Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the 3 parter pilot - rating the characters from favorite to least favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitpick about the thread title:

Technically "Air" wasn't a "pilot". A pilot is an episode produced as an example of a series BEFORE it has been greenlit. The network execs look at a pilot and decide whether to produce a series out of it.

SGU was greenlit as a series without a pilot produced. Technically, it's a "premiere", not a "pilot".

Carry on. :-)

Comment

I like Rush and Greer. They are odd, questionable. . .INTERESTING.

Scott - 3rd. Liked him last week but not so much this week. Time will tell.

Eli - Has potential but there is still a creepy "Wesley Crusher" feel about him.

Everyone else is blah.

Hate Chloe. Total Yuck.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
        Nitpick about the thread title:

Technically "Air" wasn't a "pilot". A pilot is an episode produced as an example of a series BEFORE it has been greenlit. The network execs look at a pilot and decide whether to produce a series out of it.

SGU was greenlit as a series without a pilot produced. Technically, it's a "premiere", not a "pilot".

Carry on. :-)
        Oh well
        I'll try to get it right in the next spin-off
        sigpic

Comment

1. Eli Wallace
          2. Ronald Greer
          3. Nicholas Rush
          4. Matthew Scott
          5. Riley
          6. Chloe Armstrong
          7. Everette Young
          8. Tamara Johanson
          9. Zack(?) Telford - but only because I haven't seen enough of him yet, although he seems like he has a chip on his shoulder.
          10. Camile Wray - but only because I haven't seen enough of her yet.

Comment

is this for watchability or "like as a person"? i assume watchability

Rush
            Eli
            Young
            TJ
            Chloe
            Greer
            Scott

but don't get me wrong, i like all of them. it was tough to put them in a list. although it looks like i might have put them in more or less order of screen time, apart from scott who i find boring.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

The characters are portrayed rather poor. Some of them are shown way too polarized - Its not really how humans are. If the character is believable you still might like them - cylons in bsg e.g.

Acting is generally rather poor.

There are a few I really dislike.

Greer - arrogant. him saving the scott is very much cliche. should have been left to the cell.

Should give the show a few extra episodes. Maybe it improves

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Questionable

Eli
                Eli is the only character I have some doubts about right now. I don't dislike him. In fact, I want to like his character but if he starts following in the footsteps of Rodney McKay--who I absolutely loathed in Atlantis--I'm going to lose patience with him very quickly and hope that Greer socks him in the face. I don't think that will happen though. The Destiny crew have already shown a great aversion to complaining, whining, cowardice and selfishness (traits that greatly apply to McKay). More importantly, Eli has done something that I don't recall McKay ever doing: Volunteering.

I want to see more than just comic relief with Eli in the future. It would be interesting to see Eli slowly mentored into something of a solider but I don't think the producers will go that way. Again, I hope they don't take Eli down McKay's path.
                McKay volunteered to go to Atlantis in the first place. No one forced him to go to a completely different galaxy with the real possiblity that he may never return to earth.

Comment

* Gen. O'Neill
                  * Greer
                  * Scott
                  * Young
                  * Eli
                  * Rush
                  * TJ
                  * Riley
                  * Telford
                  * Wray
                  * Chloe

Comment

+++
                    Rush
                    Young
                    Eli
                    TJ
                    Greer
                    Chloe
                    Wray
                    Telford
                    Scott
                    ---

Just going by the possible main cast, if Wray and Telford are or not, I don't know.

Comment

1. ELI
                      2. RUSH
                      3. SCOTT
                      4. CHLOE

Dnt care much for the rest and kill off Greer the psycho thing is boring.
                      sigpic
                      First time using GIMP2 can't say its not a bad job
                      MGM, Sci-Fi Channel and the Creators are

I'll only watch SGU coz theres nowt to do on tuesday nites.

Comment

My arrangement of most liked (so far) characters to least liked:
                        :: Drum roll::

Eli - How can you not like him? He's us! And I like POTA reference.. Truthfully, I said the same kind of thing when I was in Egypt walking through the desert and I had plenty of water in me! lol. (Yes, I'm a geek.. and I never even liked POTAs)
                        Rush
                        Chloe
                        Greer
                        Scott
                        Young
                        TJ
                        Wray
                        WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                        "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                        "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                        - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

1) Rush. Excellent acting by Carlyle & great degree of mystery surroundign his character.
                          2) TJ. Cute & really liked her development in part 3
                          3) Scott. He's a decent traditional lead action figure. there's facets of him that may or may not work for me. I'll have to see
                          4) Chloe. Very good in first 2 parts, very unsure of her last part.
                          5) Young. Barely been seen so can't really judge.
                          6) Greer. Good acting but why an unblanced character was anywhere near stargate program seems stupid
                          7) others
                          8) Eli. Truly awful character. Does he have the intelligence to beat an ameoba in a battle of wills, i'm very unsure. He also seems to have an innate ability to act like a goon but have other people put him in positions of authority(leading teams/standing guard by the gate) Someone else suggested he represents us the viewer. Nothing about him represents me or any other sci fi view i know.

Comment

I still don't know many of these characters so its hard to pick who is best and worst, but this is what I came up with:

1. Rush - by far the most colorful and interesting character.

2. Greer - yeah, he is psycho, by why? What has he done? He did go back to rescue Scott so he has a sense of honor and commitment.

3. Um, maybe Eli, but he grates on the nerves sometimes.

4. Scott - liked him last week but he has some weird religious/sexual hangups it seems. Dunno about him.

Col. Young, the blonde medic (whose name I guess is TJ?), and Wray I'm not sure of. Not keen on the medic and haven't seen enough of the other two.

Chloe is awful. Her mother was even worse.

Comment

1. Rush - Most interesting character on the show.
                              2. TJ - Knocking your superior out with a sedative. She's got spunk!
                              3. Wray - Didn't get much to do this episode, but she was a strong character in the pilot. Also, first openly LGBT character on the show. That's huge.
                              4. Chloe - She's still portrayed as a rather weak character, but she toughened up this episode. I'm just really anti-weak female characters as suffering through years of Naruto BS.
                              5. Eli - Became an annoying clown this episode. That only works if you have a partner to snark it up with.
                              6. Young - Good leader. Just not featured that much.
                              7. Scott - Oh, Scott is such a stud. He knocked a girl up at 16!
                              8. Greer - This guy is unstable. I know that Rush is an ass, but the way he conducted himself in this episode, I'm with Wray. Why isn't he locked up anymore? He's clearly a loose cannon who's prone to violent fits of anger. His presence only makes me question the judgments of Young and Scott.
                              9. Telford - Asshat.

Comment

Working...
                              X