No announcement yet.

Mystery The sand monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As to the using his father/rpest to communicate, maybe it only was able to read his mind and that is what he was thinking at the time..

Comment

I, for one, definitely think it was an alien life-form. While it could have been an ascended ancient, I kind of don't think it was. I lean toward alien.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Or it's just like "Unity" from SG-1 season 1, frankly the two planets resembled each other IMHO. Why does everything have to be strictly tied to existing stuff? This is A NEW SHOW! It will have its own aliens and stuff. Why can't we seem to get our heads out of the past? Sure I love seeing O'Neill; the Ancients are still cool, but let's let the show grow on its own please! What if Atlantis had just been about another part of the Goa'uld instead of the Wraith? Well that's what most of this thread is sounding like.
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Well whatever the sand thingy thing was, it is our friend.

Comment

See, when I first saw it, I thought Shifu and the episode Absolute Power.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
              I almost applauded. I thought for sure the episode would end with them going through the gate and Shifu watching them leave from a distance. I'm standing by that theory until they reveal which ascended Ancient was actually on that planet.

Comment

1. Alien being. I think that is perhaps the most likely explanation. It's definitely smart, it knew he needed water, perhaps knew he need the lime and as a result led him to the water bed.

2. Ascended Ancient. I could see this being what really happened, because like what I said about the alien, it knew he needed water and the lime. The effect was very similar to Shifu and I believe the Abydonians. What I am not sure why the Ancients would even want to bother helping the Destiny Expedition survive. I don't really think defeating the Orii is going to make them want to help with anything unless it turns out to be someone like Orlin or Chaya (as in an Ascended who is punished by staying on a single planet)

sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's a monster or life form at all, the way it was shown to head to water makes me think it was meant to be a natural phenomonan

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                    I don't think it's a monster or life form at all, the way it was shown to head to water makes me think it was meant to be a natural phenomonan
                    They looked intelligent to me.

They seemed to recognise that Scott was in danger & spout water from the sand to help him out.

Comment

Am I the only one that REALLY doesn't want ascended beings at all in SGU. We got way too much of them in SG1 and SGA and we must remember their non-interference laws.

Even if the non-interference laws are 'relaxed' by the collective to the Destiny crew for whatever reason I really don't want the an ascended being helping them all out along the way. ot only could this become a crutch for the writers it would mean a great deal of the history of the Ancients and their ascension would need to be explained and I am over that already.

IMO the only Ancient presence we need in this show is the ship itself. Although I have to be honest, I really want the timeline of the Destiny to be revealed just so long time fans can put it in some sort of context with Atlantis' construction, the hit of the plague, the move to Pegasus and so on, so forth.
                      Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Yes it was.

Spoiler:
                        But I still saying calling it an ascended is jumping the gun. We don't know what it was.
                        its the flying sand
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Sand / Flashback, first thought was ascended.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite View Post
                            Same here. The dust devil and the religious imagery definitely hearkened back to Shifu on some level. The water spontaneous forming also struck me as the kind of subtle help that an ascended Ancient like Morgan Le Fay/Ganos Lal would provide.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              Same here. The dust devil and the religious imagery definitely hearkened back to Shifu on some level. The water spontaneous forming also struck me as the kind of subtle help that an ascended Ancient like Morgan Le Fay/Ganos Lal would provide.
                              Yeah water too! Definetly anicents, Posibly a shift over levles of non involment regarding there left tech after acention?
                              Spoiler:
                              Posibly percipated after the 2 direct acended conflicts revealed in SG1 seriers / movies

Does that need it? Eh why not.

Comment

Originally posted by digitaldeluge View Post
                                Yeah water too! Definetly anicents, Posibly a shift over levles of non involment regarding there left tech after acention?
                                Spoiler:
                                Posibly percipated after the 2 direct acended conflicts revealed in SG1 seriers / movies

Does that need it? Eh why not.
                                Daniel claimed that the Ancients "owed them" in Ark of Truth. Maybe one of the ascended Ancients agreed and decided to give a little subtle help?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X