No announcement yet.

Icarus Base attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mainly estimates. I just timed the fight in Allies and it actually clocks in at 3 minutes, though this is going by the time of the episode and of course probably wouldn't reflect the actual time the battle was going on for. But for arguments sake, call it 3 minutes.

Worth noting as well, when the Phoenix was attacked, she wasn't hit with her shields down either, so all that damage was done with her shields up. Three hives, 1 minute 20 seconds, and given the Phoenix had beam weapons as well. Point is, our shields certainly can't hold up for extended periods (the battle in Air is probably the best a 304 has performed).
    ~*+*~nEvEr ArGuE WiTh aN iDiOt - ThEy WiLL jUsT dRaG yOu DoWn To ThEiR LeVeL aNd BeAt YoU WiTh ExPeRiEnCe~*+*~

Comment

Originally posted by Azriel View Post
      Mainly estimates. I just timed the fight in Allies and it actually clocks in at 3 minutes, though this is going by the time of the episode and of course probably wouldn't reflect the actual time the battle was going on for. But for arguments sake, call it 3 minutes.

Worth noting as well, when the Phoenix was attacked, she wasn't hit with her shields down either, so all that damage was done with her shields up. Three hives, 1 minute 20 seconds, and given the Phoenix had beam weapons as well. Point is, our shields certainly can't hold up for extended periods (the battle in Air is probably the best a 304 has performed).
      Well it may actually be shorter than 3 minutes, events on screen could be happened simultaneously but regardless you are right on your final point the Hammond's shields preformed well.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Hattak is Russian and Russian spy deactivated the asgard system. This is the most logical explanation. No worse than the others.
        Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
        SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

I have always assumed that the Asgard shields and the beam weapons were quite energy intensive.
          If that is the case then Carter had to make a choice...try and fight three of them and get the shields depleted, or hold them off and prevent them from turning their main guns on the Icarus base?

Comment

I looked to see if there was another thread discussing this, but couldn't find a specific one, maybe its discussed in the 200+ pages of general discussion posts.

My thoughts... If there wasn't a spy on the base or at SGC, could it just be that whoever attacked picked up the huge power surge/signature that was created to dial the 9chevron address. When they picked up the power signature during a routine scan, they may have been concerned as to the use of such power, maybe worried that it was a massive weapon being developed and decided just to quickly destroy it.

Or could it be someone from the future that has come back to try to stop us before getting onto the destiny because we get ourselves into loads of trouble and destroying that timeline was the only thing they could think of that would stop everything before it started.

I can't remeber when they discovered the address in the ancient texts, was it even mentioned in another series? if so who else may have had access to that information?

Comment

Honestly,

I think someone on the ship is a spy. I got the impression they were setting up for that and I think
              Spoiler:
              there was some mention about a spy in future episode guides, if I remember correctly.

There was a deleted scene in Stargate Atlantis where they were talking about the 9th Chevron in Season 5. I only watched it once so I can't tell you much about the details but they said it was something they had to take out though they planned to use it as a tie in to the new series.

I believe that scene was between McKay and Zelenka. (Did I spell that right?)

- CB
              Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
              Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

They stated in the episode that it was the lucian alliance.

Spoiler:
                there's also apparently a spy for the alliance on board the destiny

As for the address........this is the first time we've heard of it. It was simply and excuse for where the address came from.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

They guessed, not stated, that it was the Lucian alliance:

YOUNG: What've you got, Colonel? Lucian Alliance?

CARTER: That would be my guess. They haven't introduced themselves. They started shooting the minute they came out of hyperspace. Our shields are holding, but we're not the target.

[From gateworlds transcript of the episode]

Comment

Um, how do these people end up working for the US government if they have no idea what kind of credentials, paperwork and sorts are needed for a government job...not to mention a background check and references. It seems pretty retarded that there would be a spy on board the destiny.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

actually, we know the goauld had brainwashing technology that only activated due to some stimulation. someone like Young could've done something without anyone knowing. telford too, anyone. that's the beautifull thing.

besides, if the goauld used their technology properly, earth would've been a barren wasteland by season 2

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                        Um, how do these people end up working for the US government if they have no idea what kind of credentials, paperwork and sorts are needed for a government job...not to mention a background check and references. It seems pretty retarded that there would be a spy on board the destiny.
                        Spoiler:
                        Zatarcs.

Comment

"They stated in the episode that it was the lucian alliance."

Spoiler:
                          actually they didn't definitively state is was the Lucian Alliance. I think Carter and Jack speculated about a couple possibilities and one of them was the Lucian Alliance, if my failing memory serves me right.

Comment

Originally posted by ipfnd View Post
                            "They stated in the episode that it was the lucian alliance."

Spoiler:
                            actually they didn't definitively state is was the Lucian Alliance. I think Carter and Jack speculated about a couple possibilities and one of them was the Lucian Alliance, if my failing memory serves me right.
                            Actually, you're completely right. They never once said who it was specifically, and nobody saw any ground troops
                            Spoiler:
                            before the planet blew up.
                            Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                            Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

One character asks Carter if its the Lucian Alliance, she says something like "Looks like it, but they haven't said hello yet. They opened fire the moment they dropped out of hyperspace."

Personally, I think it was the Lucian Alliance drawn by the energy surge, hoping to either take the cause of the surge or destroy it. However, we've never seen the Lucian Alliance have large numbers of ground troops, so who knows.

Its possible it was a Goa'uld trying to gain power in the new galactic scene.

Comment

Icarus base attack; Who and Why?
                                i think the only way to answer this, is to tune in coming friday

Comment

Working...
                                X