Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would've done it in 5 minutes if there was a lemon within a one-hundred meter radius.

Comment

My initial point still stand. People claiming Eli calculating the data for a sling shot manoeuver in 30 seconds is so much more realistic are lying to themselves. Same as all the other "conveniences" I exposed in my initial post.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...8#post10814308
      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        My initial point still stand. People claiming Eli calculating the data for a sling shot manoeuver in 30 seconds is so much more realistic are lying to themselves. Same as all the other "conveniences" I exposed in my initial post.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...8#post10814308
        You're right, it's almost as unrealistic as... energy shields.

p.s. are you a law student??
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I don't understand how having space suits or going to planets with lime and water are too convenient.

The reason for the suits there is just as obvious as the reason for showers to be there. Because they would be there.

They didn't just happen to find a planet with lime. Destiny knew there were life support issues the whole time and plotted a course to a planet in its database it knew to have lime. Same thing for water.

It's not like they're wandering around just hoping they'll find something. The ship is doing what it knows it needs to do to keep its crew alive, provided that it is within the set peramaters laid out by whoever programmed it.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            Did anyone else have an '80's flashback?

Tootie lookalike

suse
            OMG! Brilliant! Maybe she's Tootie's daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              Okay, McKay would have done it in 25 while being fired upon by Wraith.
              Okay, Season 5 McKay would have done it in 30 while being fired upon by pansy Wraith (De-wraithified by 5 years of weakened writing).
              sigpic
              Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Season 1 McKay would have passed out from manly hunger and then solved it in his sleep.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

1. I'm surprised people have such a big issue with the bodyswap sex(or even boozing in someone else's body). If Telford and the others didn't think that this was a possibility then they are morons. A better point to make is that Young's wife was so comfortable with it - maybe there's previous history there, who knows.

If there isn't previous history. Telford's well out of order.

2. Jack, not sure why he was backing the IOA on this one but I do think he had some sympathy for Young's situation.

3. Rush, I just think knew the plan was bad news and was more than happy to sabotage it. One of his better moments.

4. Ely/Chloe...meh.

Overall...very damn good!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                    I don't understand how having space suits or going to planets with lime and water are too convenient.

The reason for the suits there is just as obvious as the reason for showers to be there. Because they would be there.

They didn't just happen to find a planet with lime. Destiny knew there were life support issues the whole time and plotted a course to a planet in its database it knew to have lime. Same thing for water.

It's not like they're wandering around just hoping they'll find something. The ship is doing what it knows it needs to do to keep its crew alive, provided that it is within the set peramaters laid out by whoever programmed it.
                    Exactly. Completely agree. My guess is someone very smart programmed Destiny. My first thought was Janus but if my math is right he wouldn't have been born yet.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                      Season 1 McKay would have passed out from manly hunger and then solved it in his sleep.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                        The problem is the crew is nothing but a bunch of intruders which doesn't even have the code to activate the control. Nobody would program a ship to do such thing. Probably the contrary would happen. A big siren would be heard while all doors would close and lock and most of the ship would be inaccessible.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                          The problem is the crew is nothing but a bunch of intruders which doesn't even have the code to activate the control. Nobody would program a ship to do such thing. Probably the contrary would happen. A big siren would be heard while all doors would close and lock and most of the ship would be inaccessible.
                          Isn't most of it already inaccessible? I recall a figure of 20% being bandied about.

Comment

Did anyone notice that the Destiny's weapons platform is anti-fighter based?

Comment

Not really, as they could be used for any type of ship, regardless of its type. But there may be some more big ship friendly weapons they just didn't use, as the ammo source for them maybe finite.

Comment

Realistically, those guns might be all you need. One well placed shot could make somebody's Monday morning alot less pleasant.

Comment

Working...
                                X