Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else think Chloe was fantastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janus4ever View Post
    It is obvious now Chloe is an well-educated modern person altough her bf is a soldier.

Eli disappointed me... He is a coward.
    I can't believe he didn't tell Rush about Young's incursion plan when Rush was going to boost the shields - it was just dumb luck that the guy didn't get left outside the ship. Very disappointed in Eli.
    sigpic

Comment

She looked a couple months pregnant in the beginning when she was talking with Rush at the table. If sleeping with captain america every night doesn't knock you up, then she's definitely fantastic.

Comment

I thought that too! But then I was like "Surely not. Please tell me that is not what's happening here."
        I would hate it because it would create a very cliche'd plot device to use, and it'd force Chloe into being a protective mom for the rest of the series. On the other hand, the reason that device is chliche is because it does provide all kinds of emotionally charged motivations on the part of the parents, and other people on the ship.
        And I'd be really surprised, honestly, if she didn't end up pregnant eventually. I doubt a family-sized box of Trojans were in those supply kits. There should be some real...consequence (though that's not the right word, because I wouldn't want to say that babies are punishment for having sex) for all this sexual activity aboard the ship. I don't have a problem with it, as long as they keep it real and don't focus on it constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
          I can't believe he didn't tell Rush about Young's incursion plan when Rush was going to boost the shields - it was just dumb luck that the guy didn't get left outside the ship. Very disappointed in Eli.
          I like Eli. Alot. He's probably my favorite character next to Rush. But in the past three episodes, I've felt the same way. He has no ability to stand up and say 'No' when he knows he should. He knows it's wrong to spy on the crew, and still he does it. He knew, on some level or another, that Young left Rush to die. He does what's convenient, what he has to do, and tries to do as little else as possible.
          I dislike too how naive he is. While I don't necessarily think he shouldn't have told Young about the implant in Rush, it didn't occur to him that Young might actually kill Rush. Nor did it occur to him that the military might cut off the air to the rebels. And then there's the whole thing in 'Water.' His morality is tied up in 'telling the truth' more than anything else. He needs to grow up, man up, and start doing what he knows is right.

Comment

Fantastic? Ehh...that's pushing it. But she was good. I actually would have liked it more if she WAS distracting Eli on purpose. But she was good. And that opening sequence might just be my favorite in almost 15 years of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker
              <mod snip>
              You know, you could at least try to be respectful. You can disagree with someone's opinion, but no need to call anyone crazy. How do you want us take your opinion seriously like this? *shakes head disappointed*

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              Eli turned out to be a better bluff than I thought. I thought it was pretty good the way he was stalling.

However, I don't understand this loyalty to Young either, but I'll comment on that later on.

Originally posted by pipi View Post
              She looked a couple months pregnant in the beginning when she was talking with Rush at the table. If sleeping with captain america every night doesn't knock you up, then she's definitely fantastic.
              It's not because they are in the same bed that they are having sex. Also, there's such a thing as birth control. There a lots of ways that Chloe could avoid getting pregnant.

FYI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_control

Also, you could try to be respectful towards Scott, and just say, "Matt", "Scott", "Lt. Scott" etc. "Captain America" stereotype isn't what you want to call him.

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              I like Eli. Alot. He's probably my favorite character next to Rush. But in the past three episodes, I've felt the same way. He has no ability to stand up and say 'No' when he knows he should. He knows it's wrong to spy on the crew, and still he does it. He knew, on some level or another, that Young left Rush to die. He does what's convenient, what he has to do, and tries to do as little else as possible.
              I dislike too how naive he is. While I don't necessarily think he shouldn't have told Young about the implant in Rush, it didn't occur to him that Young might actually kill Rush. Nor did it occur to him that the military might cut off the air to the rebels. And then there's the whole thing in 'Water.' His morality is tied up in 'telling the truth' more than anything else. He needs to grow up, man up, and start doing what he knows is right.
              I agree with what you've said, but I think what you've described is the character of Eli. It is Eli. No one's perfect, and certainly not Eli. I find it interesting to have such character, certainly over the stereotypes of characters we had in previous stargate shows. I dislike it, too, but I don't think it's necessarily bad portrayal by David Blue, on the contrary, or a mistake of TPTB, script writers, or producers. I am not sure, if you're saying it is, or if you're just saying that you dislike his behavior.

I agree that we dislike his behavior, but as I said, I find an interesting aspect of the show.
              Last edited by Skydiver; 10 April 2010, 09:00 AM.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                Also, there's such a thing as birth control. There a lots of ways that Chloe could avoid getting pregnant.
                Unless one of those birth control methods involves some type of alien plants, ya gotta wonder. I mean, just how many condoms did they have with them? And even if she was on the pill...When she went to Icarus, she was expecting to be back in a matter of days, weeks at the most. So, again...You have to wonder if they're not running low on that kind of stuff, especially with Park being such an avid reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                  I really, I mean really enjoyed Chloe in this episode than I did in the past few episodes. I really liked the dream sequence in the beginning, and her interaction with Rush. Plus she did something useful to all those complainers out there. She volunteered to swap bodies with a real doctor to remove the implant device!
                  She was good, but fantastic? Not sure I would go that far. Rush, Eli, and Young were fantastic, imo.

Even TJ was fantastic for pulling out the device from Rush.
                  sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else think Chloe was fantastic?
                    in a word, yes.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

The character of Chloe definitely become more interesting through this episode. Personally, I don't like what she did and how she did that, but I think it's pretty clear that the writers for SGU will continue to develop this potential rift between her and Scott, and more interestingly, between her and Eli due to the events of this episode.
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                        Unless one of those birth control methods involves some type of alien plants, ya gotta wonder. I mean, just how many condoms did they have with them? And even if she was on the pill...When she went to Icarus, she was expecting to be back in a matter of days, weeks at the most. So, again...You have to wonder if they're not running low on that kind of stuff, especially with Park being such an avid reader.
                        There are other much used birth control methods except condoms and the pill. Also, I don't think they'd have sex if not protected. Chloe seems to hold close to principals, and this seems one of them. And I'm sure Matt doesn't want another child does he? He already has one. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much of the characters.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

There are other much used birth control methods except condoms and the pill. Also, I don't think they'd have sex if not protected. Chloe seems to hold close to principals, and this seems one of them. And I'm sure Matt doesn't want another child does he? He already has one. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much of the characters.
                          I think you're expecting too much. Scott has already shown that he can't hold himself back, and Chloe did approach him. A pregnancy is inevitable, unless she can't have kids, or the aliens did something to her. As for her being pregnant already, well, a woman can know within a couple of weeks whether she is pregnant or not, without any kit. It all depends on how well they know their own body and how attentive they are to signs.

Still, this is an interesting turn for Chloe. On one hand, she manipulated Eli, a sweet guy who trusted her and was still there for her despite her picking Scott. On the other hand, she took a decision that put her at odds with Scott. Whether it was because she was finally growing as a character on her own, or whether she figured she could just soothe everything over with Scott with sex later, is unknown. If they are back together after this, I'll know which one it is. But I'll echo the thoughts spoken by others, that she needs to get away from Scott to grow as her own character. Right now, she's just fulfilling the role of sexy woman in a sexy relationship. I wonder if the producers forced this aspect to get more viewers and ratings?

Lastly, Scott is Captain America. It's a throwback to the idea that, when given a choice, a shallower woman will pick muscles and strength over intelligence in their men. It's part of why I feel SGU is so realistic; Chloe, a young and attractive woman, made the choice the vast majority of women make in their younger years: went with the muscle guy instead of the brains guy. And then we wonder why people are getting dumber and dumber as time goes on...

Comment

There are other much used birth control methods except condoms and the pill. Also, I don't think they'd have sex if not protected.
                            I think they must use the calendar.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              I think they must use the calendar.
                              *whispers* papercuts!
                              apologies go out, I couldn't help it :b
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

i think Chloe at least didn't jeopardise the crew, and she helped a bit. so there's much to do but it's better from where we started

Comment

Working...
                                X