No announcement yet.

Dialing Destiny From A Ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure if i am the only one who noticed but when this was first said a few people at the table looked confused, i think that this may be the first inkling of a link between the lucian alliance, the ioa, and the corparation alliance that was shown in some episodes of sg1 and the episode where mckay's sister was infected by nanites by a chairman trying to save his daughter.

hence this ship may not be under earths or our true allies control

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
      we've seen Thor open a wormhole without the kawoosh
      We have? Cool!
      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
        We have? Cool!
        I'm not sure what episode it was, but I think it is 'Small Victories' where it happened. Thor came to Earth via the stargate as there were no Asgard ships available at the time, once through the SGC didn't dial the stargate Thor just waved his hand and the stargate opened like a clock hand moving.
        Last edited by malfunction; 10 November 2009, 09:34 AM.
        Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

I managed to find the clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKcZ...eature=related

The Nox could also do this, but it appeared they were doing it with their minds and not technology.

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
            I managed to find the clip on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKcZ...eature=related

The Nox could also do this, but it appeared they were doing it with their minds and not technology.
            It would stand to reason that two of the four members of the Alliance would have extremely advanced knowledge of how Stargates worked, especially since they were personally acquainted with the folks who built them.

With the Nox, I think they've reached a state of near-ascension, much in the same way McKay did in "Tao of Rodney." The Asgard use their tech to achieve the same results.
            sigpic

Comment

The Nox probably are on the verge of ascension, but their abilities seem far ahead of what the Ancients had while they were highly evolved. I wonder if they ascended would they be more powerful than ascended humans.

Comment

or maybe it was just tech?

i doubt the nox exist as the form we saw them in.

Comment

ok so icarus base was channeling the power of the core of the planet into the gate to create a connection, where does that sound familiar, oh wait the ancient drilling platform in "Submersion" [i think]. If the ancients built it in pegasus, logic dictates that there would be a design for it on atlantis, which is on earth as of the end of season 5.

i.e. Find schematic -> reverse engineer on some other work in Milky Way -> Send through supplies !!!.

Of course if they did that it would just be a Deus Exit Machina [I Win Button].
                  removing all the jeopardy from the show!

Comment

Working...
                  X