This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarFighter View Post
    I hated how they glossed right over any details on how the plan would work. All they said was that it would be powered by the sun.
    They drained the ship's power to get it to recharge and then tried to dial the gate while it was drawing the extra power they needed from the star.

Hope that cleared things up for you
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The band at the club was TERRIBLE. Just really crappy.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
        I was not looking forward to this epsiode, however in the end I found it really enjoyable.

There was allot of small touches that I really liked.

- Seeing the Destiny's Weapons
        - Having some of the moral implications of being in another persons body shown
        - Jack O'Neill
        - The FTL Temporary stone switching was very amusing, especially Telfords reaction after coming back from having sex with Youngs wife and Eli's "This is ridiculous" *switch* scene.
        - The Eli and Drunk Chloe double act was very amusing. Eli "I think we should take you home", Chloe "Could you take me home?"
        - Rush being even more shifty
        - Telford at the end

However I do have a few nitpicks, such as how easy it was to drain the Destiny's power, what time frame was we looking at there, less than a day?

But overall a good fun episode.
        I’d second that, like you this ep was not one I was not looking forward to. However lots of nice little touches (loved the Philip fry moment) and the fact that the plot is moving along made this enjoyable. A good solid 8/10 episode and I am so hyped up for Time after seeing that trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          Yeah it's funny how perspective differs when you actually see something as opposed to just freaking out over something somebody told you they heard about from a site that supposedly has some information...
          The big issue with that stemmed from Wray's sexuality. All the lesbian blogs went crazy because it's apparently rape if you use a lesbian's body, but it's okay if the character is straight...
          And, of course, there was the problem with a quadriplegic being described as "physically useless" or something like that. Maybe I'm just an ass myself, but...COME ON! How else would you put it? They may be the smartest person on Earth, but if they can't use their body, they're physically useless! Or a paper weight at best...

Man, I am so going to hell for that last one...

Comment

I've not had an opportunity to re-watch the episode, but I've drawn from it the following conclusions:

1. Telford is a <snip>.
            His general demeanor and especially his treatment of Greer make me hate him. When I saw the final scene and he was at What'sHerFace's house, I didn't think that he was diseased (although it's possible his ethics rotted away long ago), I just thought that he was there to take advantage of the situation created by the glitch.

2. O'Neill is well on the way to being a d-bag.
            Basically, I hated that he was so enthusiastic about this idea. An idea that had no way to be practically tested and could result in the destruction of Destiny. Sure it's a dangerous place to be, but hastening people's deaths doesn't do them any favors. You can order someone one to do something while still telling them that you're not sure. He seemed to embrace the idea.

3. Wray is untrustworthy
            Seeming to go along with the idea and encourage it because it could increase her standing with the IOA, an organization made up of d-bags.

3. Chloe is evil.
            Self-explanatory, but: whenever Scott isn't around and Eli is, she's runs to him, sober or not, with the huggy-huggy and the kissy-kissy. She's completely oblivious to his feelings.

4. Rush is still untrustworthy.
            Did he allow the experiment to fail on its own or did he set it up to fail? Was the (controlled?) overload part of his plan or was it spontaneous?

Don't tell me that I'm wrong, tell me HOW I'm wrong.

kthxbai

*Can I say, "d-bag"? If not, message me when it's edited and I'll try to think of something else. I won't be back online until tomorrow afternoon, though.
            Last edited by Skydiver; 07 November 2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              3. Chloe is evil.
              Self-explanatory, but: whenever Scott isn't around and Eli is, she's runs to him, sober or not, with the huggy-huggy and the kissy-kissy. She's completely oblivious to his feelings.
              The kissing was all in Eli's imagination...
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                He seems to tolerate insubordonation and being disrespected nowadays. I really hated how he took Young's last debriefing - "this is the alloted time I had for the debriefing" - I can't imagine Jack being so disrespectful to Hammond...
                Are you kidding? Jack told hammond to "Bite me" in front of the russian delegate! Rose tinted much?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  The big issue with that stemmed from Wray's sexuality. All the lesbian blogs went crazy because it's apparently rape if you use a lesbian's body, but it's okay if the character is straight...
                  And, of course, there was the problem with a quadriplegic being described as "physically useless" or something like that. Maybe I'm just an ass myself, but...COME ON! How else would you put it? They may be the smartest person on Earth, but if they can't use their body, they're physically useless! Or a paper weight at best...

Man, I am so going to hell for that last one...
                  ah, don't worry, hell is nice this time of year. ^_^

Yeah i saw some of those blogs. The go all defensive for the slightest thing. Jeez, its a sci fi story, no need to go militant over the slightest thing.

The keep forgetting that the other group used the other bodies too.

Comment

That was great. I haven't been a fan of the earth based stories so far so but this episode proved that they really can work. I really liked the scene between chloe and eli in the car. "Just once i'd like to go out with a girl and not have it end with her crying" was a great line. Rush sabotaging the plan was fairly predictable but it was great to see Telford cut and run. The ending with Telford was interesting and shows again that SGU is willing to go places that previous Stargate series would not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      3. Chloe is evil.
                      Not really sure how "oblivious" => "evil"...

Comment

Eli makes me want to kill myself.
                        Chloe is hot no matter what body she's in
                        telford gave young's wife a big "o"
                        and "all my stargates" suck.....

That's all

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post

That's all
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

That singer in the night club was really over the top. I didn't understand this scene at all. It was almost like the episode was too short, and the writers had to come up with something to fill in.

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post

That's all
                              Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 07 November 2009, 07:50 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                Are you kidding? Jack told hammond to "Bite me" in front of the russian delegate! Rose tinted much?
                                He told the russian delegate "bite me" not to Hammond, big diff!

Comment

Working...
                                X