Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueintegraboy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Like SG1 and SGA before it (and with SGU sort of), there is a chance of an 'alternate' Riley. He could be re-written in the show. In sci-fi, nobody really dies.
    Spoiler:
    No, never, please. His death was a tragic and sad event, but bringing him back would only diminish it. Let him stay dead, and rest in peace.

I always loved his sense of humor. And I bet it's going to be so sad to watch pre-"Aftermath" episodes where Riley is.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      Spoiler:
      His death was a tragic and sad event, but bringing him back would only diminish it. Let him stay dead, and rest in peace.
      Spoiler:
      They've resurrected Franklin, Rush's wife and a dead baby. Why should poor Riley miss out?
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        No, never, please. His death was a tragic and sad event, but bringing him back would only diminish it. Let him stay dead, and rest in peace.

I always loved his sense of humor. And I bet it's going to be so sad to watch pre-"Aftermath" episodes where Riley is.
        In my rewatches of earlier episodes, this is going to be something that really stands out for me, making Riley even more important than he is now
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
          Spoiler:
          They've resurrected Franklin, Rush's wife and a dead baby.
          But have they really?
          sigpic

Comment

But have they really?
            That's why I put after my post.

Spoiler:
            If Riley turns up in somebody's weird experience it won't automatically mean he's been resurrected.
            sigpic

Comment

That's why I put after my post.
              No kidding.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                He's got three memorials on the TV Tropes website.

Killed Off For Real

You have to click the open/close all folders to see the entry for him.

He's also mentioned in this topic - click the open/close all folders for the entry.

Big Breasts Big Deal

I left the best to last.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...argateUniverse

He's listed as an Ensemble Darkhorse.

Generally, it's used to describe a side character making up part of the Ensemble, either a non-lead secondary character or a mere Flat Character, who can sometimes become unexpectedly popular with the fandom (sometimes, even more than the lead characters) depending on who and where the fandom is.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I didn't look far enough down the Stargate Universe page on TV Tropes. Riley also qualifies for -

Heroic Sacrifice

Mercy Kill

Power Perversion Potential

Tear Jerker

He got a lot of tropes for a character who was only in a few TV/kino episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My favourite character is dead, I can’t believe he is actually gone, but I had a bad feeling about his future from the very beginning, something just told me he wouldn't last long into the second season
                    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
                    "That he is concealing something."
                    "Like what?"
                    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
                    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
                    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
                    "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My favourite character is dead, I can’t believe he is actually gone, but I had a bad feeling about his future from the very beginning, something just told me he wouldn't last long into the second season
                      Spoiler:
                      This story me feel a little bit better. Imagination can be a wonderful thing.

Someone Watching Over You
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        This story me feel a little bit better. Imagination can be a wonderful thing.

Someone Watching Over You
                        Spoiler:
                        Thanks for posting the link to that story. Very interesting theory regarding Franklin and his role with what's going on. I also liked Riley standing up to Rush.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Thanks for posting the link to that story. Very interesting theory regarding Franklin and his role with what's going on. I also liked Riley standing up to Rush.
                          Spoiler:
                          I did as well. The great thing about the Stargate fictional universe is that it includes alternate universes. There will be many AUs where Riley's still alive and well so Riley fans can always go to one in their imagination.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I did as well. The great thing about the Stargate fictional universe is that it includes alternate universes. There will be many AUs where Riley's still alive and well so Riley fans can always go to one in their imagination.
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm usually not a fan of alternate universe stories but this particular one was well-done and points toward some very interesting things with Dr. Franklin. And of course, Riley is alive and well.
                            sigpic

Comment

Still missing him.
                              sigpic

Comment

me too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X