• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    SGU S02E06 Trial & Error SyFy Sneak Peak
    SPOILERS!!

What do you girls/guys make of this?
    I feel incredibly bad for Young. He keeps losing. He's losing people, he lost his baby with TJ, and now he's losing
    Spoiler:
    his wife.
    I think he's gonna be losing
    Spoiler:
    TJ to Varro
    later on in the season...which I'm *not* happy with I'd like to add. When is he gonna start winning / gaining something?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

it's true, he's losing so much and
      Spoiler:
      maybe even losing his marbles and Scott's respect if future spoilers ring true

if ever a guy needed to catch a break
      At least TJ still cares. It may no longer be lust/love, but it's still something there
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Egads that video...

Spoiler:
        What a deep scene!! He's hurt because of Emily. She wants to reach out because they shared a lot...and out there they need each other (as in, everyone needs everyone else)...:: falls over from angst ::

Have I mentioned I love angst??

Btw, a little off topic but I did a 20in20 for SGU

http://nynaeve-sedai.livejournal.com/46055.html

and I have a few updated TJ icons on my goal to 100...

http://nynaeve-sedai.livejournal.com/34623.html

Comment

*shuffles quietly in*

I love this ship, have been lurking for a while...and I love the angst here. So. Awesome.
          They're so complicated which makes this for a long story arc before it will ever be resolved lol!

Anyway...made also this little wp yesterday. Since I used pictures from the last episode I'll put it in spoilers(although I don't think it is really spoilerish)
          Spoiler:

^click on it for bigger picture^
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *shuffles quietly in*

I love this ship, have been lurking for a while...and I love the angst here. So. Awesome.
            They're so complicated which makes this for a long story arc before it will ever be resolved lol!

Anyway...made also this little wp yesterday. Since I used pictures from the last episode I'll put it in spoilers(although I don't think it is really spoilerish)
            Spoiler:

^click on it for bigger picture^
            It does seem like an on-going thing between TJ and Young. Possible up and coming spoilers for SGU:
            Spoiler:
            If TJ and Varro get together...I don't see it lasting and it will eventually come back around to TJ and Young.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              It does seem like an on-going thing between TJ and Young. Possible up and coming spoilers for SGU:
              Spoiler:
              If TJ and Varro get together...I don't see it lasting and it will eventually come back around to TJ and Young.
              to be honest

Spoiler:
              I would find that ship weird. I mean didn't he shot her? That's just stupid.
              I don't like it at all *shrugs*...but if SGU wants to go that way I'll see how it plays out, although I can't really see something between the two. (TJ/Varo I mean)
              So perhaps you see some tension and it will all lead into nothing...

What I'm the most curious about is what they are going to do with Young's wife...
              sigpic

Comment

to be honest

Spoiler:
                I would find that ship weird. I mean didn't he shot her? That's just stupid.
                I don't like it at all *shrugs*...but if SGU wants to go that way I'll see how it plays out, although I can't really see something between the two. (TJ/Varo I mean)
                So perhaps you see some tension and it will all lead into nothing...

What I'm the most curious about is what they are going to do with Young's wife...
                No, the marine who tried to attack Varro and the other LA's shot her. And Riley. And one LA guy. One out of three ain't bad, I suppose.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  No, the marine who tried to attack Varro and the other LA's shot her. And Riley. And one LA guy. One out of three ain't bad, I suppose.
                  Ah ok Just looked it up...I did have the right guy in mind...just not the right action lol I remember it now, sorry

Still...I prefer TJ/Young angst against other ships
                  sigpic

Comment

I gotta say that the Young/TJ is enjoyable as hell to watch because while I root for them a little, the sheer amounts of angst surrounding them is kinda fun. It's like a subversion of the Jack/Sam ship - Young and TJ break the protocol in the heat of the moment instead of hanging around for years of build-up of the shippy stuff, and so much bad stuff ensues. It's great, and leaves a really weighty feeling on their scenes together (Trial and Error especially. Ouch).
                    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      I gotta say that the Young/TJ is enjoyable as hell to watch because while I root for them a little, the sheer amounts of angst surrounding them is kinda fun. It's like a subversion of the Jack/Sam ship - Young and TJ break the protocol in the heat of the moment instead of hanging around for years of build-up of the shippy stuff, and so much bad stuff ensues. It's great, and leaves a really weighty feeling on their scenes together (Trial and Error especially. Ouch).
                      I so agree with this. It in a way reminds me of Sam/Jack, but they did break the rules as you say and they now have to deal with the fall-out.
                      The thing that in a way, if you do compare this ship with S/J, annoys me is that you don't hear anything about the frat rules...

In a way Telford could have used this against Young to get command on the Destiny.
                      sigpic

Comment

The thing that in a way, if you do compare this ship with S/J, annoys me is that you don't hear anything about the frat rules...
                        Maybe that could have something to do with it that TJ was about to resign anyway and go to medical school? Having a military career was never that important for her, she did it for other reasons than, say, Sam and Jack did.

Anyway, that's my humble take on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          Maybe that could have something to do with it that TJ was about to resign anyway and go to medical school? Having a military career was never that important for her, she did it for other reasons than, say, Sam and Jack did.

Anyway, that's my humble take on it.
                          True, but they're now still on Destiny together acting like they are in the military...so you would think that the protecol would do something about it. I think about it mainly since everyone wanted control over the Destiny and certainly with TJ's pregnancy someone like Telford or Wray could have gone that legal way to get in command.

I know they couldn't do a whole lot about it seeing as they are far away and certainly since TJ is the only medic on board, but I like to see angst
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, angst is good.
                            sigpic

Comment

True, but they're now still on Destiny together acting like they are in the military...so you would think that the protecol would do something about it. I think about it mainly since everyone wanted control over the Destiny and certainly with TJ's pregnancy someone like Telford or Wray could have gone that legal way to get in command.

I know they couldn't do a whole lot about it seeing as they are far away and certainly since TJ is the only medic on board, but I like to see angst
                              Jann!!! :: pounce ::

I think at the moment Earth has a very precarious hold on Destiny. Sure, they could come in the protocols, but how would they really enforce a change of command? For better or worse, Young has the support.

Unlike Sam and Jack where the frat regs would be a HUGE deal, on Destiny they're trying to survive. The frat regs are like a gnat when there's a big spider about to eat you whole and alive. It's context ultimately.

It also seems to me that they are SHOWING us the fallout rather than harping on it. Jack was utterly disgusted with Young the last time they stood in the a room together. Young and TJ have anything but a happy, healthy relationship.

I watch TJ/Young and I enjoy the angst and I sigh with relief that...

Jack and Sam stuck with the regs LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Jann!!! :: pounce ::

I think at the moment Earth has a very precarious hold on Destiny. Sure, they could come in the protocols, but how would they really enforce a change of command? For better or worse, Young has the support.

Unlike Sam and Jack where the frat regs would be a HUGE deal, on Destiny they're trying to survive. The frat regs are like a gnat when there's a big spider about to eat you whole and alive. It's context ultimately.

It also seems to me that they are SHOWING us the fallout rather than harping on it. Jack was utterly disgusted with Young the last time they stood in the a room together. Young and TJ have anything but a happy, healthy relationship.

I watch TJ/Young and I enjoy the angst and I sigh with relief that...

Jack and Sam stuck with the regs LOL
                                Ouch! You pounced me! *pounces back*

That makes sense...and yes, Jack wasn't too happy with Young...

I actually like it that even though in a way you could compare this ship with S/J, it is totally different. They broke the regulations and are now dealing with the fall-out.
                                I would love to see how/why they were so drawn towards each other in a sort of flashback episode, but I don't think that will happen though

As for the not "happy/healthy relationship" that is exactly what makes this ship so interesting for me. If I wanted a more happy and healthy one I would have been a Chloe/Scott shipper
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X