Dr. Rush/Dr. Lee ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guiguioh View Post
    First, why Young didn't ask Jack if he had really put Rush in charge? I'm sure it is not entirely true, but I was expecting the subject to be brought up.
    Good question...I'd have to assume that Young knew that if Rush was put in charge, it's because Young was out of commission. When Young was able to resume his duties, it's an obvious protocol that Rush would have to relinquish his command for Young to resume his.

I believe this was not discussed as it didn't need to be.

Originally posted by Guiguioh View Post
    Also, how did Dr Lee react while he was in Rush body (and what did he do exactly) and why did they purposely avoid to show us anything about that?

Joe Mallozi was asked about that and here is his answer from his blog's mailbag:
    Hehe that's an interesting answer, it poses one of two sides:

a) he's obviously trying to subdue the interviewer as the answer to that question could potentially be addressed later

or

b) he's unable to answer it as they never intended for that to become a highlight

We could have said, c) Something fishy is going on, but seriously it's Dr. Lee we're talking about, not your most cunning WOW player in the galaxy!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

If Lee was awake when Rush used the stone it is possible (although unlikely) that he didn't have a chance to talk to anybody before he wound up in his own body. Rush probably went a far away from the rest of the group as he figured he safely could to use the stone, so that no one would see what he was doing and stop him. Also because he wanted to talk to whomever he spoke to without being interrupted he probably kept his conversation with whomever he spoke to in Lee's body very brief. So if Lee was awake he might not have been able to do much, or talk to anyone, before he found himself back in his own body.

I know this is a bad explanation, but its the only way I can think of that Lee wouldn't have been able to talk to someone while in Rush's body to find out what was going on.
      sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Maybe Dr. Lee woke up in Dr. Rush's body, Thought he was dreaming and went back to sleep.

Comment

Maybe he was sitting in the chair because he just happened to be near by, and need to rest... hehe.

Comment

I was surprised the subject of Rush's leadership wasn't addressed between Young and O'Neill. Especially, since they made a big things out of it. My guess is that we'll know more in future episode about it.
            Last edited by Commander Zelix; 12 October 2009, 05:13 PM.
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I wonder if a more regular plot point will be "nobodies" on the destiny crew switching bodies with scientists using the LRC so they can learn more about the ship.

Personally, i think it'd be a sweet cameo for Riley to swap with Walter in at least one episode, falls into his "Chevron 1 encoded" bit when the gate dials

But honestly, I think Zelenka, or some of the Atlantis science extras SHOULD be appearing in SGU, they're the experts on ancient tech and it makes no sense for them not to be trying to decypher the Destiny to bring it back to Earth. Especially with the LRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Count View Post
                I wonder if a more regular plot point will be "nobodies" on the destiny crew switching bodies with scientists using the LRC so they can learn more about the ship.

Personally, i think it'd be a sweet cameo for Riley to swap with Walter in at least one episode, falls into his "Chevron 1 encoded" bit when the gate dials

But honestly, I think Zelenka, or some of the Atlantis science extras SHOULD be appearing in SGU, they're the experts on ancient tech and it makes no sense for them not to be trying to decypher the Destiny to bring it back to Earth. Especially with the LRC.
                Man what a field day Rodney and Zelenka would have on the Destiny huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                  Depends really, we heard McKay complain about DOS more then once, if the Destiny is older then Atlantis, he'd be complaining about the ship much like one complains about Windows 95 over windows XP

AS for the rest of the science team, i think Carter probably would get a bigger kick, she's the MW Ancient technology expert and the MW is older tech then Atlantis. She probably comprehends it better then McKay and his Ancient XP technology experience.

Comment

I think they're at a point where knowledge of Ancient technology is widespread enough that they don't need an expert in Ancient technology. Rush, Riley and even Eli have enough have a practical knowledge and even Telford and Young and some others have enough applied knowledge. What's the threat on Destiny is decay and available resources and what's needed is survival skills and problem solving skills.
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Depends really, we heard McKay complain about DOS more then once, if the Destiny is older then Atlantis, he'd be complaining about the ship much like one complains about Windows 95 over windows XP

AS for the rest of the science team, i think Carter probably would get a bigger kick, she's the MW Ancient technology expert and the MW is older tech then Atlantis. She probably comprehends it better then McKay and his Ancient XP technology experience.
                      Yeah Carter would love it just as much I think but now-a-days I think she's more inclinded to lead than to tinker.

Not that she doesn't just I think she's more of a leader than a tinker'er

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                        I think they're at a point where knowledge of Ancient technology is widespread enough that they don't need an expert in Ancient technology. Rush, Riley and even Eli have enough have a practical knowledge and even Telford and Young and some others have enough applied knowledge. What's the threat on Destiny is decay and available resources and what's needed is survival skills and problem solving skills.
                        There's a difference between knowing how to use something and how to fix something. Most people can use a PC these days but they'd be left scratching their heads on how to fix it. I'd say the same goes for ancient tech, most people can now use the tech cause they've been taught rudamentary language or functional layouts, but they'll still be clueless when it comes to fixing it.

Comment

There's a difference between knowing how to use something and how to fix something. Most people can use a PC these days but they'd be left scratching their heads on how to fix it. I'd say the same goes for ancient tech, most people can now use the tech cause they've been taught rudamentary language or functional layouts, but they'll still be clueless when it comes to fixing it.
                          Just turn it off and on again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                            Just turn it off and on again.
                            Dr Rush is easily the most experienced with ancient technology on the Destiny and HE TRIED THAT! lol. Didn't fix their problem either. So it's safe to say nothing else on the Destiny will work if turned on and off again

Comment

Keep in mind so far there problems have been:

P: Air leaking
                              S: Sacrifice a Senator

P: Air Filters not filtering
                              S: Get more filter material

Neither required exactly high levels of ancient knowledge and they already have Dr. Rush who seems to have a least a mild grasp on Ancient tech. I really don't think they need to bring in the super-duper experts
                              If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                              Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                                McKay, Zelenka, and their cadre of scientists at Atlantis would be drooling over analyzing the Destiny's tech. Doing a big compare/contrast between the Destiny's ins and outs vs. Atlantis would definitely be a cool research project for all of them. If the Destiny were ever to make it back to the Milky Way, the Atlantis scientists would be among the very first to volunteer looking over the Destiny. And I'm sure McKay and company would be comparing notes with Rush and getting all chatty real quick.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X