Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Jack said the plan was from
    Earth's Best mind
    Did Sam worked on the "plan", because Jack would be lying if Sam was not one of the people came up or worked on the " plan ".

Personally I think Rush would be more cooperating if he knew Sam recommanded it.

And did Jack cover for Telford's cut and run beheavior , it was perfectly within Telford's right to cut and run like a chicken with or without Jack's order.

But Telford's action speak for his character, how can General Jack tolerate someone like Telford under his command.

Jack use to make a lot of sound about Tok'ra ,about Tok'ra were not team player and self their own purpose.

Comment

It has passed five years since the last time RDA apeared at SG-1. In five years he got some kg more and also more 5 year old, and is a little different of the one we get used to see in SG-1. He is form 25/01/1950 and shold be about 60 years oldnow.He was 47 when SG- begun (1997).

He is different now, how he was different of McGiver, when started in SG-1.
      The time passes...and we get old...
      Stargate fan - city of Curitiba-Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        Jack seemed fine to me!
        I saw a few issues with our 3-Star General version of Jack O'Neill:
        • Between the 3 Star General SGU Version of JON and the Colonel JON somwhere along the line he lost his sense of doing the right thing, instead the SGU version does the bureaucratic thing...

• Since when is it believable that a 3-Star General has a cracker-jack (pardon the pun) sized box for an office? He would have at least a Military attache and a secretary...

• The real thing that I saw in the JON bit-part was a deep angst on the part of TPTB towards the continuation the Stargate Franchise. You saw it certainly in Atlantis Season 5 and partially in Season 4. If the TBTB don't want to commit to quality production they s/ commit to different writers.
        Ewnif

"...
        I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man. ..."
        Col. Jack O'Neill - Season 8 - New Order Part 2

Comment

I really enjoy Jack's role on SGU. He is a bit different but everyone changes over time and it shows growth on his part. I think he interacts well with Young and it's a good way to have RDA have quite a pivotal role on the show without having to make a large amount of appearances. Everytime I've seen him this season has been good, as well as the small cameos by DJ and Sam. SGU has a different tone to the other shows and I like it and hope Jack is used in this role a few times a season. I think he has more relevance here than he could've ever had on Atlantis.

Comment

O'Neill's problem truely is politics.

In the field, when you're in command, things are easier to decide as they only affect those in your command (usually a small team). When you're in charge of Home World Command (pfft) then you have to take other people goals into consideration as well unfortunately!

Never get promoted above Colonel

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

does anyone else miss the suicidal Jack that defeated Ra?
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

He's changed, that's for sure.

For the better? Don't think so- but he still retains parts of the old jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra847 View Post
                  He's changed, that's for sure.

For the better? Don't think so- but he still retains parts of the old jack.
                  changed?
                  not really

why?
                  because he's in command

i'm sure if you get him and daniel and murray in a room together, that you'll have the "old" jack back...
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                    What happend to Jack? When did he lose his backbone??
                    In this dimension Jack only has one L in his name.

Comment

Originally posted by codemann17 View Post
                      i love this show! (even if it is battlestar voyager 90210)
                      lol
                      General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

He is clearly emulating Hammond a lot and also playing young.

I hope we see some of SG1 together like their old selves even sam acted differently in Commander of the Hammond she said after minuets we are going as commander of a team she would never leave anyone behind but as commander of the ship her crew come first.

Command changes people i hope Shepard never gets promoted permenant though maybe an ark about him doing it and failing would be cool but he isnt made to be anything above his current rank maybee a 304 comander at a push.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebsg View Post
                          where did he back down in the episode?
                          In his 'catwowing on the plan to what the IOA wanted over the concerns of young and co. We have seen him stand up for what his men feel is right over what the uppers want time and time again. HECK young even called him on it.

Jack was right. The military is not a democracy.
                          THe Mil isn't. BUT there are a heck of a lot more civilians there than mil.

This plan was approved and Jack was told to make it happen by the President, though. He can't exactly just shrug that off.
                          They ignored the Pres before. The gate was shut down in Season 1, by Kinsey but with Pres approval. BUT jack and co ignored that to go through it.

I think Jack can sympathize with Young and understands that if they were in opposite positions, Jack would probably be doing the same. Jack was pretty insubordinate during his time as commander of SG-1.
                          Which to me is why he did not call Young on his insubordination. BUT i cannot understand why someone who was so willing to rock the boat when it was the right thing, got so willing to be the one telling you do to do X when it was not the right thing.

And honestly, would McKay consent to body swap? Ever? My thoughts were to him not wanting to, due to his experience with all kinds of tech that could go wrong: Ancient shields, time travel, alternate universes, an extra consciousness in his head...
                          Yup. Heck i do think he said after Duet, he would never want for something like that ever again.

you obviously do not comprehend what it means to be in command
                          While i know some can remain the same most do get changed by it. BUT i just hoped he would be one of those who would not have changed.

Personally I think Rush would be more cooperating if he knew Sam recommanded it.
                          Why do you say that> DO we know Rush likes or even recognizes her?

it was perfectly within Telford's right to cut and run like a chicken with or without Jack's order.
                          No it was not within his rights. As the senior officer, if you put into plan an operation that can cause all your underlings to die (which this could have) you don;t just up and walk away leaving them all in the lurch.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            The 'We've gone through the time I've allotted for this meeting' at the end was an incredible show of insubordination. O'Neill should have hauled him into his office and had more than a word.
                            It's hard to haul someone to your office when they're disconnected after X minutes from the other end and aren't there to be hauled around anymore.

Comment

He's looking much healthier now, RDA that is. I'm looking forward to his next appearance. So sad it's so far away.

Comment

Our Jack now is a Three Star General. He has lots and lots more responsibility than before. Also before he had Hammond to protect him against the NID wrath. When he was a Colonel and when he disobey orders, he know that if he failed any attempt, he would probably die and earth would be destroyed. Now disobeying an direct order from the president, he has no one to try and protect him, and he has now where to go. He will have to chose retirement or resign or if the IOA get really upset even imprisonment.
                                sigpic
                                - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Working...
                                X