Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    SGU starts tomorrow night
    You haven't seen "Intervention" yet, right?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      You haven't seen "Intervention" yet, right?
      Nope, I don't think. Is that the name of the first ep of S2? If so then it's on tomorrow at 9pm
      sigpic

Comment

Nope, I don't think. Is that the name of the first ep of S2? If so then it's on tomorrow at 9pm
        Yes, it is.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
          Ohhh Lala! I like!!!!!
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            Not really. But I found surprising that she was also considered for Chloe's character.

*tries to imagine AH playing Chloe* Uh, yeah, no.
            Ditto on her playing Chloe....ahhh, yeh....no. I heard that somewhere too and cringe at the thought. She is waaayyy too good an actress to waste on playing Chloe. No offense to Alyse though.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
              I liked it and I liked the way TJ's storyline was handled.
              Agreed. I was skeptical at how they would do the opener given how things were left at the end of season 1. However I was very impressed with the episode. A little more mellow than I would have expected for the opener but very good over all. Loved how they handled the situation with TJ being shot and the the whole baby situation. Kinda pleases everyone on all fronts more or less. Technically the baby is killed off but for those that didn't want to see the baby killed off, we are given hope that possibly the baby wasn't killed off. Hats off to TPTB for the direction they took on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                I liked it and I liked the way TJ's storyline was handled.
                I liked it too
                But the writers have no slightest idea how
                Spoiler:
                a woman after C-section looks like, how she feels and what a serious operation it is I suppose it was the only way to remove the dead fetus. I know TJ is a strong woman but given the circumstances in which she had it, the way she just got up and walked wasn't very convincing... Besides there some other ugly details I better won't mention

I know it's just SGU, sorry for grumbling But in the other hand they wanted to be realistic.

I think the whole TJ's storyline
                Spoiler:
                could be just a dream. It's possible that she dreamed of a nebula and when she saw the one at the end of the episode, her mind made her believe that it looks exactly the same. It's not necessarily the confirmation of her story.

But well, I suppose we'll never really be sure and that's what I like the most about the story

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                Ohhh Lala! I like!!!!!

Thank you!

Comment

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, Icarium,
                  Spoilers for SGU 2x01 Intervention
                  Spoiler:
                  but there's no way to know how much time passed between the C-section and TJ getting up. I was under the impression, but I could be wrong, that it was several days at least. Otherwise it is indeed very strange that she can get up like that and walk around. But give it two-three days and it would be possible, although very ill-advised.
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    Not that I necessarily disagree with you, Icarium,
                    Spoilers for SGU 2x01 Intervention
                    Spoiler:
                    but there's no way to know how much time passed between the C-section and TJ getting up. I was under the impression, but I could be wrong, that it was several days at least. Otherwise it is indeed very strange that she can get up like that and walk around. But give it two-three days and it would be possible, although very ill-advised.
                    In fact
                    Spoiler:
                    the earlier you get up after the c-section the better. If she was unconscious for such a long time, it would be even more difficult to get up and walk. Doctors advise to walk as much as a woman can handle within 6-8 hours after c-s, sometimes after 12 hours. It doesn't really matter because either way walking straighten up after c-s is a masacre But these were men who wrote the script

I forgot to add how much I loved Alaina's performance in the episode

Comment

Can I just say that I officially hate us being a whole week behind I can't participate in any discussions
                      sigpic

Comment

Can I just say that I officially hate us being a whole week behind I can't participate in any discussions
                        sure you can, you just won't have any idea what you're talking about
                        (j/k - I'm 4 days behind, so for 4 days, I don't have any clue what's going on either. Some would say this is a normal state of affairs )
                        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                          (j/k - I'm 4 days behind, so for 4 days, I don't have any clue what's going on either. Some would say this is a normal state of affairs )
                          Sure I can just talk rubbish. Folks won't know the difference anyways
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                              In fact
                              Spoiler:
                              the earlier you get up after the c-section the better. If she was unconscious for such a long time, it would be even more difficult to get up and walk. Doctors advise to walk as much as a woman can handle within 6-8 hours after c-s, sometimes after 12 hours. It doesn't really matter because either way walking straighten up after c-s is a masacre But these were men who wrote the script

I forgot to add how much I loved Alaina's performance in the episode
                              Well then I'm learning. I
                              Spoiler:
                              assumed C-section was like regular surgery where healing of a surgical wound is stable enough to handle the stresses of walking only after 24 to 48 hours after surgery, or so I was told. However, anyways, I was not talking about her being unconscious all the time. I was talking about her lying there in the bed for a couple days, and maybe getting up, too. I was thinking some time had progressed between her first waking up and her getting up. There's where I saw the time progressing. Not when she was unconscious. Then, logically, I don't see the problem with the writing. Technically if she could walk, then AH's portrayal of how difficult it would be for her to walk would be wrong and not the writing. And on the other hand, I didn't saw her walking "easily". So I still don't see the issue...

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              Well I was going to say something, but then this got posted:

Well if you yourself are saying, I guess we can only agree.

and more
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                                Well if you yourself are saying, I guess we can only agree.

and more
                                Okay you can stop laughing now...........Really, you can stop now

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X