Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the beginning of Air Pt 1, when the ship came out of hyperspace and it slowly came up to the screen, along with the music...i expected a very deep voice to surface and say. "Space...the final frontier".

Did anyone else feel like this could of happened?

sigpic

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if someone did that for a fan flick cut job..

Comment

About Chloe's drinking frenzy...

Anyone wondered what TPTB wanted to show us about Chloe when she was at the dining table, and her father, senator Armstrong was doing a speech (saying that Chloe was the one who had the idea to introduce the puzzle in a video game); Chloe was drinking compulsively, like she was very embarrassed or annoyed or crazy..

I found this bit strange.
        Was she mad at him or just didn't want to have the spotlight on her?

Comment

I was just wondering why, in Tamaras flashback (about half an hour in), Camille asks her "if Colonel O'Neill know about this". Why Colonel? Was it so long ago or was it a mistake? Or did I hear wrong ? I've Sky+ it so I'll check again!

Comment

Wray said Colonel Young
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus Base View Post
              At the beginning of Air Pt 1, when the ship came out of hyperspace and it slowly came up to the screen, along with the music...i expected a very deep voice to surface and say. "Space...the final frontier".

Did anyone else feel like this could of happened?

no cause i knew i was watching starGATE
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ok, so i was rewatching Air part 1; and it dawned on me, yes, they had people taking the expedition supplies through the gate - but if you pay attention, no one wheeled that giant water container on board, and on top of that, why have everyone carry 1-2 things when you could simply have 3-4 soliders (2 on the ground near the gate where the supplies were, and 1-2 on the ramp) handing each other supplies and just tossing them through - now granted, they were under attack, but they had 6 minutes to get as much through as possible. Also, why havent they started looking through the ancient crates that were left there yet? hmmm?
                LANDRY: You’re just mad you didn’t get to fly the maiden voyage yourself.

: General, I am quite fond of both maidens and voyages. I mean, put the two together and ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtHawk View Post
                  Ok, so i was rewatching Air part 1; and it dawned on me, yes, they had people taking the expedition supplies through the gate - but if you pay attention, no one wheeled that giant water container on board, and on top of that, why have everyone carry 1-2 things when you could simply have 3-4 soliders (2 on the ground near the gate where the supplies were, and 1-2 on the ramp) handing each other supplies and just tossing them through - now granted, they were under attack, but they had 6 minutes to get as much through as possible. Also, why havent they started looking through the ancient crates that were left there yet? hmmm?
                  i think it's because people thought they were going to EARTH! so they only took their personnal belongings that they didn't want to see destroyed...
                  but.... surprise surprise!

Comment

Hi,

I am watching The History Channel and a new Windows 7 commerical come on and on the computer screen in the commerical is.... the distruction of the Icirus Base (sorry for spelling) from the first episode of SGU, Air part 1, along with a Lucian Alliance controlled Goa'uld Mother Ship.

The commerical starts wit with a British guy, tyrone, being flown to Texas because he wants a PC to be an entertainment machine and they show the computer they made for him to him and that's when you see the SGU shots.

Has anyone else seen this?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by candylyn View Post
                      Hi,

I am watching The History Channel and a new Windows 7 commerical come on and on the computer screen in the commerical is.... the distruction of the Icirus Base (sorry for spelling) from the first episode of SGU, Air part 1, along with a Lucian Alliance controlled Goa'uld Mother Ship.

The commerical starts wit with a British guy, tyrone, being flown to Texas because he wants a PC to be an entertainment machine and they show the computer they made for him to him and that's when you see the SGU shots.

Has anyone else seen this?
                      YouTube link:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znADMag_B9s

GateWorld Forum Thread:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71732
                      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

First time trying this sort of stuff, but anyways all opinions in this solely belong to me

Air Part 1
                        -------------------------------
                        Boy the moments before the first seconds of the episode were unbearable, I had been waiting for ages for this. I wasn't dissapointed at the first scene at all, great views on the ship and score by Goldsmith yet again .

Scenes after that were average I guess, the camera work was hard getting used to, because I am a die hard Stargate fan, but the camera work removes a key stargate element for me. Ah yes now for the part that seemed pointless for the pilot, the sex scene. In later episodes this James/Scott thing was never followed up and I hope it does eventually, seemed like a pointless scene.

Good to see some Old faces in there, Jack......sort of, Carter in command of a ship, awesome, makes me think back to "ye good olde days"

Left me wanting more, however my main criticism is that we didn't see an inter-base fight. Would of loved that but didn't happen.

Anyways Solid episode, could of been better for a Pilot yes but

3/5 Stars
                        Tst

Comment

this may have been mentioned before - pardon if it has. by the way i really did enjoy the pilot and most of the other eps so far:

okay. how did eli call his mom from the hammond, while its in hyperspace, even if before, i thought phones wouldnt work from up there.

the flash backs and forwards really helped to show what was going on w/the crewmembers before during and after the escape from Icarus, it was really awesome. I was a bit thrown w/the flow of them but they worked out. I was pretty surprised Icarus was attacked, & at that not long after the arrival of eli, chloe, the senator etc [seemed they werent there long anyway]. action packed, carter and o'neill were great too. a bit brief though, made me want to find out what the story w/the crew is....what was in the case young HAD to bring w/him, whole bunch of things!

one other thing that seemed cool, just before the gate from icarus dials on destiny - lights on the ship seem to come on. like its 'waking up'. [or someones already there and whatnot].
                          Last edited by timebandit; 05 February 2010, 08:06 PM.
                          ....Its what I do!

Comment

okay. how did eli call his mom from the hammond, while its in hyperspace, even if before, i thought phones wouldnt work from up there.
                            Subspace communication, relayed through the ship's systems.
                            He used a headset so we don't know if it was connected to a mobile or directly to the ship.

one other thing that seemed cool, just before the gate from icarus dials on destiny - lights on the ship seem to come on. like its 'waking up'
                            I loved that part. Great way to start.
                            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              my honest opinion?
                              Spoiler:
                              a poor entry into the "stargte "verse" , too much sex and too much of a soap. Unlikeable characters, jerky camera work (Yeah I know it's the "style"- still don't like it!), too many "long shots" of the destiny, someone please shoot rush...PLEASE???
                              Rush's character is designed to do just that; as many people say, "You love to hate him."

Keepin that in mind, I find this series to lack at least 90% the Stargate essence which endearred fans to the the frist 2 Stargate shows. I dunno-perhaps droppin the name Stargate from the show kinda like the Star Trek series did to Enterprise might work better--show arguably could have some merits on its own.

In this first episode, I like Young's chara cter but that's it.
                              If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                              [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubus View Post
                                I'd just like to know if the writers were told BSG has finished?

Rush = Gyus
                                Young = Adama
                                The IOA woman will surely become the president
                                The young Lieutenant will be like the son of Adama.

It was full of complaints, whiners, whingers, what was it lets look deep into the characters physco make up and see what their emotions are saying??

Give us entertainment not some show that we want to go and shoot ourselves.

This has 2 Seasons Max unless you sack the current writing staff and change the direction immensely.
                                interesting character correlations here

agree w/ Rush=Gyus n Young=Adama

don't think Camille Wray's worthy comparin to Laura Roslin tho; Roslin has much more good intentions even tho she's addle-headed sometimes

Lt. Scott is much less competent than Captain/Major/Commander Lee Adama tho at commandin
                                If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                                [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Working...
                                X