No announcement yet.

Eli = Friendzoned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's in my league? What league? Show me a league and I'll buy a ticket, I'll go to the meetings and I will try and find those people. Where are they?

-Will Tippin
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Only someone in either the absolute top league or the absolute bottom would say something like that.

So the real question remains....which one are you? A glamour or a swamp monster?
      Well if you are going by just plain physical looks, which is how the “league” works then I am a 6, maybe a 7. Now if you are going by personality then I am an 8 or a 9.

Now attraction can be split into 3 sub groups: Physical, Physiological, and Emotional.

The “league” only focuses on the Physical, and if you are looking for just that type of relationship, as in meaningless sex, then the “league” is fine.

But when you are looking for a Physiological or Emotional relationship then the “league” is made irrelevant.

@SupremeLegate
      Apogee Institute
      Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
        Well if you are going by just plain physical looks, which is how the “league” works then I am a 6, maybe a 7. Now if you are going by personality then I am an 8 or a 9.

Now attraction can be split into 3 sub groups: Physical, Physiological, and Emotional.

The “league” only focuses on the Physical, and if you are looking for just that type of relationship, as in meaningless sex, then the “league” is fine.

But when you are looking for a Physiological or Emotional relationship then the “league” is made irrelevant.
        Not necessarily. If you're a 5 in personality, are you really going to match with a 9 in personality?

Leagues exist in all three of what you've said. it's a balance of all three that puts you in your "league".

I'll admit that most of the time when the word "league" is used it's purely physical, but i've seen very attractive women who couldn't keep up to my personality. That lowers their overall IMO and lessens the chance i'll want anything to do with them physically. But then again, i've seen conventionally not so attractive women match or even exceed my personality, yet because they're not physically on par with me, i don't feel attracted in any more than platonic relationship way.

Yes it sounds superficial, but tough, that's life. That's why god invented gyms and plastic surgeons.

Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and looks are NOT everything, but you need a certain chemistry and balance of all three of what you've mentioned to reach a point of critical mass where a true and healthy relationship can form.
        Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
        Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
        Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

Back to the original point about leagues and Eli and Chloe. Physically, they are not the same league so to speak but I honestly don't see them as different as everyone else. Probably because they're both actors and even if David Blue isn't cut, he certainly isn't ugly and is probably above average.

I'm with Deevil, she just isn't interested. But that's a whole different thing that has nothing to do with "leagues." And it also may have a lot more to do with her relationship with Scott than any sort of indictment on looks.

As for leagues in general, I'm skeptical since preferences are so subjective anyway. If we polled 5 different people, we'd get 5 very different responses on who rates as what.

Comment

The 'league' thing only applies to a very slight initial comparison of someone's compatability based on their looks alone. It sure is possible for people who may initially be out of one's league to then be compatible after they get to know each other, but that further analysis of relationships is so bloody boring that my fingers are actually going to sleep typing about it.

Accept the league thing for what it is. A way for us to quickly put people into groups based purely on looks, the same way we put people into groups for everything else on the planet.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Azzers View Post
              Back to the original point about leagues and Eli and Chloe. Physically, they are not the same league so to speak but I honestly don't see them as different as everyone else. Probably because they're both actors and even if David Blue isn't cut, he certainly isn't ugly and is probably above average.
              Yeah, I should have first asked "How Eli is not in Chloe's league."

I'm with Deevil, she just isn't interested. But that's a whole different thing that has nothing to do with "leagues." And it also may have a lot more to do with her relationship with Scott than any sort of indictment on looks.
              So if I am following you correctly she is not interested in Eli, at least partly, because she is with Scott. Well that would certainly put a dent in some people's Chloe = Slut argument, and that's good.

I still believe that there is something more than "Just Friend" between them, though I think it is unrealized, at least on Chloe’s part, and both of them will have to grow before it becomes realized.

As for leagues in general, I'm skeptical since preferences are so subjective anyway. If we polled 5 different people, we'd get 5 very different responses on who rates as what.
              I just don't like the idea that some numbers can determine what women I have a chance with.

@SupremeLegate
              Apogee Institute
              Council

Comment

various technical discussion of leagues
                And if you're the sort of person who goes into that level of detail about this, then sorry, you've got no hope at all!
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  And if you're the sort of person who goes into that level of detail about this, then sorry, you've got no hope at all!
                  haha...great call!! No point putting too much thought into the league theory. It is what it is.

Re the above from SupremeLegate as to 'Why isn't Eli in Chloe's league?' ..... Eli is a fat unemployed bloke. Chloe is a smoking hot senators daughter who has lips that sit nicely in third spot on the list of world's hottest lips behind Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox.
                  sigpic

Comment

Eli got Chlockblocked.

I don't care if that's entirely random to this thread right now; it had to be said.

Comment

haha...great call!! No point putting too much thought into the league theory. It is what it is.
                      I being an awkward software engineer exist squarely in negative territory as far as leagues go
                      Re the above from SupremeLegate as to 'Why isn't Eli in Chloe's league?' ..... Eli is a fat unemployed bloke. Chloe is a smoking hot senators daughter who has lips that sit nicely in third spot on the list of world's hottest lips behind Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox.
                      Let it never be said that you don't know how to compliment a girl

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Eli got Chlockblocked.

I don't care if that's entirely random to this thread right now; it had to be said.
                        Dude I can't give you green due to the bromance rule, but even if I could it still wouldn't justify how awesome that comment was.

I may have to send you 5 bucks in the mail.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        I being an awkward software engineer exist squarely in negative territory as far as leagues go Let it never be said that you don't know how to compliment a girl
                        Mate I am watching Beauty and the Geek at the moment...so I know that the only thing standing between you and Jennifer Hawkins is a haircut, some new threads and some dancing lessons. It would also help if you can juggle. If you can't juggle you may have to settle for Erin McNaught, who really wants to be Jen Hawkins but just isn't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Re the above from SupremeLegate as to 'Why isn't Eli in Chloe's league?' ..... Eli is a fat unemployed bloke.
                          So completely superficial reasons then, and thus is the reason I hate that the league exist.

@SupremeLegate
                          Apogee Institute
                          Council

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                            So completely superficial reasons then, and thus is the reason I hate that the league exist.
                            Yep you hit the nail on the head. Don't worry mate, I certainly am not sitting in some way high league scoffing at you lowly amateurs. We can all sit here together and scowl at the professionals sitting in their beautiful leagues
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not actually in a league because that would imply that there are other people in the league besides me.

Comment

We can all sit here together and scowl at the professionals sitting in their beautiful leagues
                                I'd rather nuke'em, lol.

@SupremeLegate
                                Apogee Institute
                                Council

Comment

Working...
                                X