• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
    *pokes Mac*

I made TJ icons from Faith.
    All here.
    Very nice Luc

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    S'no problem. Only if you feel you have to...unless you just have to.

Yes...you and the starfishies both.

What I don't get is why you didn't say anything about the fake beard being on my forehead and the glasses being on my chin (it was a rushed disguise)...and you didn't think the glowing red nose was my real one did you?

they do.

Better get this back on-topic otherwise we'll be told off by the mods...errr...what to say what to say?! Ooooohhh...errr...Ah-ha! *ahem* - I like/adore/love TJ.
    I just have to It's built into my genes

I knew there was something "off" about it but I just couldn't put my finger on it

pfft, please. We wouldn't be us if we didn't derail the thread Keeps em on their toes *snicker*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I just have to It's built into my genes

I knew there was something "off" about it but I just couldn't put my finger on it

pfft, please. We wouldn't be us if we didn't derail the thread Keeps em on their toes *snicker*
      Then who am I to argue with what comes a natural?

Well I guess you see all sorts at funfairs. I was just one more oddball amongst many. Who'd notice?

LOL True...I really just don't like getting in trouble. My default is "good little forum member" mode so I do feel the need to keep the mods on the right side from time to time.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Then who am I to argue with what comes a natural?

Well I guess you see all sorts at funfairs. I was just one more oddball amongst many. Who'd notice?

LOL True...I really just don't like getting in trouble. My default is "good little forum member" mode so I do feel the need to keep the mods on the right side from time to time.
        Can't beat nature

Yes you get all sorts at fun fairs, speaking of which. The fun fair is in town here. So it'll be raining at the weekend

Goody two shoes
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Can't beat nature

Yes you get all sorts at fun fairs, speaking of which. The fun fair is in town here. So it'll be raining at the weekend

Goody two shoes
          So I hear. And what I can't beat, I join.

LOL Sounds like a familiar story. As long as the rain is only at the weekend and doesn't move beyond it then I'm cool. I'm away in Somerset for 5-days next week and it'd be nice to see the place in weather that's nothing short of clear, blue skies, sunshine and a wee bit of warmth too.

And they are very, very good shoes. I close my eyes, tap my heels together, and say "there's no place like home" and I get whisked off to a wonderful place where mods can't yell at me for being off-topic.

Love Tamara. Love 'er (just to keep in the spirit of the thread).

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Having just re-watched "Faith"
            Spoiler:
            it was more obvious than ever before that they were hiding Alaina's big belly. I'm not sure how big it should be with TJ's 15 weeks (would like to know, tho!), but there were some shots, where it was pretty visible.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
              Having just re-watched "Faith"
              Spoiler:
              it was more obvious than ever before that they were hiding Alaina's big belly. I'm not sure how big it should be with TJ's 15 weeks (would like to know, tho!), but there were some shots, where it was pretty visible.
              I noticed that too, and was thinking that she should really get around to telling Young. It's extremely obvious, and not everyone on the ship can be completely oblivious.
              "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." -G.K. Chesterton
              "I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Caritas View Post
                I noticed that too, and was thinking that she should really get around to telling Young. It's extremely obvious, and not everyone on the ship can be completely oblivious.
                In "Human"
                Spoiler:
                it was the same way. TJ had either her back turned to the camera or there was a pile of something that hid her belly. I think TJ shouldn't have as big belly as Alaina has, so the crew might not notice it because of that. Again, no idea how 15 weeks along pregnant one should look.

There have been some spoilers that
                Spoiler:
                in "Lost"
                Spoiler:
                TJ is gonna tell Young about her condition.
                sigpic

Comment

AH is waiting for our questions - http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
                  sigpic

Comment

I was just coming here to post that. Seems like I'm not fast enough. I posted my questions.
                    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                      I was just coming here to post that. Seems like I'm not fast enough. I posted my questions.
                      I couldn't think of very original and interesting questions, but sent them anyway. Hopefully she'll answer 'em soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think it must be TJ/Alaina Huffman day today. As well as reading about Alaina doing a Q&A for Joe Mallozzi's blog...I pick up the latetest issue of SFX magazine (#196) and discover Alaina's also done a wee interview for them. I recommend checking out if you can.

Comment

I think it must be TJ/Alaina Huffman day today. As well as reading about Alaina doing a Q&A for Joe Mallozzi's blog...I pick up the latetest issue of SFX magazine (#196) and discover Alaina's also done a wee interview for them. I recommend checking out if you can.
                          I can't, so can you write what was said there?
                          sigpic

Comment

If only I could find magazines and stuff like that somewhere around here...
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I can't, so can you write what was said there?
                              Originally posted by Jper View Post
                              If only I could find magazines and stuff like that somewhere around here...
                              Nonsense. Your both just too cheap to cash out £3-99 on a magazine. That's the real reason you want me to type it out.

Here you go:

From SFX magazine #196:

Alaina Huffman
                              Stargate Universe's TJ on how she's keeping the Stargate flame burning bright

Pushing change is never easy when it comes to sci-fi, especially when it comes to beloved franchises. Genre fans like their touchstones. Take the venerable, long-running Stargate machine; its devotees love them some Gate jumps and their military characters confident and full of purpose. So when the latest spin-off Stargate Universe debuted last year with a large ensemble of military and civilian characters all chaotically stranded on an alien ship called Destiny, plenty of Gaters rushed the messageboards and took out their ire on the show and characters like Alaina Huffman's Tamara "TJ" Johansen.

A First Lieutenant still training to get her medical degree, Johansen (like the rest of the characters) started out overwhelmed, treating a multitude of injuries almost alone while trying to get her bearings amongst the clashing personalities. The disharmony was something fans of the mythology, well, kind of hated. And Huffman says she and the cast certainly knew it.

"I think initially some of us paid a little too much attention to the blogs and the fanbase," Huffman explains. "We had to learn for ourselves not to listen to that because it can be really horrible. They can be really mean," she laughs. "But people are entitled to their opinions. We're really lucky we even got the attention of a mass fanbase and a huge audience and a gigantic international presence."

For her part, Huffman likes that Universe goes against the typical Stargate grain. "I thought it was positive that these characters are growing and developing. I know it is different from the Stargate brand, since we are all not sure of ourselves, but I think it's more representative of the truth, to be quite honest. I think all of us in life are in a position to grow and it can be overwhelming. As a person I am starting this new show with a huge fanbase and it's got its grip on the world. I can definitely relate to TJ. She goes into it saying, 'I know I can do it and I know I am good at what I do but this is really overwhelming.' I don't think that takes away from her strength at all. I think in fact all of the bones are there but she just has to muscle up and that's representative of all the characters."

The show recently returned with ten new episodes which Huffman says contain challenges that draw out more of who all these people really are, including TJ. "We visit a handful of planets and there is a division that happens in the episode 'Divided'. That becomes a really tender spot for all of us, not even specifically to what we do on the ship, but personality wise. We all have to live together and work together as civilians and military. It becomes a point where we ask, 'Is your way better or our way better?' It becomes a tender spot and then we have to heal from what happens. So it's different situations of more of the same where we are all growing and developing but there is no resolve. We don't miraculously figure out how to get back to Earth. I thin what we have always been trying to pitch for the show is that it's about the individual dealing with the situation; not the situation."

For Tamara that means getting more confident in her duties and dealing with those that challenge her. "There are a few confrontations with [IOA civilian] Camile Wray, Mind Na's character," the actress teases. "I think that shows the balance and the pushing and pulling. And coming up, 'Faith' is a beautiful episode for Tamara."

And as more of the characters interact, Huffman says audiences will get a better understanding of what makes these characters tick. "All of [the characters] individually have a relationship. Because it's an ensemble we all interact differently. Chloe interacts differently with the military personnel than TJ does. And then there are these civilian relationships like [Lisa] Part and TJ working together in the infirmary, so there's a bonding there."

Huffman says there might even be more healing between TJ and her former lover Colonel Everett Young (Louise Ferreira) in the upcoming episodes. "I think their relationship is the elephant in the room," she smiles. "But I think both of them have enough maturity and respect to kind of put their own feelings aside and have genuine like, if not love, feelings for each other, He has a wife and I think she respects that as well, even thought it may not seem like that because of what happened. But I would like to see her move and and see him move on."

Just starting production on Universe's second season, Huffman teases that a new love interest might even be around the corner for Tamara, as well as plenty of other surprises. "It was overwhelming to step into the big shoes and up until now we've been riding coattails. But now we've proven our worth and we hope we can develop our own brand of Stargate."
                              Last edited by Alan; 11 May 2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Alan - you're made of awesome! Thankies.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X