Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telford's actions and speculation on the final scene possible spoilers for future ep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There used to be a time when I would come to GW to discuss science, mythology, folklore and history.

Now its who i shagging who and who will be shagging who in the next ep.

This is going to take some getting used too!!

The mods are going to have fun keeping the forums PG when the show is becoming increasingly Un-PG!!
    sigpic

Comment

telford is probably going to talk to emily to get her to convince Young to remove himself from command

Telford wants to be on that ship, and he seems to want it with a level of obsession that rivals Rush's.

there's no way he knows about TJ. and emily seems to already know about her, so that's likely a non-issue

either that or telford is wanting to get emily to go to the pentagon, tell Jack about Young's issues, to get her husband back...and somehow get telford in command. (now, how he's gonna get there to take charge, I have no idea)
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
        How do you mean. When I first saw "Earth" I assumed that Telford was going to Emily to have a sorta confessional conversation about what happened. It wasn't until later on this forum that I had the impression others thought his motivations were more nefarious. Maybe being faithfully married for 20 years and a short stint in the AF gives me a different take on people's motives but.... I tend to vie wTelford as a rather intense but honest person

so what aspect do you think is a red-herring
        Good question. I should have been clearer. The majority of the posts I've seen are assuming Telford is there for either some sort of revenge sex. That assumption is what I think is the red herring.

One things for sure is that the writers meant it to be provocative. I don't think they plan on telling us what happened for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
          Man that would just be too low, even for Telford!

Nothing is too low for Telford!
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by rexpop View Post
            If its BS then its official army BS. See AR-600-110 for the gory details.

Army policy is that if you test positive you are withdrawn from deployment and can only serve in the CONUS. You aren't discharged from the service but the duties can you can perform are limited and special forces are off limits to anybody who tests positive.

May be slightly different for other branches of service but I believe the policy is similar.
            Wow. Did not know the ARmy did that..
            Guess each branch has diff rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              telford is probably going to talk to emily to get her to convince Young to remove himself from command

Telford wants to be on that ship, and he seems to want it with a level of obsession that rivals Rush's.

there's no way he knows about TJ. and emily seems to already know about her, so that's likely a non-issue

either that or telford is wanting to get emily to go to the pentagon, tell Jack about Young's issues, to get her husband back...and somehow get telford in command. (now, how he's gonna get there to take charge, I have no idea)
              That sounds like Telford have no idea he would get there though.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

what is wrong with these people , i hope there is a perfectly logical reason for him showing up at her door, and i hope it is not for any of the other reasons y'all said !

i mean it is suppose to be a darker Stargate but this kind of stuff too, what is wrong with these characters !!
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I've had a rather disconcerting thought. If Telford is written as a villian who's goal it is to ruin Young's life, then he' be the only real antagonist on the show as of yet. Considering we've bad guys who tried to dominate entire galaxies, I'd say that it's pretty big step down for "the bad guy" in the show to be concerned with stuff like ruining one guy's marriage. That kind of strikes me as the type of villian that appears in a modern teen soap or something. That would make me think perhaps I'm not in the target audience for SGU at all.

And really, I think Telford would be much more interesting if he wasn't as simple as "Grrr. I'll show HIM by having sex with his wife!". I'd like to think that they will avoid the cliche of people that you don't get along with are also evil. Sometimes they've used it, sometimes they've avoided it. I find the latter makes or better storytelling more often.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I've had a rather disconcerting thought. If Telford is written as a villian who's goal it is to ruin Young's life, then he' be the only real antagonist on the show as of yet. Considering we've bad guys who tried to dominate entire galaxies, I'd say that it's pretty big step down for "the bad guy" in the show to be concerned with stuff like ruining one guy's marriage. That kind of strikes me as the type of villian that appears in a modern teen soap or something. That would make me think perhaps I'm not in the target audience for SGU at all.

And really, I think Telford would be much more interesting if he wasn't as simple as "Grrr. I'll show HIM by having sex with his wife!". I'd like to think that they will avoid the cliche of people that you don't get along with are also evil. Sometimes they've used it, sometimes they've avoided it. I find the latter makes or better storytelling more often.

i think the real villian is Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

but yeah i totally agree him sleeping with his wife for revenge it totally lame and messed , i hope that is not the writers angle there , cuz that is dumb
                    Last edited by MIZA; 10 November 2009, 10:36 PM.
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      i think the reall villan in Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

but yeah i totally agree him sleeping with his wife for revenge it totally lame and messed , i hope that is not the writers angle there , cuz that is dumb
                      Actually it fits the way the character has acted so far and I'm actually hoping that is the case just so I can see Greer kick his *** again.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                        i think the real villian is Dr. Rush he is really creepy you don't know what the heck he will do to any of these people and i am not quite sure what his motives are ??

While I expect Dr. Rush's shady unknown motives to ultimately cause a lot of problems in the course of the show during some time, he's thus far been far more helpful than not.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

tELFORD gOOD JERK OR BAD JERK ???? So far he has been a big jerk but he really wants to be on that ship. The Air force should have setup Lines that can't be crossed. Like <snip, try expressing yourself without crudity or profanity please> some one or giveing out classified information to family members.

I think the writers will destory that married.
                          The stones storyline are evil.
                          It just remines the crew of what they had to give up.

Comment

His first order of business was to override the orders of young and but Greer in confinement for a past offense. ....OF-COURSE-HE"S-A-JERK

Comment

What was Young thinking? He's not Telford's best friend and if he was that would be worse. There is just something mega unsavoury about making love to your wife in another guy's body. The whole body swapping thing is a moral/human rights smorgasbord. SGU continued to perpetuate a bunch of characters who act selfishly and without thought for others. Desperation and isolation can make you reach out for human warmth but so far it all feels very hollow and lacking in any emotional depth.

I think it would be much more interesting if Telford was actually shocked and disapproving at his drop into Young's sex life and asked Young's wife to not be party to using him like that in the future. The whole idea of the stones is badly regulated as a reality within this drama. Considering Daniel Jackson and Vala Mal Doran were in the bodies of people who they help get burnt to death, it would seem the lack of an ethical consideration of how the stones would be used is rather surprising. But then plot device is king in this fiction so anything is game. I am watching it in a similar fashion to the way I used to watch soap opera when I bothered to watch it, out of a morbid fascination to see how stupid it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnecite View Post
                                There is just something mega unsavoury about making love to your wife in another guy's body.
                                You've found that too?
                                I agree and I'm trying to give up the habit.
                                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                                X