No announcement yet.

Daniel's Training videos /DJ's videos on MGM site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These videos should actually be released to us, maybe on the mgm website or on a season 1 box set.. Along with Eli's photos he has taken on his phone.

That would be a good thing

Comment

Probably about Ascension, perhaps the accomplishments of SG-1. Maybe one about the Atlantis Expedition, the Wraith, the Goa'uld, the Lucian Alliance, the Asgard, the Ancients, the Stargate and who knows what more

Comment

They probably use an undisclosed codex, I can see Daniel's safety video. Now Chances are your chances of revival are slim to none, so watch yourself
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

haha, i thought the Daniel videos were really good.

Wow, so even the Ancients had to live with DRM and the DCMA?? That doesn't exactly inspire confidence for our hopes of moving past that ;P

Comment

I loved the training video scene, and afterward thought of a great add for them if the Stargate program ever becomes public knowledge. Inspired by the video scene and by the conversation between Eli and Rush about Ascension when Rush says there is more than one video.

"Hi I'm Dr. Daniel Jackson. Are you confused about the Stargate? Does the new information your learning everyday about the Stargate program leave you more and more confused? I have the solution for you right here in my video Beginners Guide to the Stargate.

And right now you can take advantage of a very special offer! Along with Beginners Guide to the Stargate I will include my 12 Steps to Ascension Because traveling through the galaxy is dangerous, being in the proper frame of mind will (hopefully) prevent your death if you are stabbed, shot, poisoned, or otherwise fatally injured. By following my helpful 12-step program you can ascend to a higher plane of existence instead of heading off to the afterlife.*"
            Also by Dr. Daniel Jackson Coping with life after Ascension the perfect book for former Ascended Being who for whatever reason (voluntary or otherwise) have re-taken corporal form. This handy guide video helps you to settle into a normal life and deal with all those pesky problems, such as significant memory loss.

*Neither Dr. Jackson nor any SGC personnel or affiliates can guarantee the success of an individual attempting to Ascend without the aid of an Ascended being. Dr. Jackson, the SGC, and affiliates cannot be subject to civil or criminal charges in the result that an attempt at Ascension should fail.
            sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
              These videos should actually be released to us, maybe on the mgm website or on a season 1 box set.. Along with Eli's photos he has taken on his phone.

That would be a good thing
              I think that will a good to get people up speed on sga and sg1 so they can find out about the back story of the stargates and more. Put them on the dvd's / blue ray and on demand

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post
                I loved the training video scene, and afterward thought of a great add for them if the Stargate program ever becomes public knowledge. Inspired by the video scene and by the conversation between Eli and Rush about Ascension when Rush says there is more than one video.

"Hi I'm Dr. Daniel Jackson. Are you confused about the Stargate? Does the new information your learning everyday about the Stargate program leave you more and more confused? I have the solution for you right here in my video Beginners Guide to the Stargate.

And right now you can take advantage of a very special offer! Along with Beginners Guide to the Stargate I will include my 12 Steps to Ascension Because traveling through the galaxy is dangerous, being in the proper frame of mind will (hopefully) prevent your death if you are stabbed, shot, poisoned, or otherwise fatally injured. By following my helpful 12-step program you can ascend to a higher plane of existence instead of heading off to the afterlife.*"
                Also by Dr. Daniel Jackson Coping with life after Ascension the perfect book for former Ascended Being who for whatever reason (voluntary or otherwise) have re-taken corporal form. This handy guide video helps you to settle into a normal life and deal with all those pesky problems, such as significant memory loss.

*Neither Dr. Jackson nor any SGC personnel or affiliates can guarantee the success of an individual attempting to Ascend without the aid of an Ascended being. Dr. Jackson, the SGC, and affiliates cannot be subject to civil or criminal charges in the result that an attempt at Ascension should fail.

Sad as it may sound.... I think I'd buy that! <green>
                sigpic

Teal'c: Trust in me, O'Neill.
                Col. O'Neill: What if I'm not O'Neill?
                Teal'c: Then I was not talking to you.

Half of the Chevron 7.3 Honeymoon couple!!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  i'm not seeing how the tapes are any more of a security risk than say.....the stacks of sg team reports, all the technology they've brought back, or any of the aliens that seem to be living on earth these days. I'm guessing those videos are kept exclusively at the SGC and on the 304's. hell the 304's probably have their own set too for an introduction to the ships....kinda like "Hi! I'm Colonel Steven Caldwell"

I would hope they wouldn't be using tapes.

Comment

It's no more of a risk than a mission report. One assumes that it was filmed 'in-house.'
                    It's actually a clever way to bring new employees up to speed with out wasting time repeating the same thing to each new person. And Daniel was the perfect choice. Loved the video scene. (I just wish it hadn't provided half the humor in the show. *sigh*). I especially loved 'Hi! I'm Daniel Jackson! You've been hearing the term hyperspace for years--' *snicker*

ROTFL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                      I think that will a good to get people up speed on sga and sg1 so they can find out about the back story of the stargates and more. Put them on the dvd's / blue ray and on demand
                      Oh, what a great idea that would be! Though it's more fun to watch the shows.

I agree it's an in-joke on Daniel (they should have thrown McKay or Sam in there, too).

But I also think they're taking a poke at the scifi in Stargate. Some people take that canon and continuity pretty seriously, and I think this might be TPTB's way of communicating how things will be in SGU, as if the audience is Eli- just look at the poor guy's reaction! I think they're saying, "Yeah, here's this enormous amount of techy stuff we did, don't worry about it, you're not going to need it going forward."

From the debates going on about FTL vs. hyperdrive, the need for an ancient gene (or not), why the Hammond couldn't handle three ha'taks, and coming out of the gate at high speed, I think the de-emphasis on the science part of science fiction is already happening, and fans have noticed. But TPTB wanted a more accessible show, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiphias View Post
                        What if they only kept encrypted digital copies, aboard ships. Anyone already aboard could just tell people about the Stargate program.
                        you would think they would allready know about tthe program b4 going aboard it they were crew. ppl tend to wonder where the hyperspace generators came from lol, not an easy question to answer unless they use ebay

Comment

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
                          you would think they would allready know about tthe program b4 going aboard it they were crew. ppl tend to wonder where the hyperspace generators came from lol, not an easy question to answer unless they use ebay
                          Eli didn't know.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Eli didn't know.

i think i should have been more clear, i was mainly refferint to crew. sorry i didnt make that apparent

although some of the posts here pointing out that there are hundreds of sgc and 304 personal and they cant all read all the reports is very true and a good point i think

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora24 View Post

LMFAO, ROTFL!! Green for you! *runs off to Amazon.com to buy his copies from Stargate-aholics Anonymous in conjuction with the USAF & IOA*.

Comment

I almost expected O'Neill to come out at the end to say, "College football is played on Saturdays; pro on Sundays. And there are no fish in my pond."

Comment

Working...
                                X