No MALP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    They want to make a connection first. In SG1 a MALP was never ordered to be prepared until a lock was made. After all you do have 38 minutes
    Not true on many occasions when a unknown address was dialed for the first time a MALP was already in the gate room ready to be sent, why waste power while a MALP is prepared (Most times in SG-1 often a MALP had already been sent when the gate was dialed again for SG-1 to go through).

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
    Eli's math proof didnt work. It wasnt untill during the attack, he and Rush figured out the 9th chevron was some kind of code, i think.
    *Plans rewatch on Friday*
    True but at the time they were expecting it to work so there should have been a MALP already standing by in the gate room.
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Why have something laying around cluttering space if your not going to use it?
      Not to be repititious sir, but for emergencies.

Store it away until its needed.
      Then it should be stored where it would be needed.
      On the ramp and ready to go.

In emergency situations you should go to know locations anyway.
      I don't understand the meaning of this sentence.

They want to make a connection first. In SG1 a MALP was never ordered to be prepared until a lock was made. After all you do have 38 minutes
      That's not true on several occasions I recall the Malp on the ramp ready to go as soon as the lock was made. I recall the first test of the 9th Chevron the malp was in the room when the connection was made.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      Eli's math proof didnt work. It wasnt untill during the attack, he and Rush figured out the 9th chevron was some kind of code, i think.
      *Plans rewatch on Friday*
      That's correct.

Comment

I've confirmed SGA RISE

MALP on the PAD and ready to go.
        In front of the MALP is COLONEL SUMNER

JUST LIKE in SGU the SGC had all the supplies in the gate room.
        Only the MALP is missing in SGU.
        Clearly there is enough room on the PAD to walk around the MALP as Sumner does and to work on the MALP as is being done in SGA.

Another Plot Contrivance to make our story more "interesting".
        Just like Rush keeping his mouth closed about anything that may spoil the suspense in SGU and having nary a reason why time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
          Not true on many occasions when a unknown address was dialed for the first time a MALP was already in the gate room ready to be sent, why waste power while a MALP is prepared (Most times in SG-1 often a MALP had already been sent when the gate was dialed again for SG-1 to go through).

True but at the time they were expecting it to work so there should have been a MALP already standing by in the gate room.
          But after it failed, they wouldnt have just left it there. It would be put back (Wherever they keep them) untill they try again.
          sigpic

Comment

we're not debating whether they shoudl have gone through or if they could have shut the gate down (even though they couldnt because the planet was unstable), were talking about why they never bothered with a MALP

think about it, if you were drawing power from a planets core, A PLANETS CORE!, why would you keep the gate on longer than nessecary?

seems a little risky to me, seeing as you could, i dont know, destroy the planet, that why im pretty sure they would have had a malp nearby, maybe off to the side or in a room just out in the corridor, but for some reason they decided not to use it.

they could have ended up being captured by aliens and tortured for all their lives if they went through the gate. even though there was no other way out

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              we're not debating whether they shoudl have gone through or if they could have shut the gate down (even though they couldnt because the planet was unstable), were talking about why they never bothered with a MALP

think about it, if you were drawing power from a planets core, A PLANETS CORE!, why would you keep the gate on longer than nessecary?

seems a little risky to me, seeing as you could, i dont know, destroy the planet, that why im pretty sure they would have had a malp nearby, maybe off to the side or in a room just out in the corridor, but for some reason they decided not to use it.

they could have ended up being captured by aliens and tortured for all their lives if they went through the gate. even though there was no other way out
              Their was nothing to indicate under normal circumstances that dialing the gate would harm the planet.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Their was nothing to indicate under normal circumstances that dialing the gate would harm the planet.
                still your messing with a planets core, that a lot of energy your tapping into.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                  Remember Scott shouting through a on way worm hole to slow down the evacuation?
                  XD i totally missed that one

But there was also no indication it would be a smooth ride. In fact, the gate started overloading and sparking when Rush did it wrong with Eli.

Its something Saquist said, they looked completely unprepared for anything, even stepping through the gate without the attack.

Also it would be wise to prepare a MALP before you dial the gate, as systems on the MALP might be not functional, broken or damaged. In that case you would have wasted a dial because you need the MALP replaced or repaired.

Preperation for the unexpected on this base should have been top priority.
                  Nobody knew what would happen if they dialed the 9th chevron, it could lead to their imminent destruction or to Funland.
                  For this reason the preparations we saw seemed really incompetent.
                  I am still amazed that in the whole evacuation nobody thought about taking a Naquadah generator with them, like in SGA. The supplies should have been at the gate easily accessible.

Essentials on a trip through the gate into the unknown:

Food
                  Weapons
                  Power Source
                  Communication
                  Nuke (optional)
                  Last edited by AdamTM; 26 March 2010, 06:19 AM.
                  Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

still your messing with a planets core, that a lot of energy your tapping into.
                    I highly doubt its the first time they have dialed the gate from Icarus and I bet tons of tests have been done
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
                      XD i totally missed that one

But there was also no indication it would be a smooth ride. In fact, the gate started overloading and sparking when Rush did it wrong with Eli.

Its something Saquist said, they looked completely unprepared for anything, even stepping through the gate without the attack.

Also it would be wise to prepare a MALP before you dial the gate, as systems on the MALP might be not functional, broken or damaged. In that case you would have wasted a dial because you need the MALP replaced or repaired.

Preperation for the unexpected on this base should have been top priority.
                      Nobody knew what would happen if they dialed the 9th chevron, it could lead to their imminent destruction or to Funland.
                      For this reason the preparations we saw seemed really incompetent.
                      I am still amazed that in the whole evacuation nobody thought about taking a Naquadah generator with them, like in SGA. The supplies should have been at the gate easily accessible.

Essentials on a trip through the gate into the unknown:

Food
                      Weapons
                      Power Source
                      Communication
                      Nuke (optional)
                      Okay, I didn't even realize that..
                      That is a really really good catch.

They had something like 6 generators on SGA.
                      All this stuff was IN the gate room on Atlantis.

Of course I'm looking at that as a writer's contrivance to setup Darkness and Light in the despair and suspense they wanted.
                      Can't call the episode Darkenss if you got a handy 2 foot long generator powering your appliances, I guess.

You know I look at these kind of things and it seems like the show rather than trying hard to create a real suspense and drama is having to force it just like Michael Shanks said. Some of this stuff you can over look but all together it kinda spoils anything I liked about what I did see. It's like they know what they're doing and they're doing it any way.

Comment

I highly doubt its the first time they have dialed the gate from Icarus and I bet tons of tests have been done
                        not since tapping into the planets core, remember what scott said, its too dangerous to use the gate when tapped into the planets core.

it would be like connecting an alarm clock to a nuclear reactor and letting the full amount of power through, your gonna screw up the alarm clock just be tryign and probably cause a bad-ass melt down in the process, WHY RISK IT?

Comment

not since tapping into the planets core, remember what scott said, its too dangerous to use the gate when tapped into the planets core.

it would be like connecting an alarm clock to a nuclear reactor and letting the full amount of power through, your gonna screw up the alarm clock just be tryign and probably cause a bad-ass melt down in the process, WHY RISK IT?
                          Scott said about people dialing into Icarus. It seems like they have used the Icarus gate to dial other planets numerous times before since they only prevent incoming dailing
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                            You know I look at these kind of things and it seems like the show rather than trying hard to create a real suspense and drama is having to force it just like Michael Shanks said. Some of this stuff you can over look but all together it kinda spoils anything I liked about what I did see. It's like they know what they're doing and they're doing it any way.
                            Exactly my point.
                            Btw, out of curiosity, where did Shanks say that? can you provide a link?
                            Later, AdamTM

I swear a lot, just take it as my attempt at honesty.

Stargate Atlantis Unlimited

Stargate Universe - BSG Style

Stargate Universe - Monk Style

SGU SUCKS

Comment

Scott said about people dialing into Icarus. It seems like they have used the Icarus gate to dial other planets numerous times before since they only prevent incoming dailing
                              maybe so but they hadnt dialled somethign like the 9th chevron before, they had no clue how much power it would take and as so would have had a MALP close by just in case they could only keep the gate open for a few minutes.

Comment

maybe so but they hadnt dialled somethign like the 9th chevron before, they had no clue how much power it would take and as so would have had a MALP close by just in case they could only keep the gate open for a few minutes.
                                The Stargate doesn't work that way. When you dial the gate the enmorous energy is to get a lock not to keep it open
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X