Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they can turn off this clock, because why would an Ancient's ship rush if it has flown for so many years? 12 hours or 48 hours doesn't matter in this route. And my second reason is it reminds me to Sliders.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
      I'm getting used to the new drama style but it feels a lot like (dare i say it?) "Lost" to me.

Anyone else think that?
      I don't watch Lost and I haven't seen Voyager so I can't comment, but my 2 friends who watched all 3 episodes with me and are also Lost/Voyager fans swear that this is "Lost/Voyager rip-off in pure form" (LostStarTrekGate), whatever it means. So apparently there are people who think like you do.

I still like "Air" though. In fact the more I watch the more I like it.
      There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
      sigpic
      awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
        So far SGU is quite intriguing. I don't know what to expect. I like this!

Does anyone know if we'll get to see what happened to the two that went to the other planet?
        Maybe the two that went to that other planet were captured my some aliens and then the aliens sent a recon ship out to see what the story was...!! and maybe well see what happened ?

Comment

Originally posted by the3dolla View Post
          I thought this episode was quite boring. I kinda feel let down.
          I think you should look at it once more but this time look at the characters, example Col. Everett Young a peoples person and Col. David Telford a follow the book military man...!!

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
            I don't watch Lost and I haven't seen Voyager so I can't comment, but my 2 friends who watched all 3 episodes with me and are also Lost/Voyager fans swear that this is "Lost/Voyager rip-off in pure form" (LostStarTrekGate), whatever it means. So apparently there are people who think like you do.

I still like "Air" though. In fact the more I watch the more I like it.
            They have not seen BSG?
            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by last View Post
              So far i am very disappointed, I was bored at times and looked at the clock many time to see when it ended. If it continues like this im sure it will be cancelled.
              can see how you can bee disappointed its as we say in Ireland a deadly show

Comment

Originally posted by SG-ME View Post
                I just watched this episode and it felt just better than the other two.
                I'm getting used to the new drama style but it feels a lot like (dare i say it?) "Lost" to me.

Anyone else think that?

Well anyway I'm now looking forward to the next episodes now.
                Didn't get that feeling from parts one and two, but it did pass through my head watching part three. I *think* it's because of the "being followed around by a father (figure)" thing towards the end there. I only really watched the first season or so of Lost, but I remember Jack seeing visiony-things of his dad off and on.

I wasn't terribly keen on part three to be honest - I'd've preferred more ship/less sand - until the last 10 minutes or so and I started to get into it a bit. Just not used to the flavour yet, I guess.

Comment

How come the wife of a senator knows about the Stargate program? I was watching "Inauguration'" (SG-1 season 720) and president Hayes learned about the program just on his first day in office!!!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    How come the wife of a senator knows about the Stargate program? I was watching "Inauguration'" (SG-1 season 720) and president Hayes learned about the program just on his first day in office!!!

Probably because the Stargate has been becoming more and more common knowledge since then. Also, they have the device that Col. Mitchell brought back through the gate, that they can use to alter people's memories if they want to. They made a reference to it in the pilot when Eli asked if they'd make him forget what he saw, and Rush answered, "...something like that". So even though more people know about it, they also have the ability to control the knowledge better than they did before.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

All I can say is SGU is a utter dissapointment
                      You could walk out while watching Episode3 and come back in 15 minutes and still not miss anything.
                      I agree if the show continues like this it's "Game Over Man"
                      I think the script writer must be a 5 year old as anyone could write a better script then this.
                      Where are the "Lasers Firing and Staff Blasts" - I had to wonder if I was watching a low budget western.

"WE WANT SCI FI" - "WE WANT SCI FI" - "WE WANT SCI FI" - just type this on this website, maybe someone will hear.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasus7 View Post
                        All I can say is SGU is a utter dissapointment
                        You could walk out while watching Episode3 and come back in 15 minutes and still not miss anything.
                        I agree if the show continues like this it's "Game Over Man"
                        I think the script writer must be a 5 year old as anyone could write a better script then this.
                        Where are the "Lasers Firing and Staff Blasts" - I had to wonder if I was watching a low budget western.
                        Funn how the exact opposite is true. Any 5 year old could put laser blasts while it takes a real writer to put in depth and flaws to a character
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I hope the Senators daughter cries some more in the next episode I really can not wait, how exciting. Its just a thrill a minute.

Comment

I hope the Senators daughter cries some more in the next episode I really can not wait, how exciting. Its just a thrill a minute.
                            And how would you react if you father died right in front of you? She really didn't even cry in Air III
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              And how would you react if you father died right in front of you? She really didn't even cry in Air III
                              It's all cheap dramatic meaningless drivel. If people want to see a soppy show they can watch much more realistic soap operas with better actors. SGU to any REAL SCI FI fan is pathetic when it try's to take itself so serious, if people want this then go buy one of the million chick flicks out there which have nothing original in them. SGU is UNORIGINAL and the writers must be 5 year olds just taking peaces of LOST/BSG/VOYAGER and gluing them all together and hoping we will suck it up. They once were good at copying other SCI FI concepts - and spared the viewers the soppy SentiMENTAL garbage we see in the Senators daughter sequences which are way to long and should be edited to 1 third there length. The pace of the show is SOOOO SLOWWWWW, where is the comedy and real SCI FI action.
                              GAME OVER MAN ........... GAME OVER

Comment

Since you hate the show so much, why are you hoping what happens in the next episode? Usually when I don't like a show, I don't watch it and wonder what will happen in the next episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X