Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left Behind? (Don't Look If You Don't Want To Know)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
    So yea, I hope the writers didn't forget that those 2 got left behind, lol
    I doubt there's much that could be done for them, even if they are alive. The ship has gone back into FTL and left them stranded. I see it as natural selection
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      I doubt there's much that could be done for them, even if they are alive. The ship has gone back into FTL and left them stranded. I see it as natural selection
      Even if your right, I still hope they atleast mention it. someone says "Hey what about X and Y who got left behind...

Rush: oh well, its their fault.

I'd much rather see what happens to them on the planet though..
      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
        Even if your right, I still hope they atleast mention it. someone says "Hey what about X and Y who got left behind...

Rush: oh well, its their fault.
        Yeah, some callback would be good. Maybe next time they need a geologist they could say something about wishing Palmer was still with them.

I'd much rather see what happens to them on the planet though..
        That depends what happened... some evil giant slug that sucks people's skin off would be a bit offputting
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yelims View Post
          universe gates are older and have limited range
          I dissagree. I believe these gates are newer than those in the Milky Way and Pegasus.

The reason for that? The Ancients originated on Earth, they built their gate network, and then eventually found their way to the Pegasus Galaxy, and built a second gate network. Then they decided to create the Destiny, and the ships that went before her.

If they created those ships and the Destiny first, the gates in SG-1 and Atlantis would look the same as those in SGU.

Originally posted by h22chen View Post
          "There will be three deaths in the series opening episodes, and a suicide by the sixth episode." from (Carlyle Reveals Why This Is the Darkest Stargate, from Io9, Retrieved March 17 2009"

Here's our 3 deaths right there, the senator (who is heroic) and the 2 who went through the gate to another world (whom are not thinking straight because of their distrust of Rush [it is understandable because it was Rush who got them into that position]).
          Amazing what a little research can provide, ain't it?
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

... to one of the planets that was locked out of the Destiny's dialing program? So what happened to them

Comment

Actually if you pay closer attention the Ancients didnt start in our galaxy or on earth for that matter

They evolved in the Ori galaxy and then travelled here to escape the Ori's evil ness
              lived on earth for millions of years or something
              and then left for pegasus after the disease and then came back when alantis was attacked

Comment

"There will be three deaths in the series opening episodes, and a suicide by the sixth episode." from (Carlyle Reveals Why This Is the Darkest Stargate, from Io9, Retrieved March 17 2009"

Here's our 3 deaths right there, the senator (who is heroic) and the 2 who went through the gate to another world (whom are not thinking straight because of their distrust of Rush [it is understandable because it was Rush who got them into that position]).
                Are you sure those are the three deaths he was referring to? After all, don't forget that we saw the Icarus Base doctor die, too. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                  I dissagree. I believe these gates are newer than those in the Milky Way and Pegasus.

The reason for that? The Ancients originated on Earth, they built their gate network, and then eventually found their way to the Pegasus Galaxy, and built a second gate network. Then they decided to create the Destiny, and the ships that went before her.

If they created those ships and the Destiny first, the gates in SG-1 and Atlantis would look the same as those in SGU.

actually, im pretty sure in the first episode, when it showed that holographic display, it showed the destiny leaving from earth, and making its first stop in pegasus. i think that the universe gates are a different type of gate from the milky way and pegasus gates in that they are "seed gates" meaning they're really only meant to be the basis of a later gate network.

for example, the ship that went before the destiny made its way through the pegasus galaxy dropping the seed gates, destiny followed shortly after and ancients from earth used it to start populating pegasus. this same process probably would have been repeated in countless galaxies had the ancients not ascended.

Comment

I thought one was the doctor that was killed in the attack. Not sure on the third then if we don't count the two that went through.

I'd love to see what happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Yeah i agree theyre probably gonna be the Adam and Eve of that world XD. In 100,000 years when humans get that far into the universe they are going to be VERY suprised. WTH how did humans get here?!?!?!?!? Note that with only 1 m and 1 f they dont have a sufficent gene pool, so there is going to be alot of mutation for a few centuries.

Who knows, maybe thats how we got here IRL
                      yeah baby yeah, having dirty sex then they're kids'll um

O sweet God No, they'll. EWWWWW!

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                        no, you're wrong

The reason for that? The Ancients originated on Earth
                        no, they did not. They came from somewhere else (remember the Ori?)

, they built their gate network, and then eventually found their way to the Pegasus Galaxy, and built a second gate network. Then they decided to create the Destiny, and the ships that went before her.
                        the Destiny was launched from Earth, not from the Pegasus Galaxy. And it was stated by BW, that the Destiny is older than Atlantis itself, and Destiny's gate is older than those in MW. Which means it's older than 50 millions years.(the Antarctic gate)
                        no, they wouldn't. Destiny's gate is a protoype.

yes, but your research was wrong from the beginning.
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                          They sent the kino trough and determinated that there is vegetation, water, life support,:"its not perfect, but its better than here."
                          Then those military guys came and brought another kino with them and gave it to Eli.
                          Pay more attention to the show you are watching...
                          The third scientist that Greer shot had the Kino remote which was used as a DHD. They were going with the means of coming back....untill Greer shot the third guy and stranded the other two in that planet. Later on, Eli tried to contact them but no answer.

As far as I know, this is what happened, please correct me if Im wrong

Comment

Originally posted by L84sch0oL2 View Post
                            actually, im pretty sure in the first episode, when it showed that holographic display, it showed the destiny leaving from earth, and making its first stop in pegasus. i think that the universe gates are a different type of gate from the milky way and pegasus gates in that they are "seed gates" meaning they're really only meant to be the basis of a later gate network.

for example, the ship that went before the destiny made its way through the pegasus galaxy dropping the seed gates, destiny followed shortly after and ancients from earth used it to start populating pegasus. this same process probably would have been repeated in countless galaxies had the ancients not ascended.
                            Yes I like this theory the most

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              yes, but your research was wrong from the beginning.
                              Like, totally PWNED!

Comment

It would have been nice to show what happened to the people on the planet. Especially, since not much was happening on the desert planet beside walking.
                                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                                X