No announcement yet.

TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, now that I've gotten my giddiness out of the way, at least for the next hour, I posit a question:

Current Destiny - Since we all know the series is ending shortly (damn TPTB to HELL!) what impact will Young's having saved Varro be to his & TJ's relationship? Do you think Everett will step aside so TJ can have Varro? Or do you think he's realized he doesn't want to loose her?

Spoiler:
    I loved that Young came down to the planet to comfort TJ. You could see he was clearly there for her. His attention was divided between answering Scott and glancing at TJ. Once he finished his response to Scott, he was right back at her side, put his arm around her and allowed her to cry on his chest.

You could see Young debating in his head about going to retrieve Varro. Did he have time, was he even alive? Shows the depth of Young's character that he bothered to check on the man. Then we get that contemplative look as he's flying the shuttle. What was he thinking? Will his good will toward Varro enhance his chances again with TJ?

How will her illness impact her interactions with both men? Varro was clearly concerned for her (okay, he might not be as bad as I want to believe. I'll leave that for my fan fiction ideas) wanting to comfort her as well. TJ allowed herself to be weak and somewhat selfish and cry on Young's chest. I'm glad she allowed him that act of comfort. But where will her emotions take her? She's obviously frightened - will it debilitate her from doing her job? She's always been the one that cared for others - can she allow Young or Varro (drat-drat) do the same for her?

Comment

"Epilogue" -

Spoiler:
      I loved how distracted Young was while talking to radio... it was after finding out about TJ's illness. He kept looking at her. Such a sad moment, yet so wonderfully shippy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
        Okay, now that I've gotten my giddiness out of the way, at least for the next hour, I posit a question:

Current Destiny - Since we all know the series is ending shortly (damn TPTB to HELL!) what impact will Young's having saved Varro be to his & TJ's relationship? Do you think Everett will step aside so TJ can have Varro? Or do you think he's realized he doesn't want to loose her?
        I thought that he already realized that he doesnt want to lose in the previous episode 'Common Ground'.

There is a scene towards the end in the canteen where out cast regulars are discussing how they like their descendants but will be happy when they reach Novus and the ship is not so crowded. Young turns up and disperses everyone to different tasks until only TJ is left sitting there.

Then he just stands there staring thoughtfully at her as though he is seeing her clearly for the first time in a long time and does not leave until after TJ has looked up and seen that he is still stood there staring at her.

I interpret this scene as Young realising that he still loves her and deciding that he doesnt want to lose her and will no longer step aside for Varro. His actions in Epilogue support this interpretation as he is seen to be more...assertive? He is no longer trying to burry his feelings for her and he is choosing to go comfort her rather than leave her to run to Varro for comfort as he was before.

I was actually quite annoyed that this staring scene is not mentioned in the transcript for Common Ground as it was imho a quite noticable if brief scene and they usually make mention of non-verbal character moments.
        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
          I thought that he already realized that he doesn't want to lose in the previous episode 'Common Ground'.

I interpret this scene as Young realizing that he still loves her and deciding that he doesn't want to lose her and will no longer step aside for Varro. His actions in Epilogue support this interpretation as he is seen to be more...assertive? He is no longer trying to bury his feelings for her and he is choosing to go comfort her rather than leave her to run to Varro for comfort as he was before.
          Interesting, I hadn't thought of his staring at TJ in that scene as anything more than awkwardness of their relationship. I like your idea better.

I'm going to watch these two episodes again back to back with this thought in mind. Maybe I wasn't seeing uncomfortableness from Young but a decision to fight for TJ.

However, she is still clearly confused about her feelings toward these two men. And I don't subscribe to the notion that TJ saw Everett as a father-figure and so started an affair with him. She's much stronger than that. Yes, she projects vulnerability with her wide-eyed glances, but she makes her own decisions.

In Epilogue during their conversation after TJ stitches his leg, you could see Young make the decision to kiss TJ and his physical movement toward her was powerful. You could see Everett's (Louis) eyes and face harden as he made the decision, and went to her. He stopped just before reaching her and allowed her to come to him, making the kiss hers. When I saw that, I had a flash to how their first kiss on Icarus must have been. Oh how the fan fiction is working in my head.

Comment

Picture from "Epilogue" -

Spoiler:

*cries*
            sigpic

Comment

Well, Joe Mallozzi has the last laugh against TJ/Young.
              Spoiler:
              He couldn't even have them hug before TJ got into the status chamber. Blast the man. TJ all googly-eyed at Varro ... yeck!
              I can tell you that's not how I see their relationship in my mind's eye. I guess I'll just have to re-watch Common Descent, Epilogue and Earth for my TJ/Young fix.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmyg View Post
                Well, Joe Mallozzi has the last laugh against TJ/Young.
                Spoiler:
                He couldn't even have them hug before TJ got into the status chamber. Blast the man. TJ all googly-eyed at Varro ... yeck!
                I can tell you that's not how I see their relationship in my mind's eye. I guess I'll just have to re-watch Common Descent, Epilogue and Earth for my TJ/Young fix.
                yea i was so bummed about that.

Spoiler:
                we did get the itty bitty scene of young standing infront of her pod staring at her before he went in his. that was something lol. it's the little things.
                Sigs by me and Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by smcki10 View Post
                  yea i was so bummed about that.

Spoiler:
                  we did get the itty bitty scene of young standing infront of her pod staring at her before he went in his. that was something lol. it's the little things.
                  Yes, that's true but I wanted more. "I am notoriously hard to please." as Everett says. At least something more than a small smile and doe-eyes from TJ. Well, fan fiction will have to fix that scene as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I quite liked how Varro got stuffed into a stasis pod whilst TJ and Young (and the rest of our core cast) got to hang round for a last supper.

Obviously they must have had other things to do during the final hours before becoming popsicles than prepare and eat food but those other things didnt make it into the script leaving plenty of space for fanfic after all whose to say that Young and TJ didnt have one last heart to heart in some dark and lonely corridor where the chances of getting interrupted were greatly diminished since the majority of the crew had become frozen popsocles

Also loved that last look he gave to frozen TJ

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                      I quite liked how Varro got stuffed into a stasis pod whilst TJ and Young (and the rest of our core cast) got to hang round for a last supper.

Obviously they must have had other things to do during the final hours before becoming popsicles than prepare and eat food but those other things didnt make it into the script leaving plenty of space for fanfic after all whose to say that Young and TJ didnt have one last heart to heart in some dark and lonely corridor where the chances of getting interrupted were greatly diminished since the majority of the crew had become frozen popsocles

Also loved that last look he gave to frozen TJ
                      Okay, now you've gotten the brain cells firing for that scene. I'll just have to write what I dreamed last night.

Comment

Last week I watched Common Descent and this evening I watched Epilogue on Sky One. I was so incredibly happy at T.J. and Young's getting together in the alt. time line and all the shippy moments between them in the primary time line...but I'm also so incredibly frustrated that Season 2 is nearly finished...and that SGU is nearly finished...but I think I'm quite convinced from the evidence I've seen that T.J. and Young's future is together.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

If that was a picture of TJ and Young i might understand the relevance of posting that image in this thread. I really dont think those outfits or poses do anything for those poor women they just looks weird, unnatural and probably uncomfortable.

Comment

Comment

Awesome vid

Comment

Working...
                                X