No announcement yet.

Some of the Military Shocked me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, she didn't. I think that one was one of the ones that got laid out in the hallway by Greer. I watched the episode twice to make sure I caught that detail, among others. He just didn't obey fast enough for her. Had his hands in the air and everything, I believe.

Comment

The military people were just following orders. I dont blame James for what she did because she is a soldier (airwoman?) and thats what they do. Like TJ said its one occasion where thats pretty close to what they trained for

Comment

I blame her because her superior officer ordered her, right before they went into the room, not to go overboard on the civvies. "We have to live with these people tomorrow," does not mean "So bash their noses in. They'll think it's hilarious and we can all laugh about it tomorrow morning."

Comment

The military came out as a bunch of savages with guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
            The military came out as a bunch of savages with guns.
            I am inclined to agree, at least partially. Especially telling was how Young handled the civilians at the end. He could have used that moment to directly acknowledge their concerns and promise (for all of them to hear) that he would work with them to make life aboard the ship a bit better. Instead, he just sent them to their rooms (quite literally).

It really just reaffirmed the civilians position, though he did at least agree with Wray (in passing) that they would need to try and work something out...so I guess that's something.
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
              Wow Greer is some guy who thinks he is all that.

So because some civilian is a thorn in the military side....that makes it ok to ditch him on a planet to die? That's Greer's thinking, with Rush. Greer's sense of right or wrong is twisted. I expected more from an American soldier.

Also that Female marine (forget her name) walks into the room and beats up a civilian, even though the civilian posed no threat to her or the military. He wasn't even attacking.

The civilians did have some good points there.
              Greer has problems, but Chloe once said she wanted Rush dead, other have hinted that it would be better if he was dead. So he isn't alone in that thought.

Lt. James attacking you have a point.

And yes, the military is taking things too far. But the citizens acted incorrectly. This was wrong timing, this was the wrong way to do things. I don't know what was right, maybe there was no right way, but now things will be worse.

Comment

I disagree that things will be worse for Rush and Wray's civilian uprising. I mean, yes, initially, it'll be rough going. But now all the animosity that's been building over the first eleven episodes has put all the concerns out in the open. Eventually, I think that the ship will be able to iron out some of the problems and the crew will move forward together, rather than as two opposite camps.
                I won't ever agree that people who fight back against authority are necessarily wrong. The plan would have probably worked a lot better if Rush hadn't shown compassion at the worst time for him to start doing so. The fact that he compromised everything, and that Wray too was willing to do that, showed that they genuinely don't mean harm. Both probably at least feared that, if Young took back the ship, they'd be airlocked, or at least locked up.
                Voicing their concerns would have been the way to go, but you can't blame them for assuming that they wouldn't be listened to. After all, every complaint they've made up until now has been answered with Greer shoving a gun in their faces. Or kicking them down a sand dune. Or stepping up on them threateningly. The list goes on and on. Young knew there was a problem and answered with brute force and intimidation. I don't think the civvies really had a better option, at the end of the day. Being on Destiny is miserable enough. Being there with a bunch of trigger happy soldiers and a military dictator who tosses folks off the ship when he loses his temper was likely unbearable.

Comment

Ya you could say the military was shocking. They let untrained, power hungry, whining civilians take control of the ship and put all their lives in jeopardy. I wish Greer gave each of them the butt end of his rifle.

I mean what type of tool thinks a civilian should lead the expedition like a government, when it's a military operation to begin with.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
                    Wow Greer is some guy who thinks he is all that.
                    That's because he is.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Greer and James smacking people around was more for shock factor more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they had orders not to shoot anyone from Young and that smacking a couple of people was used for a shock and awe effect to keep everyone else from getting any ideas about acting up. Granted, it might have been more than was necessary, but it could very well have prevented injury to more people.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                        I mean what type of tool thinks a civilian should lead the expedition like a government, when it's a military operation to begin with.
                        And the episode before there was an Alien attack on the ship. Making it a military operation more than ever.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                          Um ship with mutineers is never good. Killing them all was one option of many.
                          Should have cut the whole mutiny off at its head by putting a bullet into Wray's brain, in front of the other civilians. Would have removed the main instigator of the mutiny and would have scared the rest of the civilians into line.

Comment

fortunately the
                            Spoiler:
                            lucian alliance
                            will do things better
                            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Your suggestion is just dandy. In fact, shoot 'em all. After all, they have Eli on their side. He's totally going to be able to make up for the loss of the ship's expert on ancient technology, along with every other scientist on the ship.
                              Frankly, I'd be very afraid for Young if he'd executed Wray. Rush hasn't been pushed far enough to make attempts on Young's life yet, but if he wanted to, I'm sure he'd at least cause a real problem rather than his latest, ineffecutal, peaceful attempts.

In all seriousness, I don't want to watch a show where the main focus is the civilians getting their brains blown out by the military. Both factions have to work together. To do that, they both have to listen. I think Young is listening now.
                              Last edited by Daro; 09 April 2010, 11:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Oh I dont know, I think its a great way to emphasise your point, namely that your in control of the vessel and will not tollerate attempts to subvert your authourity. Wray would have been the ideal candidate to stand trial for mutiny and then be sumarily executed, come on, its not like she has any value as a member of the crew, she's not a scientist, she's not military, she's not even breeding stock. She's a liability that should be dealt with. BANG! Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X