Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colonel Everett Young/Tamara Johansen Friendship Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jper View Post
    Not only the SGA debacle. The SG1 Sam/Jack debacle as well. It was believable for five-six-seven seasons, but then it kept going on and on and nothing never happened. It totally ruined Sam/Jack for me. Not to mention how in Trio they cut out the confirmation for them. They deleted the scene. Idiots.
    Like I said, It takes a lot of practice

They either drag in on for like, ever( Jack/Sam) or they stick two people together outta no where with no kind of development (McKay/Keller) or they just outright destroy any kind of ship that they started hinting at to pull us in before ripping out our hearts (John/Teyla and it could maybe apply to John/Weir too if you look close enough)

This is why I pray they don't put TJ/Young together, cause I like both characters and I don't want TPTB to destroy their characters

The thing that saved Sam/Jack for me is AT and RDA's on screen chemistry and their individual characters, they never destroyed that...Not like they destroyed the Teyla character
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
      Come on, Young! Get back home like Odysseus!

Let's hope that's Tamara body swapped with Young's wife. Would be cool if the Colonel had that reason to get home. "I'll wait for you, until I die."

Aw! Colonel gets focused.
      Actually, after the way she treated him... I found myself to be very much on his side, no matter if he cheated on her or not

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      I think that's what this is, actually. Skiffy has a long history of showing clips of smooches that are not what they appear to be.
      In this case, it would be either a scene seen through the eyes of someone else or a production shot since they have made it very clear that whenever a body swap happens, the audience sees the one occupying the body not the one owning it and the only time the audience sees the image of the one actually owning the body is when that person looks into a mirror. Eh... was that understandable?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I know. I liked shipping. But the debacle that was SGA sucked the fun right out of it
      So the Ronon/McKay/Keller fiasco was as traumatic for you as it was for me?
      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
      I will never accept defeat.
      I will never quit.
      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
      ------
      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
        Yep x100 And the way they destroyed any possibility I might have of John/Teyla. They even destroyed their friendship Writing the pregnancy into the show did Teyla no favours at all, just gave them a reason to sideline her more than normal Which is the main reason I don't want the pregnancy written into TJ's story I;d rather see her hide behind consoles and bulkheads and anything else she can find to hide behind
        sigpic

Comment

First off, if TJ and Young had an affair before the start of the show, wouldn't they be having resolved sexal tension instead of unresolved sexual tension?

About Jack/Sam... no, it was never belivable. I hated it from Day 1, mainly because it was pathetically predictable and ever-so-unoriginal to have the Leading Lady fall in love with the Leading Man. For that same reason I loathe Shep/Weir in Atlantis, and all the romances in BSG, the ones in B5, most of the Firefly ones...
          sigpic
          http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Actually, after the way she treated him... I found myself to be very much on his side, no matter if he cheated on her or not
            I must agree with you on this point. I don't like it, but I must.

I actually like McKay/Keller and I'm still supporting that ship, but for crying out loud the triangle and the inconsistencies in season five. Jikes. It just destroyed not only McKeller, but IMHO also Keller/Ronon and Ronon/Rodney. Not to mention that character development for any of them, or ship was absent or totally inconsistent. I liked the Shrine, as it really stood out between the other eps of season five, but it was just the loss of overall season, arc-story, story-line and a certain vision as where to go, that caused it all to go from unbelievable, to unrealistic, to bad, to worse. *sighs*
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
              First off, if TJ and Young had an affair before the start of the show, wouldn't they be having resolved sexal tension instead of unresolved sexual tension?

About Jack/Sam... no, it was never belivable. I hated it from Day 1, mainly because it was pathetically predictable and ever-so-unoriginal to have the Leading Lady fall in love with the Leading Man. For that same reason I loathe Shep/Weir in Atlantis, and all the romances in BSG, the ones in B5, most of the Firefly ones...
              But in my little world they don't have RST or UST....I like my denial bubble *huggles bubble of denial*

But it's Jack. I mean he's just dreamy. How can any female say no Especially with that silver hair of his *drools*

I stopped watching orgy in space otherwise known as BSG Wasn't a fan of Sheridan/Delenn but it didn't bother me. I wanted Mal/Inara to get together Love John/Areyn in Farscape And Kira/Odo in DS9. Used to love Mulder/Scully in X-Files till they destroyed it
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                It all depends on how things ended. And I believe things ended with a whole lot of unresolved things/matters, not only the sexual tension.

Comment

I wanted Mal/Inara to get together.
                  So did I. I really was/am rooting for them. And then there was "Heart of Gold." *looks dreamily* If TPTB of SG could only take that (Firefly) as an example of how it should be done. If only. However, sadly, unfairly, they canceled firefly. Way too soon.

Comment

So did I. I really was/am rooting for them. And then there was "Heart of Gold." *looks dreamily* If TPTB of SG could only take that (Firefly) as an example of how it should be done. If only. However, sadly, unfairly, they canceled firefly. Way too soon.
                    Cancelled after one bloody season....What was that about It was awesome

Yeah the PTB of SG could learn a thing or two from shows like Firefly and Farscape about developing a relationship, and can'r forget the best show ever at writing relationships in their show, DS9......But not developing it to death before they get together Or not developing it at all and sticking two people together outta thin air

How not to write ship SG 101
                    sigpic

Comment

I;d rather see her hide behind consoles and bulkheads and anything else she can find to hide behind
                      Well, with your reasoning... I absolutely agree. There is potential that a pregnancy could make for interesting character dynamics and development (even if there's only friendship between TJ and Young) and I actually start to drool a little at the thought of how wonderfully complicated this could become... but then I remember what they did to Teyla in the pregnancy arc and the drooling gets replaced by shudders...

I must agree with you on this point. I don't like it, but I must.
                      She was really only thinking of herself, wasn't she? And it was only about herherher. I mean, okay, it's understandable because I guess they have a pretty torrential history what with him never resigning even though he promised (and since when did it become quasi canon that he has a medical condition? Or did I miss something stating that the dream sequence in 'Air' definitely meant that he had one?) and all that but... I don't know... if she really loved him and still cared about him wouldn't that all become kinda inconsequential the moment he told her they might never see each other again but that he was still trying everything he could not to let that happen? It felt like she was long over him and he was the one suffering, not her.

I actually like McKay/Keller and I'm still supporting that ship, but for crying out loud the triangle and the inconsistencies in season five. Jikes. It just destroyed not only McKeller, but IMHO also Keller/Ronon and Ronon/Rodney. Not to mention that character development for any of them, or ship was absent or totally inconsistent.
                      ITA!
                      I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                      ------

Comment

Well, with your reasoning... I absolutely agree. There is potential that a pregnancy could make for interesting character dynamics and development (even if there's only friendship between TJ and Young) and I actually start to drool a little at the thought of how wonderfully complicated this could become... but then I remember what they did to Teyla in the pregnancy arc and the drooling gets replaced by shudders...
                        That's the main reason I am dead set against it. TPTB ripped hope right outta there with Teyla I still get shivers and not the good kind every time I think of it, and it still makes me so angry at what they done to the character For this I will never forgive them.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's the main reason I am dead set against it. TPTB ripped hope right outta there with Teyla I still get shivers and not the good kind every time I think of it, and it still makes me so angry at what they done to the character For this I will never forgive them.
                          And I just hope they won't do this EVER again to a female character in the SG franchise... but for some reason TJ seems like a very likely character to be a target TJ and James... huh. Do TPTB have a problem with strong, sexy, independent female characters?
                          I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                          ------

Comment

She was really only thinking of herself, wasn't she? And it was only about herherher. I mean, okay, it's understandable because I guess they have a pretty torrential history what with him never resigning even though he promised (and since when did it become quasi canon that he has a medical condition? Or did I miss something stating that the dream sequence in 'Air' definitely meant that he had one?) and all that but... I don't know... if she really loved him and still cared about him wouldn't that all become kinda inconsequential the moment he told her they might never see each other again but that he was still trying everything he could not to let that happen? It felt like she was long over him and he was the one suffering, not her.
                            Well, you might be asking the wrong person, because I hate those damn stones with a infuriating passion, and still think the stones are the worst thing about SGU, but indeed, Young's wife, not a first stime guest star on SG I might add, was not at all what I would called interesting. It was a boring, unnecessary, as a flashback could have had a better effect, scene and she wasn't really his wife. No I agree. If properly developed I would much rather see TJ/Young than the whole wife story.

I must however say that it was pretty interesting to see how it was portrayed that while there is something going on between Young and TJ, Young still loves his wife. That was very human and realistic imo.

And yes there's still the question of Young's medical condition.

And yes I found Young's wife to be "her her her her..."

Comment

And I just hope they won't do this EVER again to a female character in the SG franchise... but for some reason TJ seems like a very likely character to be a target TJ and James... huh. Do TPTB have a problem with strong, sexy, independent female characters?
                              Well maybe it'll be different now that BW and RCC are in charge of SGU, they may not make the same mistakes as a certain couple made on SGA....But I ain't getting my hopes up just to be dashed again

They seemed to get it right for the most part in SG-1 with Sam and Janet, both strong and independent woman and they didn't put them in skimpy outfits (for the most part) to show of their "assets" but in SGA they had strong women in Teyla and Weir and ended up using their assets more than anything. Weir's T-shirts got tighter and tighter and Teyla's outfit while she was pregnant showed off her assets so much I forgot what her face looked like I'd like to know why we didn't see the guys in figure hugging outfits in SGA (with the exception of Ronon ), why not give them extremely tight fitting trousers. They didn't seem to have a problem shoving Weir in a T-shirt two sizes too wee Why didn't we see a shirtless Lorne I would have been so for this
                              sigpic

Comment

Well maybe it'll be different now that BW and RCC are in charge of SGU, they may not make the same mistakes as a certain couple made on SGA....But I ain't getting my hopes up just to be dashed again
                                Well I thought so too, but my hopes got dashed anyway. Hopefully they'll restore my hope, me believing in them next week when "Water" airs. BW and RCC should really know what they are doing, I thought. Maybe they do, and are just trying to confuses us, have us talking and discussing.

Comment

Working...
                                X