Eli Wallace & Chloe Armstrong Ship/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
    *sigh* and is anyone else upset that....
    Spoiler:
    this kiss was more of a "friendly" kiss.... I swear it looked more like a passionate kiss in the trailers
    I was.. I thought..
    Spoiler:
    THAT WAS IT!!! A PECK ON THE CHEEK!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
      I was.. I thought..
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      The first thing I thought with Eli "revealing" his feelings was...he wasn't actually revealing a damn thing. Going with "so you know right?" and similar language was an emotional letdown for me. Then again, I don't have a very high opinion of what the writers were doing with his feelings for her anyway. And yes, it felt like an absolute rip off. He could have at least actually said that he loves her.
      sigpic

Comment

He could have at least actually said that he loves her.
        He already has back in Time. We, the audience, know it's there, and so does Chloe apparently.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          He already has back in Time. We, the audience, know it's there, and so does Chloe apparently.
          It was technically from an excised timeline though. But Chloe knows and for the sake of plot, that's sufficient. The way he want about telling her in Incursion 2 though...I was hoping for something a little more, especially since he's been waiting to tell her for the whole season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            It was technically from an excised timeline though. But Chloe knows and for the sake of plot, that's sufficient. The way he want about telling her in Incursion 2 though...I was hoping for something a little more, especially since he's been waiting to tell her for the whole season.
            Expectations were a tad high, eh? I don't blame you - me personally, I didn't think there'd be any declarations of love until the show goes on a bit. I'll bet my hat that Scott'll be the one to save Chloe next season and Eli'll feel somewhat bitter and become closed off.

'Cause that's what a good ship is. Bad timing + angst > ray of hope > evil goddesses hijacking the female's body + horrible death and tears.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Expectations were a tad high, eh? I don't blame you - me personally, I didn't think there'd be any declarations of love until the show goes on a bit. I'll bet my hat that Scott'll be the one to save Chloe next season and Eli'll feel somewhat bitter and become closed off.

'Cause that's what a good ship is. Bad timing + angst > ray of hope > evil goddesses hijacking the female's body + horrible death and tears.
              hehehehe are you sure you're not Ronald D. Moore in disguise?? Man I got my heart ripped out in that series shipping Starbuck and Apollo and I said NEVER AGAIN!! So I came into SGU not really wanting to ship anyone...and I am still very tenuous about shipping anyone now after the whole BSG fiasco but I will say ......
              Spoiler:
              I was NOT disappointed in the Eli/Chloe scene at all...in fact I was so touched by it ...I cried.....cuz it was real to me. I don't think Eli would be the sappy type to profess his love for her and tell her lots of stuff cuz he is really just worried whatever he does will wreck what they have as friends and he doesn't want to take that chance IMO. He loves her that much that he will just suffer in silence and be that "good friend" and if that is all he gets he will take it! But you are right I have always felt that Eli/Chloe are the real ship here and the Scott/Chloe thing is just the angst or the plot device to keep them apart. I just think he will get the girl in the end...after all Mckay got the cute doctor
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I wasn't looking for a declaration per se. But not being direct about that sort of thing was...irritating.

I guess the frustrating thing about watching Eli this season was that he was doing the opposite of what I usually would do. If I have feelings for a lady, I'll be pretty direct about it. In fact, any negative or positive feelings I have about anyone generally get voiced directly pretty quickly. Example: If someone is cool, I hang around and talk with them. If it's a lady I have feelings for, she'll know quickly. Now if the person is someone I don't care to be around at all, they're going to know that very quickly too and then be virtually non-existent to me.

Having said that, I think that Eli might act on his feelings for her. And Chloe might face an interesting choice in the future.
                sigpic

Comment

hehehehe are you sure you're not Ronald D. Moore in disguise?? Man I got my heart ripped out in that series shipping Starbuck and Apollo and I said NEVER AGAIN!
                  Dude Starbuck and Apollo had nothing on the heart-crushing-ness of Angel and Cordelia and Fred and Wesley from Angel. Though imagine a Joss Whedon/RDM show... THE HORROR!

Comment

Spoiler:
                    this kiss was more of a "friendly" kiss.... I swear it looked more like a passionate kiss in the trailers
                    Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    I was.. I thought..
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought that at first too, but then I thought about it;

Spoiler:
                    Eli was ecstatic about the fact that she knew how he feels toward her, but by giving her a simple peck on the cheek he showed her that being her best friend is not runner up.

Watch a lot of Joss Whedon do you?

@SupremeLegate
                    Apogee Institute
                    Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

It's desensitised me to a lot of things when it comes to happy relationships.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Exactly what I was thinking. Not that I really "ship" them, but it would have been far more interesting... Just sayin'
                        Last edited by Jper; 13 June 2010, 01:22 AM.
                        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                          Exactly what I was thinking. Not that I really "ship" them, but it would have been far more interesting... Just sayin'
                          Man that trailer must've been made with the intent to lead the fandom on - the aliens boarding the ship? Rush getting some tail? Eli and Chloe wuv? AWESOMEZ.

Hilarious.

Comment

Dude Starbuck and Apollo had nothing on the heart-crushing-ness of Angel and Cordelia and Fred and Wesley from Angel. Though imagine a Joss Whedon/RDM show... THE HORROR!
                            OMG yes.... I would likely slit my wrists

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                            I thought that at first too, but then I thought about it;

Spoiler:
                            Eli was ecstatic about the fact that she knew how he feels toward her, but by giving her a simple peck on the cheek he showed her that being her best friend is not runner up.

True....
                            Spoiler:
                            and really who knows how this will develop now that she knows....there is a possibility that she could "choose" him over Matt in the future. Still not sure tho if she is physically attracted to him...I think that could be the only fly in the ointment...but I do think she does love him very much and this whole thing with them....allowed her to see just how much he does care for her and how far he is willing to go for her and I think that is going to weigh very heavy on her mind in the future for them.

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                            yeah it was obviously to lead on the fans....and a tease no doubt

Comment

Man that trailer must've been made with the intent to lead the fandom on - the aliens boarding the ship? Rush getting some tail? Eli and Chloe wuv? AWESOMEZ.

Hilarious.
                              Last edited by Jper; 13 June 2010, 01:17 AM.
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I may do some more capping and post them....if you all are interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X