Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    I've seen fans asking Alaina whether she was pregnant in RL. So, not all noticed it. That's why I asked. Although it was pretty obvious, wasn't it.
    I think I only noticed because I was looking to see if she was showing or not. If I hadn't known Alaina had been pregnant while filming, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
    Last edited by Khentkawes; 11 September 2010, 11:26 AM. Reason: typos are evil
    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't notice till it was glaringly obvious? And I only watched the eps the last week or two
      sigpic

Comment

I've seen fans asking Alaina whether she was pregnant in RL. So, not all noticed it. That's why I asked. Although it was pretty obvious, wasn't it.
        Yeh if I remember right. When I met her in July. I got to sit in on a panel of hers where someone actually asked her what it was like wearing a baby suit for shooting the episodes! LOL! She politely replied that she was actually pregnant in RL at the time. LOL!
        My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
        "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
          I think I only noticed because I was looking to see if she was showing or not. If I hadn't known Alaina had been pregnant while filming, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
          I knew that she was pregnant while filming. But hadn't followed any spoilers so I didn't know if they had incorporated her RL pregnancy into the storyline or if they had her using props to hide it. I looked and definately couldn't tell. It wasn't until she actually revealed her pregnancy to us in "Faith" that I could sorta see that she was. TPTB along with Alaina did an amazing job of concealing the pregnancy until it was meant to be revealed.

I have read interviews and stuff where she explains that she was farther along in her pregnancy in RL than TJ was in hers at the time of the episode "Faith". So they did have to be a little creative in making TJ look about as pregnant as she was to be at the time of revealing the pregnancy. And then later I think TPTB had enough time lapse that Alaina didn't have to do anything special. And that is when we get to see her in the white collared shirt and Camo pants.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
              It wasn't until she actually revealed her pregnancy to us in "Faith" that I could sorta see that she was. TPTB along with Alaina did an amazing job of concealing the pregnancy until it was meant to be revealed.
              It was kind of obvious how they tried to hide it in "Human" and then in "Lost", but I do agree with you. I've seen some "Divided" bts pictures, and the lighting and angles totally fooled me in the episode itself. The belly was quite sizable, but nothing would hint that in "Divided".

Picture to prove my point -

sigpic

Comment

To be honest if I hadn't already known I don't think I would have noticed. Unorthodox shooting angles aren't particularly unusual for SGU to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  To be honest if I hadn't already known I don't think I would have noticed.
                  I'm not so sure about myself. Since I knew about it, I kept checking. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed.
                  sigpic

Comment

And I'm not a particularly observant person so I didn't notice till she had a big belly
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      And I'm not a particularly observant person so I didn't notice till she had a big belly
                      Lucky you. I wish I had had the same thing. It would've it easier to enjoy the episode and characters in it, and not think about the actress's RL pregnancy.

But let's not dwell.

Less than two weeks until the premiere of season 2. Anyone else here excited?
                      sigpic

Comment

Lucky you. I wish I had had the same thing. It would've it easier to enjoy the episode and characters in it, and not think about the actress's RL pregnancy.

But let's not dwell.

Less than two weeks until the premiere of season 2. Anyone else here excited?
                        Well not quite yet. I'm still buzzing from seeing the new Resident Evil movie in 3D So when does it get shown in the UK? Is it the Tuesday after the US air time or do we have to wait a couple of weeks after the US premiere?

It's been soooooooooooooooooooooooo long a wait *says the person that's only had to wait a few weeks from seeing the finale*
                        sigpic

Comment

So when does it get shown in the UK? Is it the Tuesday after the US air time or do we have to wait a couple of weeks after the US premiere?
                          Should be Oct 1st.

It's been soooooooooooooooooooooooo long a wait *says the person that's only had to wait a few weeks from seeing the finale*
                          I was about to say that. Tsk tsk.
                          sigpic

Comment

Should be Oct 1st.
                            Cool Can't wait

I was about to say that. Tsk tsk.
                            What? I'm also not a very patient person
                            sigpic

Comment

Cool Can't wait

What? I'm also not a very patient person
                              The premiere date is getting closer and closer. You don't have to wait much longer. 12 days to go. And then I'll find out what's going on on my avvie. Let's see if I can bring myself to use it after seeing... "Intervention", I suppose.
                              sigpic

Comment

Borrowed GW Comic Con trailer caps that feature TJ -

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X