captain Kirk found on that planet with the Native American Indians in Star Trek TOS.

what did the Obelisk do again? saw that ep long time ago

I was thinking along the same line. I was worried more about unknown bacteria that could swim into... openings and cause infections. Space herpes anyone? I don't think Scott would like that much!
                              more like extraterrestrial herpes; think TPTB wrote in Chloe bathing naked just for male-viewer enjoyment; even had Scott somehow run into her then; I've come to expect Chloe to do these unwise things by now--typical Chloe action

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Not a bad episode. It had some exploration and it peeked some interest in these possible aliens. Not the best ep of the series, but it had it's moments. Would give it a B or 8/10 for keeping interest and making it feel like old school SG with forested planets and exploration.
                              I don't like Universe atall so far but found this episode rather watchable

Characters

Scott just annoyed me in this episode, but won't get into that now, lol.
                              heard someone say his character a bit unanimated, n I agree

Plot

Always love exploration and finding out new planets and aliens and old civilliazations of aliens. It is what made Stargate, Stargate pretty much. I am sure this episode plot will be revisited later in the show, if not then this episode was pretty much a waste except for letting us know about TJ and the other characters.

yes; this one perhaps the most classic Stargate-ness Universe has or maybe will achieve; I really hope the writers don't decide to repeat their previous actions n not expand a very-interesting story arc

Final Score: B

Peace!
                              Originally posted by FoX-1028 View Post
                              Good episode. I didnt liked that they didnt explained absolutely NOTHING about the planet/star & the light coming out from the obelysk
                              yah woulda made great plot material

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              If aliens did indeed make this solar system, they're probably the power-fullest we've come across on all of stargate.
                              was thinkin just that--not even unascended Ancients could do that from what we might deduce

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              He even took Rush's suggestion about using gunpoint or force. Well he did not do it but he did threathen if the military folks did not return.

After seeing Rush in the preview for next week, I think people are going to start seeing him as a good guy and not this shadey person. If that happens, that will be amazing character development. It's like how I hated Mckay in the beginning but then ended up really liking his character towards the later seasons.
                              I wouldn't really so such a good guy; he did drag them into this mess in the first palce after all; bout time he started being a team player since it's the sensible thing to do.

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                              Them finding out about who made it or whatever wouldn't change the meaning of the episode. I never said they had to find out everything. Anyways I believe that an Ancient did it. Makes sense to me an Ancient was watching Icarus out of curiosity and went through with them.
                              would have to be an nonconformist ancient I think

[though. that's bugged me.
                              Not to mention the possible introduction of a race that surpasses even the Ancients in terms of advancement. This far out in the universe, anything's possible.
                              yup; technically we can' rule out the possibility thereare races mroe advanced than the unascended Ancients were

I would defiantly consider these aliens more advanced then the Ancients. The Ancients can't even come close to building a sun or planet.
                              they can terraform a preexisting planet, but we've never known them to be able to do this.

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                              We don't know if some aliens even built the planet. I think it was ascended beings.
                              even though most choose not to interfere, so must be nonconformist ancients to do somethin like this

A race that advanced. To build solar systems if that's how that solar system was created. Would likely be very enlightened. And possibly have no rivals. You can be advanced enough to hold your territories and not be aggressive.
                              nice counter-argument

I am betting the seeder ships are only a thousand or so years ahead of the Destiny. Unsure completely cuz they would need time to collect materials and plant gates. But something seems to have created a planet and a solar system and artificially progressed them. I just find it easier to believe powerful ascended beings could do it then a race.
                              even though interfering ascended beings prob very few?

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                              Granted, by the end of Atlantis the writers had basically turned the Ancients into buffoons, still I wasn't getting why the mystery aliens were supposed to be all that. Potentially interesting though.
                              no known corporeal race has achieved this so far, at least none have that we know of

Originally posted by The_Asgard_live View Post
                              Could be the ancients. To me this does not seem like a feat beyond what we know they could do. And the ascended ones could certainly create things from thin air (stargates and such). Also, the atmosphere was perfect for humans. The vegetation was suitable, tasty, and even medicinal, again, for humans. What are the odds (beyond plot necessity) that some alien race would evolve and create the perfect human compatible planet in that galaxy?
                              made-for-humans; interesting; though other humanoid races than ascended Ancient could've done it...Nox, Furlings
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
                                Paradise Lost anyone? I have not seen any mention of it so far, they are too similar to be accidental.
                                I can see that, though I wouldn't cast Young in the role of God. Plus your analogy sort of fails when you realise the supposed fallen angel figure of Rush actually stays on the ship. Unless you're saying TJ is the fallen angel? Though the speech that Young gives Rush about getting people don't like him much could be seen as the justification. *ponders Milton and goes away*

Comment

Working...
                                X