Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colonel Everett Young/Tamara Johansen Friendship Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    If properly developed I would much rather see TJ/Young than the whole wife story.
    Me too. After seeing this scene I really got the feeling that this marriage was dead long before Young decided to stay at Icarus a little while longer...

I must however say that it was pretty interesting to see how it was portrayed that while there is something going on between Young and TJ, Young still loves his wife. That was very human and realistic imo.
    I thought so, too which made me sympathetic of him, not of her

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Well maybe it'll be different now that BW and RCC are in charge of SGU, they may not make the same mistakes as a certain couple made on SGA....But I ain't getting my hopes up just to be dashed again
    Me neither. Five years of SGA made that impossible

Why didn't we see a shirtless Lorne I would have been so for this
    *iz half-dead from the thought alone

Well I thought so too, but my hopes got dashed anyway. Hopefully they'll restore my hope, me believing in them next week when "Water" airs. BW and RCC should really know what they are doing, I thought. Maybe they do, and are just trying to confuses us, have us talking and discussing.
    Ah, hope... such a beautiful thing
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      Me neither. Five years of SGA made that impossible
      I know I was a pessimist before but 5 years of SGA turned me into a devout pessimist

*iz half-dead from the thought alone

I would have got behind this

Ah, hope... such a beautiful thing
      Hope? What's that then?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        The Sheridan/Ivanova example you brought up is a prime example of this. They had great chemisrtry and good dynamic.
        I was hoping for something like this between Young and TJ but after little glimpses of what I've seen (and I've tried to avoid spoilers for SGU like the plague) it's too bad they're not going to do this.
        sigpic

Comment

Better TJ/Young than Scott/TJ. That's too pathetically predictable to be of any enjoyment.
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Yeah, but I don't think there was ever any talk about TJ/Scott, so that's not very likely.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Yeah, but I don't think there was ever any talk about TJ/Scott, so that's not very likely.
              I suppose that's the advantage of a larger cast: there is no definitive "leading man" or "leading lady".
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I was hoping for something like this between Young and TJ but after little glimpses of what I've seen (and I've tried to avoid spoilers for SGU like the plague) it's too bad they're not going to do this.
                This would have been very good for the show IMO. Pity the guys on stargate don't seem to realise that men and women can be good friends, best of friends even without having sexual tension between them Maybe if they grow up they'd realise this

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                Better TJ/Young than Scott/TJ. That's too pathetically predictable to be of any enjoyment.
                This is true actually. That would be the worse kind of ship From what I've seen they look like they could be good friends but nothing more than that. I don't think she's that much older than him is she? But she does seem to be a lot more mature than he is.

I suppose that's the advantage of a larger cast: there is no definitive "leading man" or "leading lady".
                There was no leading lady in SGA and look how well that turned out
                sigpic

Comment

howdy all! first off im new to the forum so pardon me for any mistakes i may unwittingly make here. but yeah, i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question. and i have to say im so excited to see where this all goes. i had a sneaking hunch from air I and II that something was up there with young and tj and im glad to see i was right. theres just an intimacy two people share when theyve "gone there" be it either physically or emotionally that overflows into all of their interactions and i have to say that both actors did a fabulous job of showing that in all of its subtlety.

an interesting question id love to ask louis as an actor is whether young, during the scene in light when hes playing with his wedding ring, was thinking of his wife or thinking of losing tj who was presumably on her way to relative safety. or perhaps just thinking of the general muddle presumably made of both situations.

also another question i thought id float here that i got from reading another thread elsewhere is in the upcoming episode
                  Spoiler:
                  where we have seen pics and video of tj and young kissing, whether or not that is actually young or telford or someone else in young's body? id like it to actually be young, but im way too paranoid of sneaky writers to believe it until i see it.
                  any thoughts on this one guys??

i hope the show keeps up the great writing and acting and storytelling. this is my new favorite show and im obsessed. friday cant get here fast enough!

Comment

Originally posted by curiositykitty View Post
                    howdy all! first off im new to the forum so pardon me for any mistakes i may unwittingly make here. but yeah, i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question. and i have to say im so excited to see where this all goes. i had a sneaking hunch from air I and II that something was up there with young and tj and im glad to see i was right. theres just an intimacy two people share when theyve "gone there" be it either physically or emotionally that overflows into all of their interactions and i have to say that both actors did a fabulous job of showing that in all of its subtlety.
                    Welcome!

I completely agree with you about the actors. I think they did and continue to do a beautiful job.

Incidentally, did you notice this thread?
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459
                    There's some more speculation wandering around there, as well as, in Linda's case, a ton of denial.

also another question i thought id float here that i got from reading another thread elsewhere is in the upcoming episode
                    Spoiler:
                    where we have seen pics and video of tj and young kissing, whether or not that is actually young or telford or someone else in young's body? id like it to actually be young, but im way too paranoid of sneaky writers to believe it until i see it.
                    any thoughts on this one guys??
                    Given the way they film the stone-swapping scenes, I think it's either really Young or someone pretending to be him (or TJ; could go either way). They've always filmed the stone scenes with the actors portraying their own characters. Lou Diamond Phillips is still seen even when Telford's in Young's body, and the same with Louis Ferreira as Young in Telford's body. The only exception that we've seen so far is in reflections and brief other-peoples'-point-of-view shots, which are probably there to reinforce the fact that the other characters aren't seeing what we are. It's possible that the kiss is from somebody else's point of view, but I'm inclined to think not because that person would be about six inches away from the back of Young's head at the time. Which would be weird.

Comment

Originally posted by senatorincitatus View Post
                      Incidentally, did you notice this thread?
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70459
                      There's some more speculation wandering around there, as well as, in Linda's case, a ton of denial.
                      Denial is my friend *huggles denial*
                      sigpic

Comment

Watched Water last night
                        Spoiler:
                        I am growing to appreciate TJ very much after this ep. I think she'd make a better Second to Young than Scott. She's no nonsense, won't take no crap from anybody

Didn't see much TJ/Young scenes but I liked that small part when he told her she'll do fine, in case he didn't make it back.

I hope they start to develop this possible friendship more over the coming weeks
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I especially enjoyed the little pause/hitch she gave when Young to her that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I especially enjoyed the little pause/hitch she gave when Young to her that.
                            hmmmm *rubs chin* I think I understand what you just said Yeah that was nice.

This could become a positive friendship on the show
                            sigpic

Comment

i would say that that video clip of the interview with louis pretty much closes the door on this particular question.
                              Unless LF was just messing with us. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to go all in denial as Linda, but there's still always the other possibility. And even if it is all true, it is uncertain that it will be really confirmed on screen. Linda may be wearing very thick glasses, this is still speculation and future spoilers, which may or may not be proven partly/completely correct/incorrect.

an interesting question id love to ask louis as an actor is whether young, during the scene in light when hes playing with his wedding ring, was thinking of his wife or thinking of losing tj who was presumably on her way to relative safety. or perhaps just thinking of the general muddle presumably made of both situations.
                              You've just gotta love the duality of all these moments. There's always that other possibility. Or other meaning.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Unless LF was just messing with us. Wouldn't be the first time. I don't want to go all in denial as Linda, but there's still always the other possibility. And even if it is all true, it is uncertain that it will be really confirmed on screen. Linda may be wearing very thick glasses, this is still speculation and future spoilers, which may or may not be proven partly/completely correct/incorrect.

You've just gotta love the duality of all these moments. There's always that other possibility. Or other meaning.
                                *takes off very thick glasses and cleans them*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X