This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Wonder where they filmed this? I'm sure a lot of the background was CGI, but I thought the sand dunes they normally film at were shrinking. Sure was pretty though.
    New Mexico
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      I loved this ep - liked it much better than the first two parts. Here we are starting to see a bit more dimension in the characters, and I gotta say, I really liked Greer. Well...maybe I really liked Greer because he kicked whinyarse Rush's behind! That was a great scene, and I also loved the way he motivated Scott to get up and walk. Very satisfying episode. I liked the mystery of the sand creature, and didn't need it explained. I think my only complaint is the transportation stone thingys...I would much rather prefer the crew to be totally cut off from earth.

Yeah - this ep has me a bit more optimistic now.

das
      It felt a lot more like Stargate this episode. I loved it! I am loving the core male characters. Sadly, for the females only Tamara has my attention.

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
      I'm amazed at how people write these posts so quickly. They are so long.

I bet this is longer than my essay I Wrote for my college english class.
      LOL, don't ya know Jel probably wrote that during one of his classes?

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
      My first thought on this episode was "Did the same people who were involved in the previous Stargates involved in this?" The answer is 'yes' and that's surprising and I welcome it.

I loved the character building in this episode. Scott and Greer really came into focus.
      Yeah, Scott and Greer came up very into focus. However, this episode had Stargate written all over it, and that is why I loved this ep. You had Stargate with more character driven moments but still kept the plot at foot.

Originally posted by Landers View Post
      That scene at the end between Chloe and Scott was straight out of "As the Stargate Turns" and was totally cringe-worthy. Just where does Chloe get all that makeup anyway?
      Chloe is my least favorite character. The way she talks just annoys me. Thank goodness she did not have a major part in this ep and was not really the focus.

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      Well, I reckon about another 100,000 viewers will peel off after this one when the ratings come out for the next episode.
      Well most series tend to fall after their premiere no matter how good they are. Even W13 fell a tiny bit after it's first ep.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I'm not arguing what it accomplished. It showed some great character scenes for Chloe, TJ, and Telford. I just think the reason behind using the LRC was weak
        Not sure I agree. Considering part 3 began mere moments after part 2 ended, we can safely assume that only Rush had utilized the LRC prior to this. It makes perfect sense that Young would want to take the chance (i.e. Rush was off the ship) to check in with the SGC and see what was going on.

In fact, the only part that bothered me was that Young didn't immediately ask O'Neill whether he really put Rush in charge or not. Presumably they all just assumed Rush was lying anyways?

True. Sad but true
        This, on the other hand, I completely agree with
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Oh man. Now this is the kind of stuff I want to see more of. Some great character studies, a fantastic last 10-15 minutes along with some tense drama. Yes. Drama. In a Stargate show. Feels like it's been a while since we've seen something like that.

Rush, Greer, Scott and Young remain the most interesting characters on the show for me.

Greer in particular is turning into a pleasant surprise. His confrontation with Rush was a good one. These two people, two wildcards, who distrust/hate eachother and yet... they are so similar to one another. "Walk... or die here! It's your choice, Mister... decision maker." It was well played.

It's also interesting to note Scott's rather... depressing past. Both parents were dead by the time he was 4. The priest who raised him, drank himself to death because he had slept with a 16 year old girl. It's an interesting background for him to have.

Still have little to say about TJ and Camille at this point. Jack's observation that "none of us have ever been qualified to go through that thing" was almost a poignant one. I was pretty happy with the way RDA played that. He's still got it as far as I'm concerned.

And like I said, loved the last 10 or so minutes. The music ramping up and the desperation of it all. Excellent. Happy to say that I can't wait until the next episode (which is the first part of another two parter! Jeez! ). Well done.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            It felt a lot more like Stargate this episode. I loved it! I am loving the core male characters. Sadly, for the females only Tamara has my attention.
            Meet me outside Brian. I have two friends who want to talk to you

LOL, don't ya know Jel probably wrote that during one of his classes?
            Who in their right mind would have class at 10 PM on a Friday night. Besides class is where I take my naps.
            Yeah, Scott and Greer came up very into focus. However, this episode had Stargate written all over it, and that is why I loved this ep. You had Stargate with more character driven moments but still kept the plot at foot.
            Yeah this clearly had the old Stargate feel of we go to a planet, find and solve problem. The difference was more depth then we have seen in awhile.

Chloe is my least favorite character. The way she talks just annoys me. Thank goodness she did not have a major part in this ep and was not really the focus.
            Once again meet me outside. For me the voice doesn't annoy me and I like her angle of being a person like you or me. Their is nothing special about her

Well most series tend to fall after their premiere no matter how good they are. Even W13 fell a tiny bit after it's first ep.
            I predict a 1.5. Maybe a 1.4
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
              Not sure I agree. Considering part 3 began mere moments after part 2 ended, we can safely assume that only Rush had utilized the LRC prior to this. It makes perfect sense that Young would want to take the chance (i.e. Rush was off the ship) to check in with the SGC and see what was going on.

In fact, the only part that bothered me was that Young didn't immediately ask O'Neill whether he really put Rush in charge or not. Presumably they all just assumed Rush was lying anyways?
              But their was nothing new to report since Rush used the LRC. Their was no reason to report to Jack unless circumstances had changed
              Jelgate is right

Comment

But their was nothing new to report since Rush used the LRC. Their was no reason to report to Jack unless circumstances had changed
                And given Young's past, he's really supposed to trust that Rush actually reported events while at the SGC? Again, I can't say I agree that what Young did wasn't totally believable and (from his perspective, not the audience's) quite necessary.
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

And given Young's past, he's really supposed to trust that Rush actually reported events while at the SGC? Again, I can't say I agree that what Young did wasn't totally believable and (from his perspective, not the audience's) quite necessary.
                  But given his condition and everthing that was going on don't you think he had more important things to do?
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

But given his condition and everthing that was going on don't you think he had more important things to do?
                    No, until Rush and Eli and the gang reported back from the planet, everything was pretty stable on the ship at that moment.

Of course, Telford seemed to think differently
                    If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                    Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Well, technically his condition wouldn't come into play as he wouldn't be in his own body.

I can sort of see what you mean with having more important things to do, but there was still very little he might have been able to do while on the Destiny. They were really at the mercy of waiting to see what the off-world group brought back.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, technically his condition wouldn't come into play as he wouldn't be in his own body.

I can sort of see what you mean with having more important things to do, but there was still very little he might have been able to do while on the Destiny. They were really at the mercy of waiting to see what the off-world group brought back.
                        Their is plenty he could of done. The Destiny is still largely unexplored. What organizing the teams to make the life support system ready to take in the new mineral
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Am I correct to assume that telford will be making rounds on the destiny regularly ?

Comment

Jelgate, thanks for your answers to my questions on Page 8.

Believe me when I say I will give this chance, but so far just not thrilled, and I am by no means an action junkie.

I did like RDA in this episode... I thought he looked a little marshmallow-y in that first hour, pale and puffy. He looked better here.

Still don't want those whiny songs near the end of episodes.

Comment

Their is plenty he could of done. The Destiny is still largely unexplored.
                              But you'll notice that during the episode the majority of people were pretty much lying around and trying to reduce the rate at which CO2 was produced in the air. To have had a bunch of groups going and exploring would have defeated this purpose. Furthermore, a lot of them looked like they were in really bad shape due to the always-increasing CO2 levels.

What organizing the teams to make the life support system ready to take in the new mineral
                              People were doing this though. Remember they had all of those large bucket things lying around ready to be filled with new material?

It's easy for me to imagine that Young gave them temporary orders to work on while he was gone and told the rest to take it easy.
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

But you'll notice that during the episode the majority of people were pretty much lying around and trying to reduce the rate at which CO2 was produced in the air. To have had a bunch of groups going and exploring would have defeated this purpose. Furthermore, a lot of them looked like they were in really bad shape due to the always-increasing CO2 levels.

People were doing this though. Remember they had all of those large bucket things lying around ready to be filled with new material?

It's easy for me to imagine that Young gave them temporary orders to work on while he was gone and told the rest to take it easy.
                                We are getting away from the point I was trying to make. Surely their could have better reasons to say why Young needed to talk to O'Neill. I just think it makes little military sense to report to someone on the condition when nothing has changed.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X