Sgt. Greer Catchphrase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustAnotherVoice View Post
    Again, I don't dispute this, but the phrase "Young's thug" and the like have been thrown around these forums.

This, however, I will have to respectfully disagree with. I honestly feel that Greer is one of the flatter characters, up until recently. Of all the main credits, we know the least about Greer, which is disproportionate to the screentime he gets, and Smith's screen prescence.

Its a tribute to Jamil Walker Smith's abilities that he can take what little the writers have given him to date and made him into the show's dark horse favourite.
    Absolutely. Could't agree with you more. And I can't argue about your nickname Young's Thug because I too get tired of Greer's main purpose as being the obedient follower of Young while on the ship and theobedient follower of Scott while on away missions. This character is too interesting to have him be a "yes man" to Lt. Scott every time the two characters are part of some team sent to explore a planet. The reason why I go around praising Kino 25 "Drop the Sirs" is because it does a tremendous job in conveying to the audience Greer's loyalty while at the same time making him out to be more than a one dimensional caricature.

Comment

Working...
    X