Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have seen Aftermath...

Spoiler:
    this is a link to a very good article about Riley's fate and Haig Sutherland.
    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
      what can i say, *(^^%$£*((&^£"**&^%
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        It was heartbreaking at least though, really well done.

Comment

Oh well, guess I won't be watching Stargate Universe much anymore

Comment

Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Spoiler:
              Just read the article on Stargate Wiki.

Riley! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

He was an awesome background character.
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                Spoiler:
                The number of times Riley had near-brushes with death made me think that he was somehow going to make it back to Earth. The character's death was upsetting to me for a 3 big reasons.

First, he reminded me of a friend who died in a terrible accident almost 8 years ago. He too had that cool sarcasm and wit.

Second, Riley was one of the main reasons I watched SGU. Of the many characters they've got on the show right now, he was very high in terms of likability. The way he chose to go was admirable. The whole time he was in pain, he thought of the welfare of the crew. If only certain other characters could be so selfless. Some of the characters on the show are frankly downright unlikable at the moment, which brings me to reason number 3.

He didn't have to die. If Rush had decided to be truthful in the first place about finding the access code to Destiny's systems, the shuttle accident would never have happened. Gloria was correct that Rush's negligence was directly responsible for the accident. But Rush rationalizes the whole thing away, as usual, because he believes that Young is unfit for command. Well his negligence and concealment of the truth pretty much reveals that Rush himself is definitely unfit for command. It's ironic that he claims that that Young is mentally unstable. Young isn't the one talking to 2 people inside his mind right now. Rush is using "the greater good" as a pretext to use the crew and the ship to further his personal agenda. Incredibly selfish I think, which is diametrically opposed to Riley's caring for the crew even in his final moments.

Regardless of what I think or feel about what happened, Riley is gone. The only thing that can be done is to say that he will be missed.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/8...edarksmall.jpg

RIP Sgt. Hunter Riley *somber salute*
                *lip trembles*
                crap, dammit Cold Fuzz! He will definitely be missed and fourth paragraph? Yeah, that exactly
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Spoiler:
                  This really upset me and is what has kinda made me a bit anti Rush. Just like at the end of last season when Young did not vent the atmosphere as he should have. Rush was out of line sending them. This one is solely his fault. I still kinda like him but he lost some major points with this one.

And I will miss HR. too bad
                  sigpic
                  Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Like SG1 and SGA before it (and with SGU sort of), there is a chance of an 'alternate' Riley. He could be re-written in the show. In sci-fi, nobody really dies.

Comment

:/

Spoiler:
                      Dude was my favourite supporting character from the get-go. I'll miss him tons. Saw it coming, but circumstances surrounding it were great (and both Rush and Young got a little guilt out of it), and as far as Stargate character deaths go, he got a pretty damn good one. No exploding tumours or anything. Just death by Rush being neglectful and Young being merciful.

"What happened to being smart?" - Hunter Riley, SGU Runtime: October 2nd, 2009 - October 5th, 2010.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        :/

Spoiler:
                        Dude was my favourite supporting character from the get-go. I'll miss him tons. Saw it coming, but circumstances surrounding it were great (and both Rush and Young got a little guilt out of it), and as far as Stargate character deaths go, he got a pretty damn good one. No exploding tumours or anything. Just death by Rush being neglectful and Young being merciful.

"What happened to being smart?" - Hunter Riley, SGU Runtime: October 2nd, 2009 - October 5th, 2010.
                        Spoiler:
                        Sadly Riley forgot his own statement. If you have a lot of poignent dialog early in an episode and are a secondary character under no circumstances do anything other than lock yourself in your room until the episode is over. It happend to Frasier, Beckett, and now Riley.
                        sigpic
                        Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                          [IMG]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091008171009/stargate/images/thumb/1/1b/HunterRiley.jpg/250px-HunterRiley.jpG]
                          Spoiler:
                          I shall miss him greatly
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I still miss Riley. Is that odd? Funny, I almost expected to watch SGU tonight being that it's Friday.
                            sigpic
                            Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Spoiler:
                              He wasn't just my favourite character - he was the only one I liked and could believe was a real person.

I won't be watching this episode on Tuesday (I'm in the UK) I'll be too annoyed about him being killed off to appreciate anyone's acting even if they're giving an award winning performance. This doesn't mean I'll never watch it if Sky repeats the season some time, though.
                              sigpic

Comment

aftermath pic spam

Spoiler:

"(
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X