No announcement yet.

TJ ordering the gun put down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TJ knew Young would come with a rescue mission. a vital part of it, was, infact the civvies believing that they were winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Oh, I didn't mean it literally. But compared to the rest of the military, TJ has a very civilian mindset compared to the rest of the military. TJ isn't one for violence.
      What would you know about the military mindset?

TJ's actions and mindset were not unusual in any way. It's good military thinking when you have a single pistol with 15 rounds not to try and take on 60 people. When a bunch of them tell you to put the weapon down, better to do so than risk the mob if you end up killing two or three for no good result.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        What would you know about the military mindset?

TJ's actions and mindset were not unusual in any way. It's good military thinking when you have a single pistol with 15 rounds not to try and take on 60 people. When a bunch of them tell you to put the weapon down, better to do so than risk the mob if you end up killing two or three for no good result.
        Especially when people like Park and Wray clearly show no sign of fear towards you. They seemed very much in control, 'cause they believed so.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          Especially when people like Park and Wray clearly show no sign of fear towards you. They seemed very much in control, 'cause they believed so.
          Yup clearly TJ made a decision, that based on the mood of the civilians, shooting several of them with a limited supply of ammo would not have the best consequences for herself and the Marine...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
            Yup clearly TJ made a decision, that based on the mood of the civilians, shooting several of them with a limited supply of ammo would not have the best consequences for herself and the Marine...
            Indeed. I like TJ, at least she seems to be a better leader than Young.

Comment

I thought TJ did a good job assessing the situation and coming up with a reasonable response - no good was going to come out of that situation unless the Marine put down the weapon. She is calm is rough situations - I keep thinking that we need more of her (and so much less of Young, Wray, and Rush - although I love them!).
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

no she's not. but she could be a very useful rational mind for when Young doesn't have one

Comment

That scene just just... awful. Really, really awful. He puts the gun down, gives it to his unarmed civilian enemies, as opposed to simply holstering the weapon. TJ telling him not to shoot makes sense, but him putting it down literally is absurd, no argument possible.
                  Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    no she's not. but she could be a very useful rational mind for when Young doesn't have one
                    She's not a better leader than Young? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
                      That scene just just... awful. Really, really awful. He puts the gun down, gives it to his unarmed civilian enemies, as opposed to simply holstering the weapon. TJ telling him not to shoot makes sense, but him putting it down literally is absurd, no argument possible.
                      So he holsters it? Then what? You don't think, they'd have let him keep it, do you?

Comment

They cant really afford to loose any bodies they have either. I mean they are just teetering above a sustainable breeding population as it is right now. Unless you want the next couple of generations to die of cancer by 30 theres gonna be some specific 3 some or 4 some breeding pairs.

Comment

So he holsters it? Then what? You don't think, they'd have let him keep it, do you?
                          Why not? They wouldn't have been able to take it from him without risking someone being shot. I think that if she showed that he was not going to shoot them and cooperate, they would not have pursued trying to take the gun. It would not have been worth it. On the other hand that is just speculation on my part. As people have previously mentioned, he could have pocketed the ammo and relinquished the weapon. That way neither of them would be able to use it. The way it did go down was highly implausible. I can't see anyone with a sound mind denying that.
                          Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

She's not a better leader than Young? Why?
                            You put TJ in a complicated situation and ... well ... she's a medic a young one ! she can handle some situations but he has no experience in the battlefield ...

give a weapon loaded to a terrified civilian isn't the best option ... he should keep it .. it's a marine and i believe that he's trained to stand against difficult situations.
                            Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

You realize that if he pockets the ammo, they could just take it OUT of his pockets right? There was no choice in that situation BUT for him to hand over the sidearm.

Plus, they weren't going to let a marine walk around with a weapon when they're mutineering AGAINST the military.
                              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

yeap but as someone said before he could disassemble it or negotiate this ( like : if you don't let me dissemble it i shoot you !!!)
                                Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Working...
                                X