Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got done watching "Darkness" for the re-watch - what a great episode! I love Rush's "different kind of crazy" with Volker, and his total meltdown (THERE IS NO MORE POWER!).

Also - Destiny slinging around the gas giant - wonderful! This time I really got to appreciate the great musical score for that part of the episode. Really good.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Not a bad ep.

Rush going mental is the highlight for sure. I've always been a fan of Robert Carlyle. Maybe not so much in Full Monty haha.

Eli getting ambushed by the gang of idiots. I think as a group we've bonded.

Yes Destiny flying through the gas giant looked incredible.

That sun better get out of the way. Destiny might hurt it.
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe my movie knowledge is off.. But who is this "Desmond" you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Maybe my movie knowledge is off.. But who is this "Desmond" you are referring to?
          He's a character on Lost. The other show, not the SGU episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Great episode. I was so disappointed when it first aired, but now that I knew what to expect I was able to appreciate it for what it was; slow, but entertaining and compelling.

And this show is beautifully shot (it especially looks fantastic on blu ray). It never gets old.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
              He's a character on Lost. The other show, not the SGU episode.
              Ah.. No wonder i don't know him. Never got into watching it.. Similar to how i have seen maybe a handful of Heroes eps..

Comment

Midweek, another ep of SGU...

1. Of course now we've got a better idea what Telford was up to.

2. Now we have an intro to domestic issues.

3. Ah, the shower scene.

4. And we 'were' wondering how the Destiny was going to dodge the star.

Cool ep!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I remember when this episode and Light where orginally going to be called Fire. We were wondering where the Heart episode was going to be

This one is more a character based which sometimes is hard for the fans. It does not have a whole lot of action and is more showing the character settling into Destiny. You have the fish out of water people like Eli and Chloe. It was an interesting dynamic to have those two together in a shower none the less. Its also kind of sad as this is the start of Eli having feelings for Chloe and she is completely oblivious to such things. On the other hand their is the death of her father. I like SGU for playing some consquences of Sen. Armstrong and instead of glossing it over like other big character death. I'm looking at you SGA. It was funny seeing Rush insane with his caffeine and nicotine withdrawl. Not to mention general fatigue. While their is that threat of Destiny has no power and is basically drifting I kind of feel that was just a setting to have us explore the characters. Young and Emily seems a waste of a scene just like Eli's KINO documentaries. Overall a good episode although with some minor problems
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder if anyone else had a "rush" style breakdown due to withdrawls from caffine or nicotine..

Comment

Yes. TJ mentioned as much
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

To me this episode was awesome too. How long can they keep this pace up?
                        It will become my favorite show ever. I'm almost sure.
                        Felt sorry for Eli in the shower scene.
                        I still love the writers ideas with the Kino's and the communication stones. It will be interesting to see more of this in future episodes...

Comment

Why did you feel sorry for him in the shower scene?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Why did you feel sorry for him in the shower scene?
                            He was in love...

Up to this point, I had hoped he would get a chance with Chloe, but with this shower scene, I guess not...

Comment

Well hope is around the corner.. in the shape of ginn.

Comment

Loved this episode. Rush breakdown was the highlight. Very solid performance he delivered there.

Oh my girls in showers and tight shirts. What type of show these guys pulling. They need to show guys in tight shirts and in showers to balance things out. I vote for Eli.

Interesting that no one said sorry to Rush. He may have been cray cray but he was right.

Comment

Working...
                                X