Tamara Johansen/Alaina Huffman Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
    Other than being preggo, are you all really seeing a bunch of TJ and Teyla similarities? I'm not and the show is so different that I don't really see it happening that way at all.
    Personally I have seen that they are on completely different ends of the spectrum. From my own point of view, I think that a combination of TPTB/writing and the most brilliant performances by AH, we have seen AH's/TJ's pregnancy handled beautifully so far. We got to see TJ struggle with the consequences of actions that she probably knew in her heart right away (after it happened) were not right and very much regretted the whole situation. We get to see the change in Young since finding out that TJ was pregnant with his child. And in the midst of it all, we have TJ going about her normal duties, helping everyone on board Destiny, but with the added element that she is pregnant.

What I was meaning, was that TPTB might do a storyline where they (the people on board Destiny or just TJ) is in trouble and TJ "conveniently" goes into labor at the "wrong" time. As if to use her birth as a way of creating some serious drama. Much like they did with Teyla in the S4finale/S5premier.

At least they haven't used AH's RL pregnancy as a plot device for TJ's pregnancy like they did with Teyla. At least they haven't yet.
    My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
    "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Just as a side note, for those that didn't know, Joe Mallozzi had a blog post up about a week or less ago where he said that we could send in question for Alaina Huffman. And he has them with her answers posted on his blog right now. Where she does share some insight on herself, her pregnancy and TJ being pregnant, Though there are no spoilers in it beyond some mention about the scene of her bein thrown around in "Sabotage"

Here is the Link:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

And if you want to follow Alaina Huffman, she is on Twitter as: @alainahuffman

I'm sure she'd love hearing from her fans. I won't guarantee that she will tweet back to you, however she has tweeted back to me a couple of times. To which I was pleasantly surprised that she had.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Updated link for the interview:
        Click Me!

And upon reading this question
        Me writes: “I love the work Alaina has done in Painkiller Jane, Smallville, and now SG-U. My questions for Alaina are: 1) Is it tough being a Goddess?”

AH: GREAT QUESTION Thanks… I will ask one when I meet one
        I heretofore nominate that we now refer to Alaina Huffman as Goddess Huffman, or simply Goddess for short.
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
          Updated link for the interview:
          Click Me!

And upon reading this question

I heretofore nominate that we now refer to Alaina Huffman as Goddess Huffman, or simply Goddess for short.
          I'd have no problems with doing that!

Comment

I already knew she was a Goddess of Beauty and awesomeness!
            sigpic

Comment

I hope and pray for the day when Alaina and Amanda get to share a scene together as TJ and Sam. I don't think I'd be able to withstand the sheer awesomeness of those two beauties blazing through my TV screen.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                I hope and pray for the day when Alaina and Amanda get to share a scene together as TJ and Sam. I don't think I'd be able to withstand the sheer awesomeness of those two beauties blazing through my TV screen.
                I agree. I would love an episode with the two of them in the same episode. The two women who have been an inspiration to me in my life.

Comment

That would be awesome! I think it's unlikely, though. If Amanda ever gets aboard the Destiny, they are probably just going to give her scenes with Rush and Young.
                  "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
                  "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
                    That would be awesome! I think it's unlikely, though. If Amanda ever gets aboard the Destiny, they are probably just going to give her scenes with Rush and Young.
                    If all that happened was Sam was standing next to TJ in camera shot and they never said a word to each other...I think my brain would melt just from that vision.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

If all that happened was Sam was standing next to TJ in camera shot and they never said a word to each other...I think my brain would melt just from that vision.
                      I too would doubt that they would be in the same scene for more than a few seconds as most of the screentime would be with Amanda and Robert. TJ is just the ships medical officer. And probably knows next to nothing about how the ship operates. Where as Carter and Rush would be like two big think tanks in one room!

Though just having Carter and TJ in the same episode would be really cool. Though I could see how cool it was if Carter had to go to TJ to get medical help. And I would just melt if the episode was before TJ has her baby, and Carter is being treated by TJ and Carter asks TJ about how she is doing in her pregnancy. And the two of them get talking about her pregnancy, about Young and TJ mentions how things are going between her and Young.

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                        I too would doubt that they would be in the same scene for more than a few seconds as most of the screentime would be with Amanda and Robert. TJ is just the ships medical officer. And probably knows next to nothing about how the ship operates. Where as Carter and Rush would be like two big think tanks in one room!

Though just having Carter and TJ in the same episode would be really cool. Though I could see how cool it was if Carter had to go to TJ to get medical help. And I would just melt if the episode was before TJ has her baby, and Carter is being treated by TJ and Carter asks TJ about how she is doing in her pregnancy. And the two of them get talking about her pregnancy, about Young and TJ mentions how things are going between her and Young.
                        That would be a scene with "EPIC WIN" written all over it.

Comment

That would be a scene with "EPIC WIN" written all over it.
                          Indeed!

Comment

Indeed!
                            Had a feeling you might agree. Now...if they could just work a way out to get Helen Magnus on to Destiny at the same time...

Comment

Had a feeling you might agree. Now...if they could just work a way out to get Helen Magnus on to Destiny at the same time...
                              That would be something!

But I know that wouldn't happen at all! Unless the character is from another series in a franchise or possibly another series that the network owns (ie I seen a few crossover episodes between ER and Third Watch), then it would never happen.

Though I'm sure Helen would want to bring the "Ticks" to her Sanctuary!

Actually I'd vote for a four musketeer team - Sam, Daniel, Carson and TJ! Epic Win there!

Comment

Actually I'd vote for a four musketeer team - Sam, Daniel, Carson and TJ! Epic Win there!
                                I could get behind that one!
                                "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
                                "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                                X