This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    From what i have gathered, since the ship is supposed to operate unmanned, i doubt it has any facilities..
    Ah, but the Ancients were planning to gate onto it eventually, so it should.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I wonder if the Destiny has shields. In theory it should but if TPTB want BSG/old school, I can see Destiny having just ablative armour, which has failed years ago on certain areas of the ship.

Comment

anybody thrown off by the speed at which people came tumbling out of the gate at the beginning? people seemed to go in in an orderly fashion but they literally came flying through at the other end.

i missed the first half hour of the show last night, so all i saw at the time was the entrance into the wormhole. when i saw the beginning of the show today, i had no idea that the pile-up of people was supposed to be the exit from that same trip. very confusing. (i'm pretty sure sam said that the speed at which you enter is the speed at which you exit.)

on another note, it bothers me that the only black person of significance so far is someone who is supposed to be in detention and that the hr person's first thought on seeing him is that he should be locked up. way to go.

my first impression of eli and rush was that they must be sgu's mckay and zelenka. "oh those must be the nerds." when will those stereotypes be broken? the premise of getting a younger, edgier person by selecting him from a video game is a tad shaky in my book.

i didn't like the senator, well really it's his executive bouffant. when chloe said she loved him, i thought "if you loved him so much why didn't you get his hair fixed?" :/ i'm glad they offed him.

not sure how i feel about the show overall. i'm not as negative about it as the above comments probably suggest, but i also don't think it's going to be an sga rising for me, which i can watch (the first half at least) over and over again with enjoyment. i am going to watch it again and stay tuned for future eppies.

oh, a question i haven't looked around to see if this has been discussed already: there was a fanfic that this seems a lot like. i think it was stargate: destiny. it had to do with an ancient ship traveling around picking up life forms from various planets that was supposed to coordinate with the thing on dakara to reseed life in the galaxy. is anyone familiar with it? and did anyone else feel there was a resemblance?

cheers,
        e

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
          I wonder if the Destiny has shields. In theory it should but if TPTB want BSG/old school, I can see Destiny having just ablative armour, which has failed years ago on certain areas of the ship.
          Spoiler:
          Yes, it does. At least, it does have emergency energy shields that go up when there is a breach in the hull. We saw it when Scott, Riley, and James were trying to open the door and with the damaged Shuttle.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Well, it does have force field technology, so I hazard a guess that it will have some kind of shield.

Comment

I would assume she has shilds...however one thing that caught my eye a few times are the Cannons on this baby. I have to rewind my DVR a few times to get a good look at them. You see the first one in the opening sequence right before you see the shuttles.

Comment

Nice start to a promising show IMO. Just got to watch it.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by altimasmitty View Post
                  I would assume she has shilds...however one thing that caught my eye a few times are the Cannons on this baby. I have to rewind my DVR a few times to get a good look at them. You see the first one in the opening sequence right before you see the shuttles.
                  So I wasn't seeing a trick of the light! I thought I saw some nasty-looking weaponry, but wasn't sure. I can't wait to see the Destiny in action!
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                    Whatever did happen to Telford? He was on all promos, he was in the show until the evac, where did he go?
                    Look for him in 'Air, Part 3'.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      Look for him in 'Air, Part 3'.
                      Yeah, we should see more of him this coming Friday.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So Chloe is the one responsible for embedding the mathematical problem into the game? It's all her fault!
                        sigpic

Comment

I hate BSG I hate BSG I hate BSG I hate BSG
                          SGU is clon BSG .
                          Eli Wallace - how he was found I saw in the 90s in the American science-fiction film. In that film as a pilot for the spacecraft selected. And he flew into the motership remember and then blew it. yess. But this guy probably the most old school. But the name he gave for drone is clearly not in subject. Kino oh yeahh and Dr. Nicholas Rush as Viktor Tsoi... (Whoever does not understand, see wiki)

The rest of "stylish" characters seem to be cross as hamsters in different combinations. fu.c.k on wide screen ... ou and in space. Yes really in space...
                          But Eli not so "stylish" and therefore immune from this.

Ship or should be in perfect condition, or should long ago have become a pile of debris over millions of years, rather than wait for the visitors.

And when the Dr. Nicholas Rush is looking pictures at home and crying that makes our flag on his wall?

Pfff for me this is all is crap. boring clon BSG. yes for BSG fan this give a lot fun. But not for me.
                          From my POV Air rating is 40 % and I hope Khattak were Russian and came to shoot this stupid idea.
                          But i old stile gaters and form affected by spermtoxicosis newager BSG fan's before release of air "Caprica" - finding.
                          If you like BSG see SGU that you will enjoy much more, because all that you do not like BSG removed. More 90210 an low depression. But..... this is not for me... for me this as some garbadge and very little pile with Sam Carter, Jack O'Neill, DDD and Eli maybe not bad.
                          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                            the intro of eli was "borrowed" from a rather horrible teen scifi movie of the 80's called the last starfighter.... they need some original ideas. (or atleast borrow them from decent shows )
                            The Last Starfighter (1984) YESSSS thank I could not remember.
                            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

i think the last starfighter thing would have been much better if they hung a lantern on it, i mean eli is probably the kinda person who would have seen it so im surprised he didnt comment

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
                                The Last Starfighter (1984) YESSSS thank I could not remember.
                                the movie was very forgettable

Comment

Working...
                                X