TJ/Varro SHIP - a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I have PM? You could email to [email protected]

(Let me know what you think of my fic too, please, if you read it!)

Comment

Let me get everything situated on my computer - stupid computer - and I'll send it right over.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Forgot to mention - Loved the story! I've got it saved. Didn't comment at your LJ because I think I somehow got signed out and I frankly don't remember my password.
        sigpic

Comment

It's quiet around here . . . .

I wrote a couple more TJ/Varro fics:

Hold On - an episode tag for 'Epilogue'; TJ tries to let Varro off the hook on account of her grim prospects for the future, but he's having none of it. (not a direct sequel to Warrior, but meant to take place in the same 'verse as that and http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7197217/1/Parameter (which is Rush/Amanda Perry), and assumes a semi-established relationship.)

Lost and Found
          - also takes place between 'Epilogue' and 'Blockade'; a conversation between Varro and Vanessa James. (It's TJ/Varro, though TJ's not actually in this one). Occurs in same 'verse as stories above.

(I have a pairing in mind for poor James, but at face value it's sorta cracktastic . . we'll see if I manage to work it into the storyline in future fics. )

Comment

I'm off and reading!

Out of curiosity, what sort of cracktastic ship could you/do you have in store for Lt James?
            sigpic

Comment

Great stories, Whiskers!

Are we far enough from the end of SGU so I can post S2 pics?

sigpic

Comment

Oh I love that Pic Ever!!! those 2 are sooooo cute together I am soooo mad we are not going to get official confirmation for this ship
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  Out of curiosity, what sort of cracktastic ship could you/do you have in store for Lt James?
                  I was thinking of pairing her with Volker. They don't have much in common exactly, but I think they have a sort of . . similarity of attitude?

Comment

I adore that pic of them! That and this one...

are more than enough to convince me of their being canon.
                    sigpic

Comment

I like this ship. I was never a fan of TJ/Young but then again I was never a fan of Sam/Jack (I'm a SD-shipper til the day I die).

The way I see it is TJ fell for Young because of his leadership and authority but his marriage and the military situation is what broke them up before they got stranded together. When she ended up stranded on Novus there was no more military to prevent anything and Young jumped head on into leading the people as they created their community without Rush to undermine him. To me, that kind of hero worship strengthened her feelings and reignited that relationship.

The good thing is that in the current timeline not only does the military boundary still exist but Varro has made leaps in her eyes; after all, he helped save Homeworld from the bomb, helped track the creature and rescue her, they had a near kiss, and he saved her from falling and fell himself. These things did NOT happen in the Novus timeline.

Much like how Sam/Jack didn't have any memories in "Beneath the Surface", or her civilian status and Daniel never joining the program in two alternate universes ("There but for the Grace of God" and "Point of View"), or Jacob never died so Sam DID marry Pete (Black team in "Ripple Effect") or even Earth finds out about the StarGate program and Atlantis is never discovered so McKay stays on Earth and dominos into - probably Pete never proposing or being turned down and - Sam marries Rodney instead ("The Road Not Taken").

Changes in experiences/memories change relationships. So, much like Sam/Jack, TJ/Young are not "meant to be" just because they got together in another timeline.
                      Unconventional Shipper and Proud of it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the Varro/Tamara ship!

They're the main reason I watched SGU - that and Mike Dopud is just delicious! Anyway, I'm still thinking my way through why Tamara made her choices. You've made some interesting points.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                          Welcome to the Varro/Tamara ship!

They're the main reason I watched SGU - that and Mike Dopud is just delicious! Anyway, I'm still thinking my way through why Tamara made her choices. You've made some interesting points.
                          I mean other than the laughriot she had about the erectile dysfunction, TJ rarely has fun moments to laugh or even smile. Even something so small as the fact that Varro got her to laugh a little before the Senator is brought in to talk to her could be a critical building block that was missing in Novus but is present in the current timeline.
                          Unconventional Shipper and Proud of it!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoshi_Reed View Post
                            Changes in experiences/memories change relationships. So, much like Sam/Jack, TJ/Young are not "meant to be" just because they got together in another timeline.
                            Totally agreed (and in fact, sort of how I had TJ think on the subject herself, in a recent fic . . . ). There's a lot of emotional baggage behind either relationship choice, for TJ, in terms of what role either man played in the loss of her child. Neither road is going to be easy. But, I think that Varro, despite being a former enemy, has always treated her respectfully (even when she was still an enemy). The fact that her relationship with Young started as an extramarital affair and that he had absolutely no intention of leaving his wife for her, is disrespectful of her, IMO (wasn't a great decision on her part either). I don't know that I'd be saying that if he had been estranged from his wife . . . no, not a great thing to do, but people do make mistakes (including big ones, like marrying the wrong person), and should get second chances. He didn't appear to view her as his second chance, though - everything we saw up until the revelation of the pregnancy was that he viewed her as the mistake, and wanted Emily back. He did the honorable thing in being willing to stand by her through the pregnancy, and I believe he honestly loved their child, but I don't see their relationship in general as a healthy one. If there had been no pregnancy, there would have been no continuing relationship, and considering how that ended . . guilt is not a good foundation.

Could that have changed on Novus, sure - as you've pointed out, a lot of the obstacles in place were removed, and he was divorced (if not by his choice) by that time. They were basically starting over, and he clearly became quite devoted to her.

But does that mean they're "meant to be" . . no, I don't think so. It means people change (see above re: affairs, divorces, etc.)

(But I do like Sam/Jack )

Comment

Hey guys..

Ever you are going to be happy about this..

remember I was going to write a Tamara/Varro fic for The Hunt where they actually kiss and not get interrupted... well.. I found my first draft that I wrote on paper and am typing it up now and putting the finishing touches on it.. sooo I am going to need a beta soon so if anyone is interested let me know! and I will post the link to the fic when I have it all uploaded to ff.net
                              sigpic

Comment

Yay! Jade's writing a kiss fic! Sweet!

Hoshi, who are all of the couples in your sig gif?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X