Vanessa James's character potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
    She seems very human (closet sex scene in Air 1/2), very level headed (putting Scott out of his nervous misery in Air 1/2), very professional (leading the second away team in Air 3), very smart (manipulating Eli in Darkness) and very self-assured (threatening Eli and Riley in Darkness). I like her a lot.
    Exactly. Hell, I'm going to start paying more attention to her because Julia Benson seems like a nice gal and only looking at her character shallowly won't do either the actress or the character herself justice.

As an actor it is an honor for people to have opinions about you. Better that then nothing at all, right? I play 2nd Lt. Vanessa James and for all the talk about my natural (and believe me they are 100%) assets I promise you that there is much more to my character. Who knew that a tank top could cause such a stir. LOL!!
    But, in shallower news, the tank top was brilliant.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      SG1 and SGA were about all those things you've just mentioned and the writers said they were going for a different type of show. To be honest i was skeptical when i heard about it but these first four episodes have really quelled any issues i had. It's a good show and although it's different you need to try to appreciate what it is offering instead of demanding more of the old stuff.
      I do like the show and yes, SG1 and SGA covered a lot of what I did say, but that wasnt my whole point. what i was trying to say was that I want the show to be a sci-fi more than it is anything else.

I'm all for a little change (I'm particularly fond of story arcs that spread over a few episodes) but if the show changes too much, it risks forgetting its roots. i'm just guestimating here, but I would say most of the SGU viewership are previous SG fans. there is nothing wrong with some change to bring in a different demographic, but if you change the show too much to draw that group, then you risk losing your original demographic.

basically, change is good, explore some new corridors, but dont sacrifice the sci-fi aspect too much in the process.
      Spoiler:

Comment

She has wonderful eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          She has wonderful eyes?
          And on high beams.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70376

gogogo

Comment

lol, I suspect tension..much tension in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by wargrafix View Post
                to be honest, she really isn't that interesting. What skill set does she have to be considered invaluable?
                Attention from fans, ratings? Given the SGU demos, she's more valuable than Scott.

Why the comparison? With what we saw so far, she's the equivalent to Scott. Both are specalists, both officers, both fitting the SGU description of "younger and sexier".

So adding that together, Scott was also just cast on looks (which I find actually average). No one seems to mention that, because he's "2IC" and an apparent series regular.

Or in short, she can legitimately heat this show up, while still having the military background.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post

Hmmm, Julia = Angelina? They're pretty much identical from the neck down!

No way, Angelina has so much help from hollywood makeup and wardrobe. Julia is all real, and MUCH nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i liked lt james *because* i loved the scott/james hot sex scene! but then i saw other scenes with her, and even though there haven't been a lot of them, i just like something about her. the actress seems cool too.

i SO hope she sticks around!!
                    I'm sure you loved that scene.

And uh oh, could this character be Sally's new fave over Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Doomgoggles View Post
                      No way, Angelina has so much help from hollywood makeup and wardrobe. Julia is all real, and MUCH nicer.
                      real as helium balls allow.

Comment

real as helium balls allow.
                        shes said their real, women can have big breasts that arent fake

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                          Well I feel sorry for those women who have to deal with them day in and day out. Sure they get attention but they're "not being used" 100% of the time and seriously, have you ever carried 15kgs around your neck before?

Bloody heck!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Doomgoggles View Post
                            Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                            Well I feel sorry for those women who have to deal with them day in and day out. Sure they get attention but they're "not being used" 100% of the time and seriously, have you ever carried 15kgs around your neck before?

Bloody heck!

It just so happens I was over at Space.com, and I found this- SGU Not Sexiest, Says Actress

Comment

of course they are "real". lol

We aren't saying the actress is bad, its how the role is written. She isn't a character I would really care about if they flushed out the airlock in the next episode.

Comment

of course they are "real". lol

We aren't saying the actress is bad, its how the role is written. She isn't a character I would really care about if they flushed out the airlock in the next episode.

I've liked her so far but she needs to be used more in the stories...
                                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Working...
                                X