Grey event horizon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
    If the gate, regardless of the model, is designed to create a wormhole then regardless of the gate model, the basic wormhole should remain the same.

I never noticed the changes in colour between the franchises so never thought about it twice!

Either way...changes to these things are detrimental to canon as now people can say, well based on the colour of the wormhole, these certain "conditions" can now be explained in some lame ass manner.

Consistency people!

the fact that hyperspace in Pegasus is green as opposed to blue in the MW irks me more, infact i like the silvery colour. it goes better with the black and white gates and the general feel of the show.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

The issue here isn't wether it looks better or not (it does imo) but the fact that its different.

My guess is theres no real reason for it other then the looks but if you really really need a reason you can try the "event horizon color is influenced by the gate itself" since different gates may create and or stabilize the event horizon in a slightly different fashion.
      In the end, no one knows exactly what it would look like in reality so

Comment

Working...
      X