Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Episode! I missed the first bit But I'll catch it later on.....

Forgot it was time for a new ep...always happens.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      Military or not Young is doing nothing but showing why he should not be in charge. If that ship did not know to recharge by itself it would have exploded soon after they boarded or something like that. Military or not NONE of the military of the civilians are fit to lead these people especially Young
      young's been a very fair leader IMO he's only lost control once and that was in justice. and young also admitted he regretted it. has everything young's done been perfect no. but find me something that HAS gone right for these people??
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Military or not Young is doing nothing but showing why he should not be in charge. If that ship did not know to recharge by itself it would have exploded soon after they boarded or something like that. Military or not NONE of the military of the civilians are fit to lead these people especially Young
        Most of which is not Young's fault. He can't be held responsible for the ship breaking down when they got there
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          rush framed young for murder. would you just look the other way if you were in young's shoes.>?
          Young left Rush to die & lied about it. Young has no problems leaving Rush to die a second time & Chloe without even trying anything. Two alien attacks & the decisions Young was making would have resulted in the Aliens taking over the Destiny & killing most & taking some prisoner for info & not to mention if say Young's personal problems with TJ & his wife & LDP got out Young is not much of a leader. Sure Rush did a ****ty thing but Young has done far worse stuff that would have resulted in lots of deaths as well. Both Young & Rush suck equally in their own ways

Comment

rush framed young for murder. would you just look the other way if you were in young's shoes.>?
            I wouldn't look the other way, but I wouldn't have left him, I just would have locked him up the way Telford did to Greer.

Comment

Did I miss something?

When Chloe used one of the stones to get a doctor to remove the tracking device from Rush, I'm wondering why it worked. The alien vessels were again in close proximity to the Destiny, and when Young attempted to use one last week to communicate with earth, he was transported to one of the alien ships, and it was assumed that happened because the two ships were in such close proximity.

So why didn't Chloe wind up on one of the alien ships instead of making it back to earth to get a doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
                Very foolish move on the civilian front. They need decisive leadership, Young has proven that. Wray proved once again that she doesn't need to be in command any one who cares more about power then peoples lives should not lead. Now Rush is difficult he had very important knowledge and until Eli is up to speed, they need him but can not trust him. Young does have an anger problem, he is aware up it so he may keep it in check, but still an issue, the situation is interesting.
                Young has basically betrayed a leadership role by stranding Rush on the planet and lying about it> however, Rush is no better, framing Young for a murder. I really wouldn't trust either of them. And anger management problems are not good for someone who carries a gun....

Comment

I didn't find this episode particularly satisfying. It's not that it didn't have high points or tension, it did, but I felt it was a mixed bag. I actually have to disagree with the first post in that i enjoyed the BSG mutiny ark (well the equivalent episode would have been "The Oath") much more than this. On the upside I'm sure they'll come back to the events that took place here, and I'm hopeful what comes later will be more interesting and fulfilling.

If I had to pick one thing that just didn't work for me was the "reset-button-esque" ending, where everyone just sort of accepted the fait accompli without even the slightest bit of irritation. And the "I guess we'll have to find a way to work together" bit from Wray was really off-putting, especially considering the whole thing had just ended. Where's the acrimony? Where's the rage? Where's the disaffection? Did everyone just forget about it? Were the civvies just not interested in the whole thing? Maybe I missed something, I'll still give SGU the benefit of the doubt, but I really wish I'd enjoyed the episode more. Oh well, there's always next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Most of which is not Young's fault. He can't be held responsible for the ship breaking down when they got there
                    Even so he would rather have no power & shields on the ship & buy time for FTL with the shields. He would rather let these aliens come on to the ship & take it over

Comment

If he's as selfless and concerned for the crew as he claims to be? Yes.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Did I miss something?

When Chloe used one of the stones to get a doctor to remove the tracking device from Rush, I'm wondering why it worked. The alien vessels were again in close proximity to the Destiny, and when Young attempted to use one last week to communicate with earth, he was transported to one of the alien ships, and it was assumed that happened because the two ships were in such close proximity.

So why didn't Chloe wind up on one of the alien ships instead of making it back to earth to get a doctor?

i think it's assumed it was the aliens in counter with rush. but i could be wrong.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Did I miss something?

When Young used the stones, the alien might've been connected using the stone Rush might've had, then Rush killed that alien thus killing the connection.

Comment

Very good episode tonight, at least IMO. Things are definitely very tense on-board Destiny, no doubt about that. They all have a long way to go.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Unless the aliens decided to send boarding parties, the military personnel haven't really done anything to fend off the attacks, short of Scott and Greer in the shuttle. It was Eli and Brody who were operating the systems during the first attack. So to say that they need the military while being attacked by the aliens isn't really that accurate.

Now, going forward, there are definitely going to be times when the military folks are necessary, particularly in a security capacity when on planets.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Even so he would rather have no power & shields on the ship & buy time for FTL with the shields. He would rather let these aliens come on to the ship & take it over
                                That has nothing to do with the frame of our debate. We were talking pre-Divided. At least I thought we were.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X