No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes from 'Air'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Greer had a lot of great lines, and Scott saying "The man died so I could live. I'd like to know a little more about him."
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Daniel's video monologue. Michael Shanks' cadence rocks.

Rush's grinning face as he tells Young "We have a way out!"

Scott and Eli's bromantic bonding while searching the ship. Great writing/acting.

The space battle in the beginning. Totally cool.

The scene with Eli's mom. It really fleshed out Eli wonderfully.

And just in terms of coolness from Robert Carlyle, Rush smiling while on the balcony on the Destiny.
      Rush rocks.

Comment

1- Camille not flinching during the confrontation with Greer
        2- The opening sequence where the ship wakes up before they jump in.
        3- The scene where Rush is in the mess watching Chloe say that Eli will solve the problem with the gate then going back to cry in his quarters.
        4- The scene where Rush assembles the crew to tell them that he has contacted Earth and that he has been put in command and they all freak out on him.

Comment

The "who uses a whiteboard anymore!?" made me feel old. It must be school habit or something but when I'm jotting points or trying to work something out I always scratch it out on pencil and paper.. it makes you wonder how often school kids will actually write in a decade.

Comment

This thread made me crack up all over again! Yeah, there's lots of great lines and moments, both funny and serious. I particularly like 'save!', 'real subtle' and 'gumball machine'. Rush's "As human beings, all of them were invaluable" was indeed great, it shows that he's not callous about death, just focused.

A moment that made me laugh a little when I first saw it was when Eli got whacked by an arriving box - somehow he made it look hilarious. Another one I don't think has been mentioned is Jack's "We showed up, that happened" response to Eli saying that nothing happens when you win the puzzle
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The face David Blue made as Eli and Lt. Scott are about to go through the Stargate as the "away team" to the desert world near the end of Air Part 2. Precious.

I also loved everything everyone else mentioned above, except for the Rush quote (as human beings...). I didn't believe Rush. At all. Time will tell if he was sincere, but I get the feeling that the guy has no feelings.
              sigpic

If you have Twitter, end all your Tweets with #SGU! Here's why!

~*~*~Shal kek nem ron~*~*~

Comment

Oh yeah almost forgot -
                Eli taking a picture with his phone of the huge Railgun as soon as they beam down to Icarus (and also later on on the Destiny).
                sigpic

Comment

I also liked Eli's "Yes, that's right. It's true. I'm Math Boy."

I don't think anybody has mentioned the one by Sgt. Riley: "What happened to being smart?"
                  sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

It's only been half a day since I watched it and all these quotes are already bringing so much back I'll just second all of them! It was an emotional rollercoaster ride - one minute I'm laughing out loud, next minute I'm gripping the seat from the tension, next minute I have goosebumps from the humanity. It was just beautifully written and constructed IMO - I really liked the flashback style because it gave such a great dynamic to the pace.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ohhh, I forgot one! Eli taking a deep breath and then holding it just before going through the Icarus stargate. So funny, me and my friend were cracking up over that.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The scene where Camille confronts Greer stands out to me.

*Camille stares at Greer*
                        Greer: "What are you staring at?"
                        Camille: "You were in detention."
                        Greer: "Yeah..."
                        Camille: "For good reason."
                        Greer: "What did you want them to do? *Leave me there?

*When Greer said "Leave me there", his expression was awesome. I don't know. It just stood out to me.

I loved the Kino scenes and the gumball comment. Basically I loved all the quotes mentioned here.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

the sex scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Joben View Post
                            The "who uses a whiteboard anymore!?" made me feel old. It must be school habit or something but when I'm jotting points or trying to work something out I always scratch it out on pencil and paper.. it makes you wonder how often school kids will actually write in a decade.
                            True dat. I cannot remember where it was done, but with all the schools these days using computers (and the kids having them at home) they actually did a study of how well they could do english and math without any computer/cal help, and the numbers were dismal.

Comment

Originally posted by Delynn View Post
                              Time will tell if he was sincere, but I get the feeling that the guy has no feelings.
                              Uhh...crying in his room?

That looked like feelings to me.

...but, yeah, I did get the feeling that that whole speech was just to get Chloe off his case.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

YOUNG
                                "we need to get out of here"

RUSH
                                "we have a way out"

YOUNG
                                "we don't know what's on the other side, dammit rush"

WALLACE
                                "cant be worse than here, can it?"

i love it, how all these words are said in such a short time and then Wallace stating the obvious, in an attempt to make them stop arguing.

i LOVED that scene

Comment

Working...
                                X