This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akuma07 View Post
    I always enjoyed the SG1 and SGA earth based shows, but importantly both shows established themselves BEFORE dropping in the closer to home stuff.

There is way too much sex, kissing and touch feely crap going on, and not nearly enough exploring of the Destiny and all the wonders it holds.

I'd say 75% of Earth was set on earth, and if I wanted to watch drunken people snogging and people sleeping with other peoples wives I'd watch The Hills, I really would!
    I disagree. They spend a lot of time exploring the ship and this episodes name was Earth so it is obvious why a lot of it was on Earth and IMHO it worked and was a great ep. As for the sex so far they have handled it well so no objections.....yet.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ttsec View Post
      So if the next episode is name "Cloe" would it justify putting 20 sex scenes in there?
      20 naked Chloe scenes?!!! YES PLEASE!!!! (j/k sorta I am a guy after all)

Comment

Isn't this all rather indicative of the growing feeling amongst stargate fans, that this series just hasn't been very good so far?

Theres still room and time for it to grow, but lets be honest, its been very sub-par so far. Why else are we finding so many things to complain about?!
        Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
        Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
          Isn't this all rather indicative of the growing feeling amongst stargate fans, that this series just hasn't been very good so far?
          Actually just the opposite. From what I've seen the majority likes it.

Theres still room and time for it to grow, but lets be honest, its been very sub-par so far. Why else are we finding so many things to complain about?!
          Only some complain most seem to like it me included.

Comment

Complaining that a character driven show revolves far too much around the characters is like complaining that cats are far too feline, or maces are far too violent. What were you expecting?

Comment

Sure people like it, because we as fans like stargate in general, so we are happy to see new episodes no matter what they're like.

Its the same as how all the episodes, in sg-1, atlantis, and universe, score a huge majority of 10/10 on the ratings, never mind how bad they might be.

We love it, and we want it to be good so much, that we overlook the flaws.
              Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                Complaining that a character driven show revolves far too much around the characters is like complaining that cats are far too feline, or maces are far too violent. What were you expecting?
                I think people didn't know what to expect which is funny since they told us all about what the show was about.

Comment

Yes i think the show has been true to expectations so far, as my expectations were not too high in the first place!

Comment

Yes i think the show has been true to expectations so far, as my expectations were not too high in the first place!
                    Mine were 50/50 but I was highly optimistic and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Mine were 50/50 but I was highly optimistic and so far it has exceeded my expectations.
                      In what way?

Comment

In what way?
                        I was a bit concerned on how they would keep the pace going and how well the characters would interact and so far we have had excellent acting, great stories and great pacing as well.

Comment

I was a bit concerned on how they would keep the pace going and how well the characters would interact and so far we have had excellent acting, great stories and great pacing as well.
                          I would certainly agree with you on the first, the acting has been excellent, as for stories and pacing i dont know.

Also if rush as portrayed by carlyle wasn't in this show, I (at the moment) would not watch. As opposed to sg-1, atlantis, which could have episodes without carter or mckay and still be good.

Comment

It was an interesting episode. I'm not sure why it's called Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              It was an interesting episode. I'm not sure why it's called Earth.
                              Where is 75% of the episode located?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually just the opposite. From what I've seen the majority likes it.
                                I didn't expect to but I do, despite sometimes my own better judgement. The percentage of liking is pretty much 99.9% Robert Carlyle, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X