Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Rush is the smartest person on the ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjay View Post
    I really hate word-twiddling flame. And smileys don't cancel out flame.

English doesn't work that way: 'expertise' and 'experience' have totally different connotations. Get over yourself and let people use the language as it is used, not as pure logic would have it constructed.

If you really need an explanation: Great expertise often implies limited experience because one has 'experienced' the same narrow range of life over and over and missed out on everything else that was going on at the same time.
    Whoa. Relax.

You are calling me a flamer but you are doing it worse yourself.

Comment

If it were the d20 roleplaying system, he has a higher WIS score, whereas Eli has a higher INT score. He's close, though.

Scott and Chloe seem to have forgotten that CHA is a dump stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladius View Post
        If it were the d20 roleplaying system, he has a higher WIS score, whereas Eli has a higher INT score. He's close, though.

Scott and Chloe seem to have forgotten that CHA is a dump stat.
        Unless you want sex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
          Unless you want sex.
          In an RPG???
          If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
          Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
            Rush is more experienced than Eli. Remember, Eli solved the proof that Rush couldn't. When Eli gets his act together and applies himself to learn this math-stuff, he'll easily put Rush in his place.

Except when it comes to sneaky, two-faced, double-dealing, sheer backstabbery. Rush owns that
            Loved the last line! And it's the main reason why I like Rush so much! You described him very well.

I think that he is the smartest, not only because he's experienced and knows about the ancient technology, but also because he can play them all
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mythophile View Post
              Unless you want sex.
              Now, now, let's play D&D and not FATAL.

Comment

right now Rush has the technical data
                Eli, has the potential to surpass him. So far it's been Eli that has come up with anything helpful. In time he will be the goto person
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Smartest ,probably but definitely the happiness person onboard.
                  i think Rush is the only happy person onboard Destiny, he is the only one truely has the best intest of the Destiny .

Young 's priority is his crew ,but he always want to get himself and his crew home.He doesn't care about the ship esploring mission.

That is the problem , Col Young ,IOA and Telford doesn't trust Rush because he is too happy to stay onboard ,that they fear Rush will sabotage their attempt to return home, and becaue Earth probably will never let Rush return again.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                    i think Rush is the only happy person onboard Destiny, he is the only one truely has the best intest of the Destiny .

Young 's priority is his crew ,but he always want to get himself and his crew home.He doesn't care about the ship esploring mission.

That is the problem , Col Young ,IOA and Telford doesn't trust Rush because he is too happy to stay onboard ,that they fear Rush will sabotage their attempt to return home, and becaue Earth probably will never let Rush return again.
                    theres no reason why rush would return, you gonna shoot him if he doesn't step into the gate?
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                      You really think so? I think he's a deeply unhappy man.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                        You really think so? I think he's a deeply unhappy man.
                        Agreed, he seems very pessimistic which is reflected in his words about just about any plan. I think it's somewhat related to the fact that its his fault they are there. I don't think he regrets the decision to open the gate with the 9th chevron but I do think he regrets the after-effect of stranding everybody on a ship so close to falling apart. I think his comments about everybody's life being valuable were sincere so he feels a lot of responsibility for what they are going through and also feels the weight of being the only one who can solve their problems.

Not happy
                        If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                        Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                          right now Rush has the technical data
                          Eli, has the potential to surpass him. So far it's been Eli that has come up with anything helpful. In time he will be the goto person
                          Eli acts too much like a little kid to make any decisions. He is like a calculator

Ask one question... receive answer, but never able to answer a question by itself. You can't just leave your calc on your math homework and expect it to finish it for you. That is what Eli is like.

Don't you remember that part were he kept on whining "Omg you guyz are lieing!!!!!1!1!!" And everybody told him to STFU?

He just can't make any good decisions, that is what rush is for. He is the most logical person on the ship. You don't just learn logic.

And the only things Eli has done so far are 1. Make that floating platform out of kinos and 2. calculate the slingshot around the planet for the shuttle.

But it was rush that drove telford off, was able to find a way to fix the air filer (He knew what to do, he knew the stuff they needed was on the planet also), he also told the ship they needed water.. so it took them to the water planet, he was right about the fact they could not get home using the sun (comon we all know that. We learned from SG1 that wormholes cannot go through suns without serious problems. Even the newer ones messed up when they did. So what makes the IOA think that making a wormhole INSIDE a sun with an old ass stargate is a good idea?) and last but definitely not least *mega-speculation*
                          Spoiler:
                          He knew that the only way to get the stargate enough power to dial the 9th chevron was to start a chain reaction of naquida in the planet core. That is why he lured the alliance to the planet.
                          Last edited by koroush47; 08 November 2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                            ... last but definitely not least *MEGA SPOILER*
                            Spoiler:
                            He knew that the only way to get the stargate enough power to dial the 9th chevron was to start a chain reaction of naquida in the planet core. That is why he lured the alliance to the planet.
                            Um, mega-spoiler or mega-speculation?

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                              Um, mega-spoiler or mega-speculation?
                              No.. spoiler.

It's been confirmed by the writers.

just kidding fixed the text. (it is probably what really happened anyways)

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                                No.. spoiler.

It's been confirmed by the writers.

just kidding fixed the text. (it is probably what really happened anyways)
                                Cheeky! Green for making me go ... oh, that's such a good idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X