Young's (ex)wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    Here are 2 GateWorld gallery screenshots from comic-con trailer #2 of TJ kissing Young:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=739&pos=67
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=739&pos=68
    Honestly that doesn't mean much...one of the could be using the LRC
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Spoiler:
      Here are 2 GateWorld gallery screenshots from comic-con trailer #2 of TJ kissing Young:

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=739&pos=67
      http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=739&pos=68
      Thank you so much for spoiling numerous fans on a plot point of SGU
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
        Well we did see the bits in the trailer where Young and TJ were kissing. So something had to have happened.
        MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
        MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
        POLARIS TORONTO 2007
        CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
        GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
        VCON VANCOUVER 2010
        FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Thank you so much for spoiling numerous fans on a plot point of SGU
          Hey, none of us really knows for certain what is going to happen in upcoming episodes, even after we see pictures and video clips of future episodes that were deliberately pre-released to the public by the media companies. All the Stargate video, images and written material that I see is either on GateWorld, or SyFy, or MGM official websites. Shouldn't the responsibility be up to the media companies to stop pre-releasing images and video? Obviously they are deliberately pre-releasing material to the public in order to increase interest in this third series of the Stargate franchise so that they can expand viewership beyond the traditional Stargate fan base.

Spoiler:
          The traditional Stargate fans will obviously have to adapt to the change in the series formula: more serialized; not as many superhuman genius technology solutions to problems (no more help from Carter or McKay or Jackson); more relationship drama; more sex scenes; hidden back stories; constant life & death situations to save themselves instead of saving the Earth or the galaxy from domination from a predatory species (Wraith, Go'uld, Ori, 2 types of Replicators); etc.

The companies might also be accelerating the pre-release of materials to address the fact that Stargate Universe was designed in a cryptic non-chronological fashion (many many flashbacks) that is supposed to create mystery, but unfortunately also creates confusion. For the new Stargate viewer, the challenge is daunting! They have to deal with Stargate terms that they've never heard of; video scenes from a flying ball; video sequences from over-cafeinated shaky documentary film makers?; video sequences in a space ship; video sequences on Earth; video sequences in the past; video sequences that might be hallucinations; characters who's consciousness controls the bodies of other characters; characters who cannot control the space ship because it has a mind of its own; mysterious alien interference; etc...

I'm not surprised that some interested viewers look for forums to get help from other viewers to try to make sense of what is going on. However, these forums are full of speculation about the interpretation of current episodes and possible solutions to the problems posed in the latest episode.

For all we know, that kissing scene was a dream sequence. I've seen many dream sequences in SG1 & SGA, as well as many deceptive trailers that mix unrelated audio and video clips. I can't believe that seeing a picture or a few seconds of video that a media company intentionally released is going to discourage a viewer from tuning in to the next episode to be entertained by what actually ends up happening.
          Last edited by AnonyMoose; 20 October 2009, 07:55 PM. Reason: clarification
          There is no spoon...

Comment

Hey, none of us really knows for certain what is going to happen in upcoming episodes, even after we see pictures and video clips of future episodes that were deliberately pre-released to the public by the media companies. All the Stargate video, images and written material that I see is either on GateWorld, or SyFy, or MGM official websites. Shouldn't the responsibility be up to the media companies to stop pre-releasing images and video? Obviously they are deliberately pre-releasing material to the public in order to increase interest in this third series of the Stargate franchise so that they can expand viewership beyond the traditional Stargate fan base.
            Spoiler:

The traditional Stargate fans will obviously have to adapt to the change in the series formula: more serialized; not as many superhuman genius technology solutions to problems (no more help from Carter or McKay or Jackson); more relationship drama; more sex scenes; hidden back stories; constant life & death situations to save themselves instead of saving the Earth or the galaxy from domination from a predatory species (Wraith, Go'uld, Ori, 2 types of Replicators); etc.

The companies might also be accelerating the pre-release of materials to address the fact that Stargate Universe was designed in a cryptic non-chronological fashion that is supposed to create mystery, but unfortunately also creates confusion. For the new Stargate viewer, the challenge is daunting! They have to deal with Stargate terms that they've never heard of; video scenes from a flying ball; video sequences from over-cafeinated shaky documentary film makers?; video sequences in a space ship; video sequences on Earth; video sequences in the past; video sequences that might be hallucinations; characters who's consciousness controls the bodies of other characters; characters who cannot control the space ship because it has a mind of its own; etc...

I'm not surprised that some interested viewers look for forums to get help from other viewers to try to make sense of what is going on. However, these forums are full of speculation about the interpretation of current episodes and possible solutions to the problems posed in the latest episode.

For all we know, that kissing scene was a dream sequence. I've seen many dream sequences in SG1 & SGA, as well as many deceptive trailers that mix unrelated audio and video clips. I can't believe that seeing a picture or a few seconds of video that a media company intentionally released is going to discourage a viewer from tuning in to the next episode to be entertained by what actually ends up happening.
            Spoiler:

Your completly missing the point. The forum rules say regardless of what the context is or will potential spoilers need to be in spoiler tags
            Last edited by Skydiver; 19 October 2009, 06:25 PM.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

the rules are that ANY AND ALL spoilers MUST be in tags.

be it real spoilers or speculation. If it spoils a plot point, tag it.

the ONLY place where you can post spoiler tag free is in the thread devoted specifically to each episode. And even then, let's say you're posting about episode 4, if you want to talk about the promo for episode 5, you need to tag it.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AnonyMoose
                That's fine, I'll put most of my comments in spoiler boxes from now on, but you may want to edit posts # 32, 33, 45, & 46 because they all reference video and images of
                Spoiler:
                TJ kissing Young.
                stop whining
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Wait a tick...
                  Spoiler:
                  Young and TJ...

are a surprise to some? Hell,
                  Spoiler:
                  If the Comic-Con trailer hadn't given it away, the subtle hints we've had so far told me 1 plus 1 equals 2!
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                  X