Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    So do I.
    Me too "Many Moons" (the first song she performed) is actually a very cool song, with very good lyrics as well
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

lets hope they never have her again. She is rubbish.

Comment

Good to know all the new music isn't (c)rap and hip hop.

I don't see why some people don't like her.

Maybe they listen to mainstream BS.

She has sicks moves btw.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post

She has sicks moves btw.
          Haha, yeah she does. One of the most recent comments on her YouTube video of "Many Moons" had this to say:

She does the Moonwalk, Chuck berry kick, James Brown slide,? a lot of her dance seems inspired by old motown idols.
          She's awesome

Also, I want to (once again) encourage people to listen to that song and check out the lyrics. They're actually quite intelligent, and I like when artists do that
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

She has sicks moves btw.
            Or maybe we just think her music sucks. You know, opinions and all that pesky nonsense.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Me too "Many Moons" (the first song she performed) is actually a very cool song, with very good lyrics as well
              I think I need to download it from Itunes or something.....
              sigpic

Comment

Ive ever heard of her before that episode, she did look familiar though. She seems very talented, I think I might check out more of her stuff.

Comment

Not my kind of music but it fits in nicely to the club scene of the episode.

And yes, I believe they choose a "unknown" artist, it has to be cheaper.

Comment

She reminds of the different style of Andre 3000. Not really my cup of tea, but after the episode I don't mind her Many Moons song.

Comment

I never heard of her before I read this thread, but apparently she's been nominated for a Grammy, so I wouldn't consider her an "unknown." It's probably not the type of music that would make it into my iTunes Library, but I can see the talent there. I didn't love her SGU performance, but honestly, the only thing I liked about that episode was Gen. O'Neill.

Back to her, I'm not a fan of the hair. It's kind of a shame, because she's kind of a hotty with a normal hairstyle.

sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        I never heard of her before I read this thread, but apparently she's been nominated for a Grammy, so I wouldn't consider her an "unknown." It's probably not the type of music that would make it into my iTunes Library, but I can see the talent there. I didn't love her SGU performance, but honestly, the only thing I liked about that episode was Gen. O'Neill.

Back to her, I'm not a fan of the hair. It's kind of a shame, because she's kind of a hotty with a normal hairstyle.

If you listen to her song many moons you will know why he hair looks like that.

Comment

If you listen to her song many moons you will know why he hair looks like that.
                          Yeah, just telling us would have been too easy
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

http://www.jmonae.com/bio.php
                            [edit]
                            StarGate Universe is on now. Janelle Monáe portal traveled from Metropolis to entertain. The revolution is televised on the SyFy channel.
                            http://twitter.com/JanelleMonae/status/5496094970

portal traveled... LOL!
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Nitegate View Post
                              her music was horrid and her hairdo was almost as bad

they could have gotten a better band
                              Funny, I thought she was great. I'm a big fan of someone being unique and thinking out of the box. She definitely does that.

Originally posted by Terra Atlantus View Post
                              Not my kind of music but it fits in nicely to the club scene of the episode.

And yes, I believe they choose a "unknown" artist, it has to be cheaper.
                              Considering she was nominated for a Grammy, I don't really think she is 'unknown'.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Not really my favorite part of the episode.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X