Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could have chopped 15 minutes of darkness out and moved on with more of the story at the end. It would have made this a much better espisode..

IMHO

A bunch of whiny spoiled brats.. at least someone finally said something good about Rush,,

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
    Let's see what happened this week on Stargate: Boobs Universe:

Loverboy Scott takes a break from getting teen girls pregnant to say a prayer.

Col. Young leaves the sinking ship to visit his wife (zzzzzzzzzzzz).

Rush yells at everyone.

Everyone yells at everyone.

Some lady talks about earthquakes. (WTF???)

Chloe takes a shower in front of a guy (is this a surprise to anyone?)

Chloe screams for Eli's help because it gets. . .um. . .dark.

Chloe needs to take a walk into an airlock.

A bunch of people talk about themselves but none of them sound the least bit intelligent. I still don't remember their names.

Lou Diamond Phillips makes a miracle appearace in a few minutes that were actually INTERESTING.

Camera operator drank way too much coffee making the shaky camera worse than ever.

A military chick had really, REALLY big. . .uh, you know (I see TPTB still going with frat boy humor).

This episode was total fail in my book.
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Man... that episode was lame...really...lame.
      On a brighter note, I'd forgotten how the single episode threads were always, mostly...that was AMAZING...11 out of 10...AWESOME!!
      Last edited by david2708; 17 October 2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Lieutenant Scott is starting to remind me of Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard. He can pretty much "Anything" and is romancing with every girl he met with Sheppard it was Teyla, Weir, Larrin, Chaya/Athar, did i forget anybody? and with Scott so far its James, and now Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
          It would be great if you could contribute substantive discussion, rather than an empty diss designed to incite personal arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
            On a brighter note, I'd forgotten how the single episode threads were always, mostly...that was AMAZING...11 out of 10...AWESOME!!
            Yin and yang. Outside the episode discussion threads the excessively vocal Complaints Department is strutting their stuff with torches and pitchforks. Always balance
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
              On Atlantis, Sheppard was one of my favorite characters but there was one thing I didn't like about how TPTB handled him: I didn't learn that much about Sheppard the person and his backstory until much later on in the series. For example, Phantoms was one of my favorite Atlantis episodes because we actually got to see a bit of the incident that earned him a black mark in Afghanistan. We learned more about him, as well as how and why he did certain things. We got another big dose of that in Outcast when we actually saw Shep's ex-wife and his brother on Earth. We had to wait 3-4 seasons to get that kind of backstory for him!

That's a stark contrast to SGU where the characters and their backstory are getting fleshed out immediately.
              Agreed. I wasn't a huge fan of "Phantoms" but I did at least appreciate that they were trying to tell us more about these people.

SGU, in a lot of ways, is what I wanted out of the franchise all along. At least as far as paying attention to character details goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                SGU, in a lot of ways, is what I wanted out of the franchise all along. At least as far as paying attention to character details goes.
                I think there was some possibility for Atlantis to go with this direction back in its first and second seasons but I personally believe that a character and writing imbalance in Atlantis precluded that later on. I'm glad that with SGU, everyone seems to be getting an opportunity to shine and be recognized, even the secondaries like Riley & Volker.
                sigpic

Comment

An ok, below average episode, nothing more. Whats happening on the Destiny doesn't strike me to what would really happens in that situation. Eli, who I think he's a leading scientist on the ship, wouldn't play with his kino in the middle of a major crisis. And earth would probably use the LRC to send earth and Destiny scientists back and forth to find a solution to their problems (including the dialing to earth). Whats happening on the Destiny doesn't strike me as very realistic but something to make the story going.

The best scene of the show was easily the scene with Eli and the Destiny group who wanted some insider info.

I felt the episode was boring, but not in a excruciating way. I was interested in knowing how they would get out of their predicaments.
                  I wish we will have more adventures and explorations in future shows.

4/10
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Eli is trying too hard to be funny. I HATED Young's wife so much, I kept hoping Young would go like "Whatever, I'm out of here." I mean everything about her is obnoxious, her attitude, her hairdo, her expressions. Her husband is in SPACE, and he's come billions of light years to tell her he loves her and that he'll be back for her and she's like blarggh I can't wait that long, sry, lol.
                    Last edited by metabog; 17 October 2009, 01:40 AM.
                    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Favorite episode thus far. Enjoyed the smelly people banter. The nervous breakdown thing was cool. Nice to see MR. scotty grumpypants do something else for a change. The shower and Kino thing was really well, and I was also one of those people who didn't like the closet sex. The LRC stone trip was sad, but not sappy. I am starting to really hate Telford, which is a good thing cause I am supposed to dislike him.

The gas giant slingshot was awesome. So awesome it deserves its own paragraph! The ship looked like a bat outa hell, slicing through the atmosphere. Great effects, and great... atmosphere!

Eli and Rush are my favorite so far. The whole "it's mit dropout" scene was funny. And the Kino "we're doomed" logs sort of reminded me of Letters from Pegasus but it was appropriate considering.

Definitely swaying more to one side of the fence this week.

Comment

Here is my take on Rush. Tonight was an excellent moment with Rush, and the lead up to him cracking. It seems to have been building since the premiere. Now remember the first scenes with him when he met Eli, how calm and pleasant he was? It has been a steady progression towards madness. The 2nd and 3rd parts of Air did not really show us a character who is all that pleasant. We get to part 4 tonight and it all boils down to that one moment. Except...

At the end of the episode, while somewhat calmer, Rush still seemed angered, disgusted, arrogant, and generally unpleasant. It would have been better to have toned it down some even more. I think at some point the writers have to start opening his character up, and it has to be sooner rather than later. They have been progressively boxing him in as a character that we are suppose to NOT like. Problem here is that I do not think that is what they mean to do, at least that was not my impression of who his character is suppose to be as described before the premiere.

I am afraid if this continues though he will become a one-dimensional character, which is the opposite of what I believe TPTB intended. I need to see in upcoming episodes soon a human side, a more pleasant, agreeable, or thought provoking person. Having a rude and angry character stay that way through every episode will get tiresome. It has worked so far, but will not for too much longer. Just a FYI to all those PTB'rs that may read here and there.

Comment

While not much happened this week (well it is a 2 parter), I really did enjoy this epsiode. Here's a short Breakdown.....

The Good:

- More Character information & interaction. All felt very real.
                          - Eli has toned it down from last week, and was actually very funny
                          - Using the Kino to learn about the supporting cast members
                          - The Humor is back and just as good as it ever was, the Shower room scene, "it took a wrong turn", "34 actually" & "recipes, work on recipes" where particular favorites.
                          - The whole Gas Giant scene was amazing, great effects, awesome music, perfect atmosphere
                          - Rush going mental
                          - Young is becoming a very likable character
                          - Earth Technology can be recharged

The Bad:

- Some of the "Kino" scenes where rather boring, especially the Earthquake woman. But 70% where good.
                          - Not a great deal happened plot wise, but then again it was part 1 of 2.
                          - Did not care for Young on Earth with his wife, however I am sure the scene will play an important role latter on.
                          - Eli & Chole had some cheesy moments, but not as bad as some of the Mckay & Kellar stuff.

Overall a very enjoyable epsiode with some great comic moments, character building and an awesome CGI climax.
                          SGU has had me hooked for yet another week.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Boring. But can watch. My rating 65 % and .....Rush is REALLY Baltar....
                            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Thought it was great.

The Kino video dairies are a good way to introduce us to the various secondary characters - the one for Dr. Lisa Park made me laugh. I'm in love with her now - she's so adorable! Look for her on the Destiny's observation deck soon before they hit the atmosphere - she is leaning against a pole in there with this wide-eyed zen-calm look on her face. The other ones were good, as it gave us an insight into who they are, something we certainly needed given that it's a new show with a HUGE lot of extra cast members.

As for the episode itself, I thought it was great. I am really loving the character of Young. I love that he's soft-spoken, but very much in command and was quick to chew out Volker and Brody for being dicks and giving up without finding a solution, but also quick to not gush over Eli either ("You want a gold star for that?").

Telford is an ass, but it is understandable - he was meant to be the one leading the expedition to wherever the 9th Chevron went, not Young.

Chloe and Eli were good together in this one. I want them to get together, not her and Scott.

8 out of 10 plus 1 for everything Julia Anderson *ahem* brings to the show.

BYE
                              "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

This was the first episode that made me go "That was just 43 minutes!??"

Rush is still awsome. Coffee crazy or not.

Let's hope we get more scenes with Chloe in the shower sometime soon.

Eli and Riley um.. "making a wrong turn" was childish and immature. I liked it

The part where Young used the stones to see his wife was the only part I found unnecessary but I can live with it.

The CGI and the secondary characters both deserves an honorable mention.

This episode is better than all the episodes of the fifth season of SGA combined! All IMO.

9.7/10
                                Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 17 October 2009, 02:55 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X